Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jaguar aps

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default jaguar aps

Ok I use NONE of them.

The in control lock/startup ap scares me constantly. I turned the apt on in the office today and it told me my trunk was open and doors weren't locked. I then tried to lock and it told me of communication error. 5 minutes later it indicated the car was locked and armed. Tried climate start to warm it up before leaving and took five or six tries with communication error before I gave up. This has happened in different environments before. It has worked in this exact scenario before just seems random functionality and ergo useless

Old 01-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, that's pretty much my feeling with "Remote" as well. It's too flaky to be taken seriously.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

9 out of 10 times it works just fine for me. I do occasionally get the "Unlocked" message, but restarting the app seems to update the status properly.

Old 01-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Love the music app in Incontrol. Shows album artwork and is searchable.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

I tried out the remote climate /start last night when we got out of the movies. Fired it up when credits rolled and by the time we got in the car it was nice and warm. Too bad the seat heaters don't fire up (although they get warm in no time).

Old 01-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by plmmd
Ok I use NONE of them.

The in control lock/startup ap scares me constantly. I turned the apt on in the office today and it told me my trunk was open and doors weren't locked. I then tried to lock and it told me of communication error. 5 minutes later it indicated the car was locked and armed. Tried climate start to warm it up before leaving and took five or six tries with communication error before I gave up. This has happened in different environments before. It has worked in this exact scenario before just seems random functionality and ergo useless
I have given up on the remote app for the same reasons. Worthless. By the time I get the car started 15 min after firing up the app and waiting for the network connection, I'm walking out the door. This is the same story whether I'm connected to WiFi, or using cellular data and is location independent.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:06 AM
Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Same here........

My 2014 Jeep Cherokee provided a free year of the UConnect app for remote controls. It also took 3 - 10 minutes for the command to be executed and confirmed back to the smartphone. It did come in handy for pre-cooling in our desert summer. However, I gave it up after the free trial period expired because the cost wasn't worth it given the performance and the few times I used it.

Desert Hiker

Old 01-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

You need to check when the vehicle was last contacted. It says it at the bottom. If it was an hour ago, it might not reflect the current state.