F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Italian Race Red and Brogue Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 05:49 AM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Italian Race Red and Brogue Interior?

I have not seen this combination in person but am interested in it since I like both colors. Has anyone bought this combination and, if so, how does it look? Any pictures?

Most Italian Race Red F-Types I have seen have Jet leather with red stitching. While I like this, I think the brogue would also look good but I've not been able to find one that I can see.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:56 AM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Pardon my ignorance, but what it is brogue?

Old 12-24-2014, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by jns2001
Pardon my ignorance, but what it is brogue?
It is a medium brown color. See below:

Old 12-24-2014, 07:02 AM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

The Brogue is really nice, and there is at least one member here with brogue in a vert.

Not to subvert your thread but...

Its a personal preference, BUT - I think Camel with Camel carpet goes really well with the Blacks, Stratus Grey, IRR, BRG and Sapphire Blue Metallic on the V6.

I wish Jag would come up with some more radical interiors. Most photos of F Type interiors are so monochrome they look like they were taken with a black and white camera. 'R's dont even have an option for carpet (other than Jet) and for MY2016 headlining is going to be mostly Jet if the web configurator is right.

Having searched the approx 1000 ftypes listed on Cars.com, there are only a handful that are anything but Jet, or Jet with stitching. This may reflect dealer conservatism...

Old 12-24-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by mshedden
The Brogue is really nice, and there is at least one member here with brogue in a vert.

Not to subvert your thread but...

Its a personal preference, BUT - I think Camel with Camel carpet goes really well with the Blacks, Stratus Grey, IRR, BRG and Sapphire Blue Metallic on the V6.

I wish Jag would come up with some more radical interiors. Most photos of F Type interiors are so monochrome they look like they were taken with a black and white camera. 'R's dont even have an option for carpet (other than Jet) and for MY2016 headlining is going to be mostly Jet if the web configurator is right.

Having searched the approx 1000 ftypes listed on Cars.com, there are only a handful that are anything but Jet, or Jet with stitching. This may reflect dealer conservatism...

I agree. It is going to be even more difficult to choose an awesome interior color combination such as the above in 2016 from what I have seen in the order guide.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:26 AM

Here is an F-Type I saw yesterday - British Racing Green (too dark a pigment; almost black) with brogue interior:

2015 Jaguar F-TYPE V6 S - Jaguar dealer in Tampa Bay Florida ? New and Used Jaguar dealership Largo Clearwater Pinellas Park Florida

Old 12-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

The Duotone seats are really the only way to spice up the interior but not sure what options are available for 2016. I have the red inserts in the jet leather with the red stitching and red seatbelts. Someone else on the forum has ivory inserts in the jet. There are very limited options to personalize the interior.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by ApolloBeachRetiree
Here is an F-Type I saw yesterday - British Racing Green (too dark a pigment; almost black) with brogue interior:

2015 Jaguar F-TYPE V6 S - Jaguar dealer in Tampa Bay Florida ? New and Used Jaguar dealership Largo Clearwater Pinellas Park Florida
You read my mind as I was curious about how that Brogue looks with BRG. Those pictures are rather poor and it's hard to tell what color it is...at least from certain angles.

Separately, I parked next to a MINI in BRG this morning and while checking it out (for the color) reminded myself that any variation of Green just isn't my color as much as I want to love it (in the F-Type). I do love it...just don't want to live with it. Which reminds us all that the only thing which matters is your taste.

There are no "bad" colors as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-24-2014, 09:52 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

The pictures for the linked car do a really poor job showing off the BRG. It's one of the Xyrallic colors and it really pops and shows best with some light. I also have the brouge interior and I think it's a great combo.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I have not seen this combination in person but am interested in it since I like both colors.
With the IRR, you might also look at the camel color. My sense is that the brogue may not be the right hue for the IRR.

Old 12-25-2014, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
With the IRR, you might also look at the camel color. My sense is that the brogue may not be the right hue for the IRR.
Yes, the brogue may be too dark. I am considering the camel color but, it is hard to find a car with a camel interior in this area. I have been unsuccessful so far.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member

....it is hard to find a car with a camel interior in this area. I have been unsuccessful so far.
In our area, I have only seen jet interiors, but then again, the local population consisting primarily of bureaucrats are loath to drive anything but monochromic (shades of white to black) SUVs and "practical" cars.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
In our area, I have only seen jet interiors, but then again, the local population consisting primarily of bureaucrats are loath to drive anything but monochromic (shades of white to black) SUVs and "practical" cars.
I just found a used 14 IRR w camel convertible that is in Coral Cables. My wife likes it but that's because it is an automatic with heated seats, etc.

Old 12-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Another forum member, Mulmur, has the IRR with Duotone seats with camel inserts. I think he said they appear lighter in the picture.

Jaguar Palm Beach has a 2015 R coupe in salsa red with camel Duotone seats.

New 2015 Jaguar F-TYPE For Sale | West Palm Beach FL | VIN: SAJWA6DA6FMK11400

The following users liked this post:
ApolloBeachRetiree (12-25-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

I agree. It is going to be even more difficult to choose an awesome interior color combination such as the above in 2016 from what I have seen in the order guide.
I think you are better off with Jet carpet since it will stay cleaner. I think Camel with Jet stitching, and Jet headliner is the most complimentary interior for IRR.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I think you are better off with Jet carpet since it will stay cleaner. I think Camel with Jet stitching, and Jet headliner is the most complimentary interior for IRR.
I agree re the carpet. I would love to be able to see two IRR cars and compare camel to brogue.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

I agree re the carpet. I would love to be able to see two IRR cars and compare camel to brogue.
These cars are so rare that it's near impossible to see these combinations in most cities.

You just need to know what look you want. The IRR/Camel is the classic Ferrari look. The Brogue is a bit more unusual.

Personally if I was getting a red car, I would get Salsa Red with Ivory full leather interior, jet stitching, jet leather headliner and jet carpets.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

I will be addressing the dirt issue with jet carpet pads, but having the lighter color on the lower carpeted panels and transmission tunnel really lightens up the interior and makes it feel more spacious.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:15 AM

These cars are so rare that it's near impossible to see these combinations in most cities.

You just need to know what look you want. The IRR/Camel is the classic Ferrari look. The Brogue is a bit more unusual.

Personally if I was getting a red car, I would get Salsa Red with Ivory full leather interior, jet stitching, jet leather headliner and jet carpets.
That combination would look nice but my preference is the IRR. I've not decided on the interior yet but do prefer the brogue.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Personally, I think IRR and Brogue are a perfect combination. In keeping with the season, it kinda like a reverse chocolate covered cherry.

Quick Reply: Italian Race Red and Brogue Interior?