F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jag Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jag Club

Anyone members in the North American Jaguar Club? I sent them the membership inquiry nearly a month ago and not a peep from them.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

I joined through the website as an at-large member. No local chapter specified. Unfortunately I didn't join early enough to get a discount on my car.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:02 PM

Interesting. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by cptslow
Interesting. Thanks.
I joined mid-year for $30 I believe, expressly to take advantage of the $2500 instant rebate. An absolute no-brainer.
After 15 months, I saw no particular value to renew. Information is limited, and while the local chapter here in Southern California is relatively active -- holding maybe half a dozen events each year -- is was not my kind of crowd.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:06 PM

That's too bad. The Porsche Club here has a LOT going on. Was hoping Jag might have a little activity. Oh well.

And of course I missed the rebate...... sigh

Old 06-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Use the email contact on the JCNA page for "JCNA Membership" and they will get your membership information to you. I will say I was disappointed with my experience. I bought a full year membership (starting in October) and the cards that came expired at the end of the year. I inquired about that and was told I would get new cards at the beginning of the year for the rest of my "year". Never happened and the magazine subscription stopped at the end of that year as well.

Now, it may have been someone was confused on how it worked, but then I should have been prorated for the next year. It wasn't a lot of money so I didn't care about that, but it's one of the worst run clubs from an admin perspective that I've (attempted) to take part in (and I've been in BMW, Audi and a few others over the years).

Old 06-03-2016, 08:19 PM

Mahjik,

What a shame. I guess it's somewhat indicative of what the brand is trying to overcome, and i suppose a club is way down the priority list. I'm just gonna not bother. Too many bad reviews at this point.

I can honestly say that the P Club is extremely well run.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Anyone members in the North American Jaguar Club? I sent them the membership inquiry nearly a month ago and not a peep from them.
I've been a JCNA member for over 20 years. I joined through the Carolina Jaguar Club and recommend going through your local club. I've met some of the best friends I have in the JCNA and we help each other with parts, tools and knowhow, especially when I was more involved in restoring older Jaguars. I've had dozens of cars, learned a ton about working on them, shown them in concours d'elegance events, all sponsored by the JCNA. It's a hoot... you should give it a try!
Not sure why you never heard back from anyone; that's certainly not the norm. Go on to the JCNA website and find your local chapter; there will be several contacts listed. Surely someone will reply. Heck, shoot George Camp an email. He is the JCNA president and a really nice guy.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I had to wait a long time early last year to hear from them and eventually had to call to get the membership info. I too have let my membership lapse since it seems the local chapter is in disarray. I can get involved in more activities right here on the forum.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:54 AM

Thanks all. I'm going to save my money. If I were setting myself up for a rebate on a purchase I might pursue it. Doesn't sound like it's worth it otherwise.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

I've never gotten the magazine or my number. Joined through the national capital region and that part was quick but no real activity other than a monthly meeting I can never make. I was supposed to join the Susquehanna Valley Chapter but the never responded to repeated contact attempts. When I went to one of their local shows there was only one other FTYPE from Delaware (he was nice) but everybody else was only interested in the e types and I caught a very condescending attitude from several about the "new" jags not being "real jags". And that was from folks driving x types......go figure. Very off putting. JLR doesn't run the association but the only way some of these moribund chapters are ever going to improve is if they get a big influx of new car members who are passionate about doing stuff. I agree with Unhinged. This forum has been far more fun and active. Perhaps it's time for the old "chapter" method to give way to the new "e-chapter" method this site provides.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
I've never gotten the magazine or my number. Joined through the national capital region and that part was quick but no real activity other than a monthly meeting I can never make. I was supposed to join the Susquehanna Valley Chapter but the never responded to repeated contact attempts. When I went to one of their local shows there was only one other FTYPE from Delaware (he was nice) but everybody else was only interested in the e types and I caught a very condescending attitude from several about the "new" jags not being "real jags". And that was from folks driving x types......go figure. Very off putting. JLR doesn't run the association but the only way some of these moribund chapters are ever going to improve is if they get a big influx of new car members who are passionate about doing stuff. I agree with Unhinged. This forum has been far more fun and active. Perhaps it's time for the old "chapter" method to give way to the new "e-chapter" method this site provides.
+1. I think we are proving that the e-chapter business model is quite viable.