F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar doesn't stand behind its warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 05:50 PM
Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by John Jakuszewski
Jaguar void my warranty on a fully warranted CPO F-Type when the engine failed with only 5000 miles after purchase the car was in storage for winter and when I purchased the car November of 2016 went into storage drove the car for 4 months during the summer went into storage for the winter when I remove the car out of storage it was just past the one-year oil change date so they voided it every Jaguar owner should know that they should remove the car from storage and change the oil in the middle of the winter or voids the warranty now I'm looking at a $50,000 engine replacement what kind of up company is is Jaguar
That sounds fishy.... we're missing something here. BTW, punctuation makes it much easier to read and follow your point.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by John Jakuszewski
Jaguar void my warranty on a fully warranted CPO F-Type when the engine failed with only 5000 miles after purchase the car was in storage
for winter and when I purchased the car November of 2016 went into storage drove the car for 4 months during the summer went into storage for the winter when I remove the car
out of storage it was just past the one-year oil change date so they voided it every Jaguar owner should know that they should remove the car from storage and change the oil in the
middle of the winter or voids the warranty now I'm looking at a $50,000 engine replacement what kind of up company is is Jaguar
Just replace the oil and filter BEFORE putting it in storage for a long period, in particular in autumn. What happens is that chemical residues build up and collect in the oil, like sulphur and burned oil.
In autumn/winter you get condensation in the air in the engine, this creates an aquous ambiance for these substances, to turn in to acids. This eats into the metal, and very fine settled residues
[ takes weaks to months to settle ], will be launched when you fire up the engine, magnified by the 'raised stationary' gimmick. Thes can clog small channels instantly and cause engine failure.

So as much as its not required to replace oil & filter after running in period, it is to change these before 'cold storage'. My LR3 has been stored every year from march to juli and august to october ,
[ so warm periods only ] in the Algarve [ South Portugal ], never had any problem. Only a broken alternator, which as nothing to do with oil and was a result of 'old age'...

Last edited by Dan_NL; 05-30-2018 at 07:06 PM. Reason: aline text