F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar branded Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 01:17 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Jaguar branded Extended Warranty

I know there are other threads discussing extended warranties, but I thought I would post this brochure on the forum to see what folks think about this Jaguar branded extended warranty.

I'm working on getting a price for the two different coverage options.

Old 07-17-2020, 06:48 PM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

I called Jaguar North America in May and again in June and both times they told me there was no Jaguar extended warranties, only third party warranties offered through dealers and that each dealer picked what company they choose to sell.
i called my local dealer and a couple out of state dealers and they all sold different policies.
My warranty expired June 30th, I am going to be pissed if Jaguar really does offer a factory extended warranty

Old 07-17-2020, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by madmax1911
I am going to be pissed if Jaguar really does offer a factory extended warranty
You got me thinking about that too -- so I did a Google search of the toll free number on the brochure. Looks like this is NOT a factory extended warranty after all -- notwithstanding the way it seems to be advertised in the brochure. The provider seems to be one that specializes in dealer direct OEM warranties.

https://www.lgm.ca/

It isn't clear to me from their website how exactly they operate other than the fact that it seems from their "contact us" page that they do have arrangements/warranties with most of the big brands. Keep in mind this is all Canadian -- so I'm not sure if there's an equivalent provider in the US.

I'm not as excited about this option now that I see that it is administered by a third party. It's also worth noting that the cost seems excessive too. I was provided with multiple quotes based on various deductibles but it seems like to get even a 2 year warranty (which in my case would only take me 1 year beyond the factory) is going to cost about $3,500 CAD. Seems excessive for only 1 year of "extra" warranty.

I have to think that for most of us, the time will expire before hitting the mileage cap -- so, maybe that's why this just doesn't make financial sense.

Old 07-18-2020, 05:29 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

In the UK the "official" Jaguar extended warranty is underwritten by "Motors Insurance Company Ltd", and Jaguar Assistance by "Acromas Insurance". The booklet also says that Jaguar Approved Warranty Administration is a trading style of Car Care Plan Limited. The extension was offered to me from Jaguar, not a dealer.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:56 AM
Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts

Who underwrites this in the USA?

Old 07-18-2020, 07:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004XJ8
Who underwrites this in the USA?
I don't believe JNA endorses an extended warranty product. As stated before, the individual dealers partner with the extended warranty company of their choice.

Old 07-23-2020, 01:19 PM
Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

I was offered the same plan by my dealership. For 3 years and a $100 deductible, genuine Jaguar parts and honored in all Jaguar dealerships in North America would be around $5000 CAD
The quote was for the prestige plan listed above.
I made them check if indeed this would be valid in the US and they came back with a yes.
They did tell me from the start that this plan was underwritten by an insurance company.

Old 07-23-2020, 02:59 PM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

You need to read the fine print. This is for Jaguar CANADA ONLY. It is also not from Jaguar but from LGM Financial services.

Jaguars name and logo are being used under license.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:28 PM
Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by zach05855
You need to read the fine print. This is for Jaguar CANADA ONLY. It is also not from Jaguar but from LGM Financial services.

Jaguars name and logo are being used under license.
It may very well only be sold in Canada, but the coverage is for both Canada and the continental US. As written in the fine print
I'm not saying it's good value or trying to push it, it's just something I'm considering like the original poster. Haven't made up my mind yet.

The following users liked this post:
bb_sam (07-23-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 08:13 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you considering an extended warranty based on your history with the car or out of fear it will break down ?

Judging by this forum does the F Type warrant needing an extended warranty especially with so many of us driving this car very few kms per year.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Phantomf4collector
Are you considering an extended warranty based on your history with the car or out of fear it will break down ?

Judging by this forum does the F Type warrant needing an extended warranty especially with so many of us driving this car very few kms per year.
You raise a very good point -- and likely the reason I'm still leaning toward not getting the warranty. I started to look at it out of fear of the unknown issue that may come up -- and knowing that any repair on the F-type is likely going to be costly. Having said this, my experience with my current MY18 and a previous MY16 that I've owned, has not be bad in terms issues. And, even when I had issues (ie the MY16 clutch problems), they arose early enough in my ownership of the vehicle that they were fixed under the original warranty.

There are cases where people have had a "bad apple" and their F-type had more issues than I've seen -- however, I get the sense that those were anomalies. Generally speaking, my experience with the F-type(s) I've owned has been positive. This is why I'm struggle to justify the need for an extended warranty even though there is something reassuring about having the peace of mind of that 'insurance'.

The following users liked this post:
Phantomf4collector (07-26-2020)