Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Advisory Board

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 05:56 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
..... what do you use your car for when you're not using it for driving? .....
I just sit and depreciate it.

Graham

Old 12-07-2019, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
I just sit and depreciate it.

Graham
This is a great question: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...4/#post2163742

The following users liked this post:
scm (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 01:50 PM
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
That's why I thought this thread came up on the forum recently.

I have answered many of their queries, and I believe that some of our responses have actually saved them wondering through the woods further looking for the forest. The overwhelming negative response by respondents to their ideas about making the InControl system a business center seemed to have influenced them to drop those thoughts and let the cars communicate more freely with our cell phones. The cell software people are always going to do better at making those apps than a car company.

That being said, some of the new questions like "How does your car enhance your fitness and wellbeing?" and "How much time do you spend sitting in your car when not driving it?" make it seem like someone is having a bad recreational drug experience (either that or I am really losing touch with the younger generation).

Old 12-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by rbsj
That's why I thought this thread came up on the forum recently.

I have answered many of their queries, and I believe that some of our responses have actually saved them wondering through the woods further looking for the forest. The overwhelming negative response by respondents to their ideas about making the InControl system a business center seemed to have influenced them to drop those thoughts and let the cars communicate more freely with our cell phones. The cell software people are always going to do better at making those apps than a car company.

That being said, some of the new questions like "How does your car enhance your fitness and wellbeing?" and "How much time do you spend sitting in your car when not driving it?" make it seem like someone is having a bad recreational drug experience (either that or I am really losing touch with the younger generation).
Thanks for posting. I've been pushing to drop the infotainment system completely and incorporate the back-up camera in the rear view mirror ($50 bucks on Amazon). The trend of making cars exciting to the next gen by making them into a new phone is dumb. It's a sports car. Get rid of everything that doesn't lighten the car. If it has the ability to run a fitness app then someone needs to get fired. How hard is it to understand that weight and cost is the enemy?

Last edited by RacerX; 12-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:23 PM
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
Thanks for posting. I've been pushing to drop the infotainment system completely and incorporate the back-up camera in the rear view mirror ($50 bucks on Amazon). The trend of making cars exciting to the next gen by making them into a new phone is dumb. It's a sports car. Get rid of everything that doesn't lighten the car. If it has the ability to run a fitness app then someone needs to get fired. How hard is it to understand that weight and cost is the enemy?
Couldn't agree more. BTW, since the original owner of my car didn't get the vision pack I don't have a backup camera (the subject of another concurrent post). Personally, I have been driving small cars with fairly poor visability for years, so I'm OK with being particularly cautious when changing lanes. I would like a backup camera though and your post has caused me to initiate a new thread.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:34 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

agree, the whole thing has turned into some flowery rubbish thats no doubt thought up by a millenials brainstorming group. waste of time now

Old 12-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Wished they actually asked us what would we really like to have to make Jaguar & F types better, to increase our driving experience, ownership experience, to sell more cars, or to retain owners, as to be more competitive with Corvette, AMG, etc...
Otherwise, I'm going back to my 3rd Vette after this warranty expires.