F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?

Hi All - woke up to a morning in the 30s here in New England, realized I need to get a move on with finding a winter wheel/tire setup for my '17R. I already decided on new 19" Conti DWS 06 tires (used the same tires with my S4 in the winter with awesome results).

My first preference would have been to find a set of 19" propellers but I haven't had any luck so am looking at a set of Coventry Ashford wheels 19x 9.5 (et35) for the rear and 19x8.5 (et25) for the front. They are rotary forged and I've had a set of rotary forged wheels previously from TSW (who own coventry I believe) that I liked.

I can't see any reason that these won't fit on the R as I dont have the ceramic brakes BUT my local tuner, who I trust and respect, tells me that (according to Coventry) they will NOT fit on the R, even with standard brakes. He can't explain why, so I wonder if his information is incorrect.

Does anyone have any experience putting these 19" wheels (link below) onto an R, and/or if anyone else on the forum has purchased 19" wheels for their R with positive results please could you share details? I've seen the 19" winter wheel/tire packages for the SVR on Tire Rack but dont recognize any of the brands.

Fitment | Coventry Jaguar Wheels

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

Old 10-17-2017, 10:41 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure about THOSE wheels, but I recently struggled to find winter wheel options and ended up finding quite a few good ones.

I ended up with some 19" wheels from TireRack for my 2015 V8R Coupe. If you look at the wheels that they list as fitting the SVR, there are quite a few options...I ordered the Axis XR 19x8.5 wheels listed for SVRs for my winter wheels w/ the Perelli snow tires on them. They have fit just fine on my car which does not have the ceramic brakes (I'm pretty sure they wouldn't fit over ceramic brakes). Here's a pic showing brake caliper clearance.

I have been told that the reason TireRack has SVR options there is that they had an SVR stop in and get measured, but they aren't sure if that means it fits other F-Types. I am giving them at least my experience as feedback, so maybe these will start showing up as F-Type R options for wheels on their pages. If you do decide to look at TireRack, ask for Luke. I worked with him and he was very helpful. His extension there is x4362.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

Do you plan to drive when it starts to snow? That's the only reason I think you would want to put dedicated winter tires on.

I live in CT and have driven through the past 3 winters with the awful P Zero's right up until the time it starts to snow / they grit the roads - the car stays in the garage on those days. Was definitely manageable if you are sensible.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Here's my setup: 19" OEM Propeller staggered setup w/DWS06.

Check out my aggressive spacer specs! You think too aggressive?!?!?

j/k I was just too lazy to bolt up and wanted to visualize how they would look in person. I might play around with black plastidip--have a can around somewhere, although I'm not too crazy about the murdered-out all blacked out look, but who knows. BTW, they look better than my Rotor wheels

Attached Thumbnails Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?-winterspacers1.jpg   Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?-winterspacers3.jpg   Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?-winterspacers5.jpg   Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?-winterspacers4.jpg   Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?-winterspacers2.jpg  

Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?-winterspacers6.jpg   Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?-winterspacers7.jpg   Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?-winterspacers8.jpg  
Old 10-17-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Driver
Not sure about THOSE wheels, but I recently struggled to find winter wheel options and ended up finding quite a few good ones.

I ended up with some 19" wheels from TireRack for my 2015 V8R Coupe. If you look at the wheels that they list as fitting the SVR, there are quite a few options...I ordered the Axis XR 19x8.5 wheels listed for SVRs for my winter wheels w/ the Perelli snow tires on them. They have fit just fine on my car which does not have the ceramic brakes (I'm pretty sure they wouldn't fit over ceramic brakes). Here's a pic showing brake caliper clearance.

I have been told that the reason TireRack has SVR options there is that they had an SVR stop in and get measured, but they aren't sure if that means it fits other F-Types. I am giving them at least my experience as feedback, so maybe these will start showing up as F-Type R options for wheels on their pages. If you do decide to look at TireRack, ask for Luke. I worked with him and he was very helpful. His extension there is x4362.
Thanks! Can you share some pics of the wheels on the car?

Old 10-17-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by ek993
Do you plan to drive when it starts to snow? That's the only reason I think you would want to put dedicated winter tires on.

I live in CT and have driven through the past 3 winters with the awful P Zero's right up until the time it starts to snow / they grit the roads - the car stays in the garage on those days. Was definitely manageable if you are sensible.
I do plan to use it when it snows, this is my one and only car :-) So, definitely need a winter setup although I will say with my previous car I've just kept the Conti DWSs on the car year-round and they dealt with whatever was thrown at them

Old 10-17-2017, 11:39 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Kief

Check out my aggressive spacer specs! You think too aggressive?!?!
I thought you were running duals. That would be unique.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:39 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shahuk
Thanks! Can you share some pics of the wheels on the car?
I threw them on the car to check clearances and then took them off again because the weather is still good. This is just a quick snap of when they were on the car in the garage. I'll get some beauty shots later.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:42 AM

Check out my aggressive spacer specs! You think too aggressive?!?!?

j/k I was just too lazy to bolt up and wanted to visualize how they would look in person. I might play around with black plastidip--have a can around somewhere, although I'm not too crazy about the murdered-out all blacked out look, but who knows. BTW, they look better than my Rotor wheels
LOOL that is awesome - Please tell me where I can get those spacers! Who doesn't love the micro-machine hotwheels look!! Jk. I would normally have said black em out but the contrast actually looks quite nice..do you know what the offsets are on those?

Did you buy the propellers from a dealer or find a set second-hand? They are definitely my first choice. The reason I was looking at the Coventry's is that apparently they are made specifically for Jags, and they are also rotary forged - I have had a set of rotary forged TSWs before and I liked them. They are listed on their site to fit the S, but not the R, but I'm not aware of any differences in the brakes/calipers or fitment between the two, unless you have the CCs...

Old 10-17-2017, 12:02 PM

LOOL that is awesome - Please tell me where I can get those spacers! Who doesn't love the micro-machine hotwheels look!! Jk. I would normally have said black em out but the contrast actually looks quite nice..do you know what the offsets are on those?

Did you buy the propellers from a dealer or find a set second-hand? They are definitely my first choice. The reason I was looking at the Coventry's is that apparently they are made specifically for Jags, and they are also rotary forged - I have had a set of rotary forged TSWs before and I liked them. They are listed on their site to fit the S, but not the R, but I'm not aware of any differences in the brakes/calipers or fitment between the two, unless you have the CCs...
Propeller offset is 49 front and 27 rear.
I bought mine as take offs from a fellow member here.

These look legit and I have no affiliation with the seller. But if you do end up getting them from him, please PM beforehand b/c I'm eyeing another different setup from him and this could possibly work to our advantage--or at the very least, you get the wheels you want.
19" JAGUAR F TYPE REAR PROPELLER WHEEL 59906 TAKE-OFF | eBay

Old 10-17-2017, 04:34 PM

Propeller offset is 49 front and 27 rear.
I bought mine as take offs from a fellow member here.

These look legit and I have no affiliation with the seller. But if you do end up getting them from him, please PM beforehand b/c I'm eyeing another different setup from him and this could possibly work to our advantage--or at the very least, you get the wheels you want.
19" JAGUAR F TYPE REAR PROPELLER WHEEL 59906 TAKE-OFF | eBay
Ok thx for this! Appreciate the heads-up - I'll shoot them a message to enquire if they have a full set and if it looks interesting I'll PM you

Old 10-17-2017, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Hi All - woke up to a morning in the 30s here in New England, realized I need to get a move on with finding a winter wheel/tire setup for my '17R. I already decided on new 19" Conti DWS 06 tires (used the same tires with my S4 in the winter with awesome results).

My first preference would have been to find a set of 19" propellers but I haven't had any luck so am looking at a set of Coventry Ashford wheels 19x 9.5 (et35) for the rear and 19x8.5 (et25) for the front. They are rotary forged and I've had a set of rotary forged wheels previously from TSW (who own coventry I believe) that I liked.

I can't see any reason that these won't fit on the R as I dont have the ceramic brakes BUT my local tuner, who I trust and respect, tells me that (according to Coventry) they will NOT fit on the R, even with standard brakes. He can't explain why, so I wonder if his information is incorrect.

Does anyone have any experience putting these 19" wheels (link below) onto an R, and/or if anyone else on the forum has purchased 19" wheels for their R with positive results please could you share details? I've seen the 19" winter wheel/tire packages for the SVR on Tire Rack but dont recognize any of the brands.

Fitment | Coventry Jaguar Wheels

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!
I have an almost brand new set of OEM Propeller Wheels stored in my garage - with slightly used OEM Pirellis still on them - covered and on a rack, which I'm not sure what to do with (or just keep them for if and when I need new wheels or to replace a wheel). In other words, I might be amiable to selling them...

I love my Continental Ultra-High Performance All-Season DWS06's so much that I never swap out of them...and why my OEM wheels and tires are "racked."

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-17-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
I have an almost brand new set of OEM Propeller Wheels stored in my garage - with slightly used OEM Pirellis still on them - covered and on a rack, which I'm not sure what to do with (or just keep them for if and when I need new wheels or to replace a wheel). In other words, I might be amiable to selling them...

I love my Continental Ultra-High Performance All-Season DWS06's so much that I never swap out of them...and why my OEM wheels and tires are "racked."
:-) will send you a PM tonight..

Old 10-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

All of the OEM 19" wheels fit on the R without carbon brakes. Because Coventry wheels are manufactured specifically to have OEM fit, I don't think you'd have a problem with an R.

I have 19" ashfords on my S right now.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:15 AM

Ok thx for this! Appreciate the heads-up - I'll shoot them a message to enquire if they have a full set and if it looks interesting I'll PM you
It notes they have a full set.
Keep me posted. Thanks

Old 10-18-2017, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I have Coventry 19" wheels that fit my 15 F typeR.. they are a few years old now as I had them for my XKR and now use them on my XE sport. Decided to take the FtypeR to Florida this year so don't need snows on it.

The tires are the snows with 'walnut technology' (don't remember the brand) and they are really good ... lots of good snow tire choices available.
Lawrence

Old 10-20-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
I have Coventry 19" wheels that fit my 15 F typeR.. they are a few years old now as I had them for my XKR and now use them on my XE sport. Decided to take the FtypeR to Florida this year so don't need snows on it.

The tires are the snows with 'walnut technology' (don't remember the brand) and they are really good ... lots of good snow tire choices available.
Lawrence
Hi - thanks for this info - do you know if they are the Ashfords, and what the offsets are? Wondering if the spec has changed over the years..Did you have any issues when they were on the F-type? Thanks!

Old 10-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

Hi - thanks for this info - do you know if they are the Ashfords, and what the offsets are? Wondering if the spec has changed over the years..Did you have any issues when they were on the F-type? Thanks!
Sorry, I don't know if they are Ashfords and they don't have any markings that would help.. they are at least 5 years old and the last time I looked at the Coventry site, they did not show them.

I never did put them on the F type R as I parked it instead, however the master mechanic at my dealer had told me they would definately fit my 2015 as the pattern etc. would be the same as my XKR.

I will see about sending a picture... by the way, they are sized to the fronts (all 4) as wide rear snows do 'snow plane' more, or at least around here due to heavy snow.
Lawrence

The following users liked this post:
shahuk (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Veteran Member

Hopefully this upload picture comes through.. the 19" Coventry's.
Lawrence

Attached Thumbnails Its almost winter time- need some shoes for the R - will these fit?-20171020_133238.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
shahuk (10-20-2017)