F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Italian Red, British Racing Green, Sapphire Blue or Polaris White?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Italian Red, British Racing Green, Sapphire Blue or Polaris White?

Only wish I could go to a dealer and see all 4 with various interior combinations..

The Italian Red... makes the heart beat a little faster

The British Racing Green - classic

The Sapphire Blue - classy

The White - clean and shows the lines...

Love the Brogue interior - but only on the S...

Anyone have a Jet with Ivory stitch? Looks classy, too.

Let me know your preferences...

Old 04-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I have the Italian Racing Red R coupe and love the colour and its a real attention getter.. with camel seats etc..

What's more important is what would you like .. can't imagine what I or others have purchased should affect your decision.

Try to go to a few different dealers and look at the combinations, even if you have to drive for a couple of hours, assuming you call ahead for colour choices .. also, there are some pretty good pictures that have decent colour rendering if you look up Jaguar F type R reviews in the internet.

Even the configurator on the Jag site is of some help with colour and wheel choices.
Good luck.
Lawrence

The following users liked this post:
Flinger (04-25-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
I have the Italian Racing Red R coupe and love the colour and its a real attention getter.. with camel seats etc..

What's more important is what would you like .. can't imagine what I or others have purchased should affect your decision.

Try to go to a few different dealers and look at the combinations, even if you have to drive for a couple of hours, assuming you call ahead for colour choices .. also, there are some pretty good pictures that have decent colour rendering if you look up Jaguar F type R reviews in the internet.

Even the configurator on the Jag site is of some help with colour and wheel choices.
Good luck.
Lawrence
Thanks, Lawrence.

Sure, it's preference. Just love to hear what others think.

Here in he States - at least in the Philly area, there are few dealerships and it seems gray, black or silver at the colors of choice of the dealerships unless custom ordered.

I find the Jaguar website to be a bit lesser in quality than some other manufacturers. A little hard to 'see the whole' package.

Would really love to see them all in person. Have seen the red and blue at dealership in cities I happen to be visiting on business.

Love the Italian Red....

Old 04-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

All great colors. I personally like the darker colors on the Ftype, which is odd for me, all my previous cars were white. If I had to choose from your list, I would go with the sapphire blue or the irr.

I have the jet interior with ivory stitch and I really like it. I'm in local to you (philly) if you want to check it out in person

Old 04-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Flinger
Thanks, Lawrence.

Here in he States - at least in the Philly area, there are few dealerships and it seems gray, black or silver at the colors of choice of the dealerships unless custom ordered.

I find the Jaguar website to be a bit lesser in quality than some other manufacturers. A little hard to 'see the whole' package.

Would really love to see them all in person. Have seen the red and blue at dealership in cities I happen to be visiting on business.

Love the Italian Red....
I used to travel quite a bit for work as well, and I suppose you could check out the local Jaguar dealerships..
Also, if you are ever up this way (Toronto area) we have a few dealers that should have some variety.. as far as that goes, if I'm around you can look mine over.
On the 'Canada' site, there is a recent thread on a group in the Toronto area (and I was one of them) that meet for Jags and coffee and one of the guys published some pictures that show a few f types.. but not so much the interiors.
Anyway, if you are not in a rush, all the better as it will give you time to see a few combinations.
Lawrence.

Flinger (04-25-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 07:53 PM

Love that idea - thanks, I'll take a look.

Wish there was a F Type club in this area to come and check them out...

Old 04-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Lawrence's car is awesome! I was at the meet up as well. I'm partial to the sapphire blue of course. They really do all look great. I'm not really a fan of the black pack but to each their own....
You're right about the website. The colours aren't very good. If you go through the photo thread there are quite a few pictures that represent the colours well. Good luck with your decision!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:11 PM
rbr
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

BRG w. camel. Car always draws looks and complements wherever I take it.
I actually had a pretty good idea how it would look from the website, but the metallic is much deeper and richer than can be apparent on a computer. Dealers will almost never have a color unless someone has backed out of an order.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:17 PM

You guys rock...

You must be living the dream....

Red, white and blue.... reminds me of.... lol

Looks like a fun day!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Default Pics

Here's a couple of pictures...

Attached Thumbnails Italian Red, British Racing Green, Sapphire Blue or Polaris White?-image.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Default Pic

Another

Attached Thumbnails Italian Red, British Racing Green, Sapphire Blue or Polaris White?-image.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Flinger
Thanks, Lawrence.

Love the Italian Red....
The jag builder website doesn't really show the colors well. Some colors look really bad. In person and actual car photos, all the colors look beautiful. You can't go wrong with any color.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Default Pic

White

Old 04-25-2015, 08:50 PM

Gorgeous...

Old 04-25-2015, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

If I had to do it all over again - replace my Stratus Grey - and my wife didn't have a gorgeous BMW 325 xi in silver I'd probably get Lunar Grey. In lieu of that and based on your choices, it would be Sapphire Blue for me hands down.

I also happen to have Jet interior with Camel stitching and love that combo.

Good luck!

Old 04-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

I bought ebony because of all the black plastic exterior trim. Seemed to be the least busy looking. Plus my wife prefers black cars. We now have three.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:41 PM

The gray's and black are great. When clean, nothing beats a black. Had a black 5 series that was spectacular. But.... here in the NE US, it's just hard to keep it as clean as it needs to be...

I've switched to white's on my last 3 cars.

But, the F Type is special. So, I'm to get the one I like the best - not the one that needs fewer baths...

Old 04-25-2015, 11:28 PM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

I spray mine with water free wash daily. It's a ten minute job. Fresh clean car every morning.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
If I had to do it all over again - replace my Stratus Grey ...
wash your mouth out!

Old 04-26-2015, 03:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by OzRisk
wash your mouth out!
Ah yes. That came off the wrong way my brother! In my and, yes, Oz's opinion Stratus Grey was, is, and would be our first choice hands down. We have no regrets whatsoever choosing the stunning understated (not that any aspect of the car is) elegance and breath-takingly good looks of Stratus Grey and would do it again in a heart-beat. As far as we are concerned, the only choice is the one we made.

My comment was merely listing my order of color preference based on the OP.

Glad that got cleared up!

With apologies!!!

OzRisk (04-26-2015)

Quick Reply: Italian Red, British Racing Green, Sapphire Blue or Polaris White?