Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar 24-Hour Roadside Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts
Default Jaguar 24-Hour Roadside Assistance

It might sound lame (on my part) but early in the drive to work this morning - 30 miles - my left rear tire displayed a low pressure indicator (31 instead of 36) and while I intended to stop off to top off, I just never had the chance.

I made it back home easily enough without any problems and decided to give the roadside assistance program a try.

20 minutes after my call a tow truck showed up with a pleasant fellow - naturally wowed by the car - who cleanly and professionally pumped exactly 5psi in the rear and I promptly gave him a fin to buy himself a beer (that's the idea anyway).

I received an automated call from Jaguar asking "if my issue was resolved and how long ago did the driver arrive". That was followed, minutes ago, by an actual person asking me if it was resolved and to my satisfaction.

Indeed it was Jaguar, indeed it was. Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
BierNut (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
It might sound lame (on my part) but early in the drive to work this morning - 30 miles - my left rear tire displayed a low pressure indicator (31 instead of 36) and while I intended to stop off to top off, I just never had the chance.

I made it back home easily enough without any problems and decided to give the roadside assistance program a try.

20 minutes after my call a tow truck showed up with a pleasant fellow - naturally wowed by the car - who cleanly and professionally pumped exactly 5psi in the rear and I promptly gave him a fin to buy himself a beer (that's the idea anyway).

I received an automated call from Jaguar asking "if my issue was resolved and how long ago did the driver arrive". That was followed, minutes ago, by an actual person asking me if it was resolved and to my satisfaction.

Indeed it was Jaguar, indeed it was. Thanks!
Great experience and good to hear but just curious...you have air at your home or were you just testing their service?

Either way, good to hear they were on the ball.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Great experience and good to hear but just curious...you have air at your home or were you just testing their service?

Either way, good to hear they were on the ball.
Quick answer buick is no and yes. I used to have a portable air pump (from one of my NSX's) but don't know where it is. And while I have several places where I could have rather easily stopped by to or from work for air I just didn't find the time to do it. I also have AAA but, as you suggest, I thought I would give Jaguar roadside assistance a shot/test. It couldn't have been a simpler task but I'm happy to report this simple "fix" went off without a hitch.

buickfunnycar.com (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 11:43 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Quick answer buick is no and yes. I used to have a portable air pump (from one of my NSX's) but don't know where it is. And while I have several places where I could have rather easily stopped by to or from work for air I just didn't find the time to do it. I also have AAA but, as you suggest, I thought I would give Jaguar roadside assistance a shot/test. It couldn't have been a simpler task but I'm happy to report this simple "fix" went off without a hitch.
Couldn't you just have used the air pump that came with the car? The one that is used with the fix-a-flat - just don't attach the canister.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by another_geek
Couldn't you just have used the air pump that came with the car? The one that is used with the fix-a-flat - just don't attach the canister.
Good question - and I'm gonna show my ignorance here - and when I previously had the low pressure indicator light up a month or so ago, on the same tire, I did "explore" using that [air pump]. I recall noticing that a piece of the pump - which was illustrated on the pump itself - was missing. I then seem to recall even calling a service tech at the dealership but I do not recall what transpired afterwards. I guess I quickly dropped it (using the pump) and stopped off at a local tire shop to top off the tire in question. I think I will revisit that pump now that you mention it. I'm not a complete idiot (only half of one) - and quite capable in many regards - but think what happened was I was pressed for time and took the most convenient route at that time.

Thanks for the reminder.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 406 Posts

If you had the same tire twice, I'm betting you picked up a nail. You might want to have it checked out when convenient. Been there; done that.

Meanwhile, I've used the little pump that came with the car -- not actually on the Jag, but on the wife's Lexus when we were away from home at the beach. Worked fine and even has a integrated pressure gauge. I don't recall there being any pieces that could be missing, both hose and power cord are permanently attached.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by uncheel
If you had the same tire twice, I'm betting you picked up a nail. You might want to have it checked out when convenient. Been there; done that.

Meanwhile, I've used the little pump that came with the car -- not actually on the Jag, but on the wife's Lexus when we were away from home at the beach. Worked fine and even has a integrated pressure gauge. I don't recall there being any pieces that could be missing, both hose and power cord are permanently attached.
Makes sense, good idea, and I think we've all been there at some point or another. Will check first chance I get. (Curious though that the first time I got the low pressure indicator was probably over a month ago and I've since driven many many (including spirited) miles. You would think a nail - and a slow leak - would have shown signs of that long before?

[re] the pump. I remember taking it out and while it's certainly not rocket science I think I glanced at the diagram on the pump itself (although it might have been the case it came in) and it appeared that it was missing some sort of canister? I was pressed for time that day and took the path of least resistance; stopping in a local, trusted, tire shop.

Thank you for the reply.

Best regards,
Jay

Old 09-16-2015, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Makes sense, good idea, and I think we've all been there at some point or another. Will check first chance I get. (Curious though that the first time I got the low pressure indicator was probably over a month ago and I've since driven many many (including spirited) miles. You would think a nail - and a slow leak - would have shown signs of that long before?

[re] the pump. I remember taking it out and while it's certainly not rocket science I think I glanced at the diagram on the pump itself (although it might have been the case it came in) and it appeared that it was missing some sort of canister? I was pressed for time that day and took the path of least resistance; stopping in a local, trusted, tire shop.

Thank you for the reply.

Best regards,
Jay
Jay, those are exactly the signs of a nail that may have just barely punctured the interior cord, or even more likely, a loose or bad valve stem. You should not be losing 5 psi/month unless the temps drop from 80ºF to below 30ºF during that period.

You can buy a valve stem tool for less than $10 at a car parts store, which is like a small screwdriver that fits over the stem, and allows you to tighten it. That's probably the number #1 cause of slow leaks.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-16-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Jay, those are exactly the signs of a nail that may have just barely punctured the interior cord, or even more likely, a loose or bad valve stem. You should not be losing 5 psi/month unless the temps drop from 80ºF to below 30ºF during that period.

You can buy a valve stem tool for less than $10 at a car parts store,v which is like a small screwdriver that fits over the stem, and allows you to tighten it. That's probably the number #1 cause of slow leaks.
Good morning Clay. You know I live in Maine, where the saying goes, '"if you don't like the weather, wait a few hours".

My Audi A8L had a value stem issue just last month and your suggestion is, as usual, a good one. Will check it out with thanks.

Best regards,
Jay

Old 09-16-2015, 09:59 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,110 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Hi Jay,
The canister is used if you're trying to repair a flat. It contains the gooey stuff, should be part of the kit. Or do you have a spare, in which case maybe you didn't get the canister.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
Hi Jay,
The canister is used if you're trying to repair a flat. It contains the gooey stuff, should be part of the kit. Or do you have a spare, in which case maybe you didn't get the canister.
Spare tires are for wimps Dave! Just kidding. The only spare tire I have is the one around my waist, but my wife tells me she loves it/that/me anyway. Thanks for your note and that makes sense [re] repairing a flat!. That must be it.

Best regards,
Jay

F-TypeRookie (09-19-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 10:51 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,110 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Well, yeah, that other spare tire is already full of gooey stuff, so you don't need the canister for that.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Jay,
That missing canister should be under the battery panel (boot floor) just in front of the battery. Leave the plastic cap on the compressor where the canister screws in to use the compressor without injecting gooey stuff.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Jay,
That missing canister should be under the battery panel (boot floor) just in front of the battery. Leave the plastic cap on the compressor where the canister screws in to use the compressor without injecting gooey stuff.
Why am I reminded of the classic line spoken by Joe Pesci (to Marisa Tomei) in the classic movie My Cousin Vinny when he said, "are you sure?"

Will check that out first thing in the morning buddy and report back.

Thanks!
Jay

P.S. What's a yute?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Why am I reminded of the classic line spoken by Joe Pesci (to Marisa Tomei) in the classic movie My Cousin Vinny when he said, "are you sure?"

Will check that out first thing in the morning buddy and report back.

Thanks!
Jay

P.S. What's a yute?
Loved that flick.

Vinny Gambini:
Your Honor, may I have permission to treat Ms. Vito as a hostile witness?

Mona Lisa Vito:
You think I'm hostile now, wait 'til you see me tonight.

Last edited by Unhingd; 09-16-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:21 AM
luc
Received 195 Likes on 136 Posts

Jaguar heaven in Stockton california. Jaguar only junkyard

Old 09-20-2021, 04:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way you can also use any third party truck tow service in Covington for your jaguar. They are also reliable to use and i think they less as compared to others.