Sponsored by:

It's good to be bad, again!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 01:17 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 931 Likes on 609 Posts
Default It's good to be bad, again!

Just closed deal on 2018 SVR. I've been Jagless for 3 long years. More to come...

The following users liked this post:
KarimEls (01-08-2019)
Old 12-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 556 Likes on 358 Posts

Congratulations!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Congrats!

Old 12-21-2018, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 889 Posts

Nice to see you back, the F Type is completely different to the XKR but you forget comparing them after a few days. What colour?

Old 12-21-2018, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

That's great! Congratulations. Too bad you'll be putting it away for the winter. Come back out to L.A. again and visit, it was 84F, yesterday. A little too warm for my Pantera's liking, but going out with it this weekend.
Nice to have you back in the fold.
Ted

Old 12-21-2018, 03:27 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

But you've had the Volvo S80.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Welcome home.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:23 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tberg
That's great! Congratulations. Too bad you'll be putting it away for the winter. Come back out to L.A. again and visit, it was 84F, yesterday. A little too warm for my Pantera's liking, but going out with it this weekend.
Nice to have you back in the fold.
Ted
Thanks Ted. I was thinking about you during the fires. The destruction was hard to watch. L.A. and San Diego are so beautify--beautify people, beautify cars, beautify weather, beautify geography.

The following users liked this post:
tberg (12-22-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 08:43 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

The color is Corris Grey. It will spend the the winter in my heated garage getting detailed and admired. The only major mod I'm interested in doing is converting to carbon ceramic brakes. I have a few cosmetic mods or changes I'll like to do. Otherwise, the car is well equipped and offers a lot of fun.

I thought about an AMG GT-C for a little more cash. However, the awd will come in handy in my climate to extend the driving season. I'll post some pictures when it arrives.

Last edited by DGL; 12-21-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,209 Likes on 915 Posts

Hey Glen - welcome home. You've been missed theses last 36 months. Don't be a stranger. Let us know when you come out here SoCal and maybe we can arrange a meet with TBerg. Congratulations!! And some pics please.

Old 12-22-2018, 12:05 PM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
The color is Corris Grey. It will spend the the winter in my heated garage getting detailed and admired. The only major mod I'm interested in doing is converting to carbon ceramic brakes. I have a few cosmetic mods or changes I'll like to do. Otherwise, the car is well equipped and offers a lot of fun.

I thought about an AMG GT-C for a little more cash. However, the awd will come in handy in my climate to extend the driving season. I'll post some pictures when it arrives.
May I ask why you would not get a car with CCB’s already? There is a thread on the conversion (be it not on the SVR that may already have the correct hubs) and it appears to be more costly. When I got my car with CCB’s I was flexible on colors and options because I just HAD TO HAVE THEM... ! Are you getting such a smoking deal that it can be absorbed into the savings? Just curious as I was thinking the same thing when I was shopping. Thanks

Last edited by usgpru27; 12-22-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:52 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by usgpru27

May I ask why you would not get a car with CCB’s already? There is a thread on the conversion (be it not on the SVR that may already have the correct hubs) and it appears to be more costly. When I got my car with CCB’s I was flexible on colors and options because I just HAD TO HAVE THEM... ! Are you getting such a smoking deal that it can be absorbed into the savings? Just curious as I was thinking the same thing when I was shopping. Thanks
I knew someone was going to ask this. I'm located in Canada where the market is very limited, and with my desired options there is virtually no market. I was looking for a 2018, SVR, convertible, low mileage with a few color choices and at a good price. I would also take a R 2016 or 2017 with the same options and low mileage with CCB's. I've been looking for a long time. CCB's is highly desired, but there is nothing available in Canada. I didn't want to order new and pay another $30,000 plus the CCB's added option cost. If I can source all of the parts at a reasonable cost I will do the conversion as a winter project. I believe the rear SVR knuckles can receive the ebrake calibers without changing them.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:04 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Default It's bad to be good again.

Well,the GM of the Jaguar dealership dropped a bomb on me and frustrated our agreement of Purchase and Sale. On the day of this post I made a gentleman's agreement for a set price to purchase an almost new 2018 F Type SVR, with 900kms or 500miles at a good price, $106,000cdn with the GM of the dealership. The GM was to have his sales manager call me for the deposit. No call after a week. I emailed him after a week and a sales person contacted me. The terms were agreed on and I received a BOS (Bill of Sale). However, the BOS needed to be amended so I requested it be amended and emailed back to me for signature. After another week I researched the car some more, while waiting for the amended BOS, and advised the sales manager I was still interested after my research. The car was used in the Invictus Games. Youtube has video coverage. The car sustained damage to the rear bumper from the being used on a track at the games. I enquired about it, but they new nothing about it. At first contact about the car the sales manager told me the car was driven by Prince Harry at the Invictus Games. Wow, I thought I had something special and I'm sure this was the message the sales person was trying to convey to me. My research found the car was not driven by Prince Harry, was used for hard track time by many different drivers. In one competition Prince Harry was the passenger. The Prince Harry connection now went from special to OMG that's not good. In one video the car shows the rear bumper damaged in the center and right lower end.

After considering all of the above I was not happy with the dealerships euphemistic sales pitch. However, I was still committed to the sale and put a $5,000 deposit on it subject to a skype walk around, release of all service records, and CPO inspection report which they readily had. Thursday, last week, and one day before the walk around which I indicated would be the end of my PPI and my deposit would be locked in, the GM dropped a bomb on me. He refused to release the the CPO because I wasn't interested in the extended warranty. He also refused to release the service records because the car only had 500 miles. He also blamed me for delaying the agreement (one day before completion). I was lost for words and told him in frustration to return my deposit wondering why he did this.

After letting the dust settle over night I emailed him advising him the CPO report was agreed to and service records were agreed to in the terms of our agreement and a thread of emails indicates this. The CPO would show the wear on the tires and brakes which was important to me and the service records should show a necessary oil change for a number of reasons: 1. part of the 168 point CPO inspection. 2. the car was used in the 2017 Invictus Games track challenge (over 12 months ago and 500 miles of hard break-in time). My concern was, is the car being maintained properly while owned by Jaguar Corporate and the dealership. I was still ok with this and looked forward to signing off on the PPI Friday after the skype walk around. I was dealing in good faith, but someone else wasn't.

Why did the GM drop the bomb and frustrate the agreement? I found out Saturday after I contacted the sales person to tell her I would wire the funds immediately and email the SWIFT confirmation. She told me the car was sold. The GM backed out of the deal by frustrating me to the point of not wanting to deal with him and sold the car to someone he had in waiting for a higher price.

Now I'm looking for a Jag again...or maybe an AMG GT-C. I feel let down, but there is nothing I can do because I asked for my deposit back out of frustration. Lesson learnt. When purchasing a high priced car no one can be trusted, protect yourself, and proceed with due diligence. It's bad to be good, again!

Picture shows damaged rear bumper

Last edited by DGL; 01-07-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:57 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Sadly, just removed the 2018 F Type SVR from my signature and the F map.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 889 Posts

Strewth, what a debacle.

Have you considered the F Pace SVR? Sounds wicked and will be a lot of car for the $$, my missus however has told me I under no circumstances is the F Type to go in favour of a SUV...

I'm not sure about how dealers and salemen behave there, but over here they seem to think that they are king ****, seriously they drive me nuts with their superior attitude, and then when they start with their "have to talk to the manager" routine my head nearly explodes...

Old 01-07-2019, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 556 Likes on 358 Posts

Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I had the same thing happen to me on a house where we had agreed to a sale, was told I would have escrow papers within a few days, and found someone else living in the house two weeks later. We were used as a bargaining chip to sell it at a higher price. Hopefully you'll find another soon.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Best of luck finding another car.

My Jag dealer is also very bad. We had some disagreements and I had everything documented on paper. In the end my dealer said it was a typo.
Jaguar dealers can do many things and Jaguar corporate doesn't have a lot of control over them.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

That sucks I would use that dealer again

Last edited by 4x4uk; 01-08-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts

Have you considered this "R" car? https://www.autotrader.ca/a/jaguar/f...0044278927706/

They are describing it as "new" yet the listing shows it with 1,274 KM. You may be able to haggle the price down to under $90K Cdn.

Quick Reply: It's good to be bad, again!