F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Official ... I'm part of the club !

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 07:11 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default It's Official ... I'm part of the club !

Well guys ... I'm finally in the F Type Club ! I picked up my baby today .
A few observations, they got rid of the orange paddle shifters, orange console buttons including start & stop button . These buttons are silver and silver/black color. I think it looks very nice. The gas and brake pedals are the aluminium sport pedals. I'm very happy with the sport seats. I think they are comfortable and hold you tight in the seat.
Now ... for the STEREO.
I played with the equaliser, making adjustments to my liking, including the Dolby setting and listening to the other sound quality selection buttons . I CRANKED UP the volume to determine if my car has a bad audio system. The verdict, my car speakers are NOT distorted at all ! And no rattling from the sun woofer. I was pleasantly shocked! So, I thought it's due to one of two possibilities, either JLR knows about the problem and the 2017 model year cars are being addressed and corrected at the factory when being built or I'm just very lucky and by luck my audio system somehow didn't wind up with the wrong software . As I'm driving the car home, several drivers on Route 17 were checking out the Jaguar, starring at the car. One guy driving a black Jeep Wrangler with open top, looked at me and was nice enough to give me a big thumbs up signal. I have to say, I like this car so much more than my previous car ( BMW M5 ) and I'm very happy to finally have my F Type R coupe. See the pics.
Thanks ...

The following 4 users liked this post by Ubad2:
jaguny (07-24-2016), Rogerj (07-26-2016), SinF (07-27-2016), slojotaa (07-26-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Banned
Default Music presets ....

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Well guys ... I'm finally in the F Type Club ! I picked up my baby today .
A few observations, they got rid of the orange paddle shifters, orange console buttons including start & stop button . These buttons are silver and silver/black color. I think it looks very nice. The gas and brake pedals are the aluminium sport pedals. I'm very happy with the sport seats. I think they are comfortable and hold you tight in the seat.
Now ... for the STEREO.
I played with the equaliser, making adjustments to my liking, including the Dolby setting and listening to the other sound quality selection buttons . I CRANKED UP the volume to determine if my car has a bad audio system. The verdict, my car speakers are NOT distorted at all ! And no rattling from the sun woofer. I was pleasantly shocked! So, I thought it's due to one of two possibilities, either JLR knows about the problem and the 2017 model year cars are being addressed and corrected at the factory when being built or I'm just very lucky and by luck my audio system somehow didn't wind up with the wrong software . As I'm driving the car home, several drivers on Route 17 were checking out the Jaguar, starring at the car. One guy driving a black Jeep Wrangler with open top, looked at me and was nice enough to give me a big thumbs up signal. I have to say, I like this car so much more than my previous car ( BMW M5 ) and I'm very happy to finally have my F Type R coupe. See the pics.
Thanks ...

As you can see, I set up the Sirrius radio channel buttons, which are;
New Wave music
90's Hair Metal music
Trance music
Classic Disco, Studio 54 Disco Club music.

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (07-26-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 07:58 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats Bud.. Car is sharp looking... Glad you have a good stereo system... Welcome to the club "officially".. LOL.. See you around town...=)

Old 07-23-2016, 08:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on a gorgeous car. I too was pleasantly surprised at the stereo sound, being prepared for possibly a suboptimal system after reading the forum posts, I am glad to report I am actually very happy with it. I have only had mine 4 days and already had an older man in an SLK flag me down to ask what mine was and where I got it. Makes you feel great!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:03 PM
Banned
Default Yes !

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
Congrats Bud.. Car is sharp looking... Glad you have a good stereo system... Welcome to the club "officially".. LOL.. See you around town...=)
Being a 2017 car, it had to be ordered and built.
Storm Grey color
Black pack for all the exterior trim .
Upgrade the rims to the black diamond rims
Illuminated door sills.
Black sport interior with red stitching and red color seat belts. I'm very happy it came out as a great combination.
Thank you !

amr42 (09-04-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 09:48 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Congrats!! I know you've been waiting a long time! Now you have a beautiful car. Enjoy it! Love the illuminated door sills btw. It's the smallest thing but I swear that impresses as many people as the rest of the car does.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:59 AM
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Gorgeous, great color choices.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Sharp, interior red highlights will really set off the black/gray. Congratulations and very pleased your stereo is rocking.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Banned
Default Thank you guys ....

Originally Posted by jaguny
Sharp, interior red highlights will really set off the black/gray. Congratulations and very pleased your stereo is rocking.
Again, thank you very much guys. Until I actually got the car, I utilize this message board to learn as much as possible about the F Type coupe. All of you are very knowledgeable and I want to say thanks for all your posts . Yes, I am very happy the way the car came out with the color combinations. After I picked up the car from the dealer, I drove to a local Smash Burger restaurant to get something to eat. I parked the car in a optimal parking space since I am paranoid about it being messed with or scratched by someone or a car door striking my new car. So, as I'm eating my hamberger I'm monitoring my car. Almost every person either entering or exiting from Smash Burger stopped to stare at the car with amazment ! They were checking out the car as if it were a Ferrari or Lamborghini sports car. This kinda surprised me, the amount of attention the F Type gets when out in public. Last, as you can see from the pics, the Sirrius radio channel settings kinda give away my age. For the most part, the best music is from the 80's and 90's era, in my opinion.
Cheers .... : )

Old 07-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Banned
Default Pics of my car....

Again, thank you very much guys. Until I actually got the car, I utilize this message board to learn as much as possible about the F Type coupe. All of you are very knowledgeable and I want to say thanks for all your posts . Yes, I am very happy the way the car came out with the color combinations. After I picked up the car from the dealer, I drove to a local Smash Burger restaurant to get something to eat. I parked the car in a optimal parking space since I am paranoid about it being messed with or scratched by someone or a car door striking my new car. So, as I'm eating my hamberger I'm monitoring my car. Almost every person either entering or exiting from Smash Burger stopped to stare at the car with amazment ! They were checking out the car as if it were a Ferrari or Lamborghini sports car. This kinda surprised me, the amount of attention the F Type gets when out in public. Last, as you can see from the pics, the Sirrius radio channel settings kinda give away my age. For the most part, the best music is from the 80's and 90's era, in my opinion.
Cheers .... : )

Guys,
Here are two photos of the car.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Please say that is a shop you bought from and not your own garage. Envious feeling pending ....

The darker colored cars absorbed the sills and diffuser (matching) much better than light colored cars imo. Stunning look, congrats.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:54 PM
Banned
Default Garage ....

Guys,
Here are two photos of the car.

Burt,
Your post had me laughing. No ... It's not my garage nor is it where I bought my car. It's my friends private car storage garage, which has various amazing cars, new and old, valued at, $$$$$$
So, I keep my car here. It's state of the art temperature control, dust controlled, CO2 controlled environment inside the garage.
Thank you

Old 07-26-2016, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Awesome looking car. Rt. 17, the hot spot to be :-)! See you around the patch, and again enjoy the F-Type.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Banned
Default Question slojotaa ....

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Awesome looking car. Rt. 17, the hot spot to be :-)! See you around the patch, and again enjoy the F-Type.
What's your location, state and area ? You in NJ/NY region ?

Old 07-27-2016, 08:12 AM
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice car and color choice.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that's the prestige dealership off rt17, then we both got our f type R from the same place!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Good looking car.

Quick suggestion - don't wait entire year for your first engine oil change.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait Time on Special Order

I'm over at Oradell,NJ and going to place my order in August at Prestige. How long did you wait for your car? GaryNJ

Old 07-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Banned
Default Thank you guys ....

Originally Posted by gverntz3
I'm over at Oradell,NJ and going to place my order in August at Prestige. How long did you wait for your car? GaryNJ
I appreciate the nice words. Yes, I got the car from PRESTIGE JAGUAR. If you want to deal with a Great sales rep, ask for Ron Haro. The guy is Tops !!! Tell him Robert referred you.
I ordered my car and it took approx 10 weeks for it to arrive to the dealership .

Question, for first oil change when should it be done, after how many miles in your opinion.
Thanks

Old 07-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I appreciate the nice words. Yes, I got the car from PRESTIGE JAGUAR. If you want to deal with a Great sales rep, ask for Ron Haro. The guy is Tops !!! Tell him Robert referred you.
I ordered my car and it took approx 10 weeks for it to arrive to the dealership .

Question, for first oil change when should it be done, after how many miles in your opinion.
Thanks
There's no scientific data available to support any particular answer. Jag suggests 16k miles or one year. I would, however, suggest changing it just after the initial break-in period (3-5k miles).

SinF (07-27-2016)

Quick Reply: It's Official ... I'm part of the club !