Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 08:51 PM
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 03-11-2024, 09:19 PM
Received 442 Likes on 237 Posts
Old 03-11-2024, 09:23 PM
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump

I read this as not going to EV like the other thread but shutting down the entire company?

Old 03-11-2024, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

I said the same (TATA will sell Jaguar to the Chinese) many months ago and repeated it here just on a month ago: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...2/#post2719744

Old 03-12-2024, 01:13 AM
Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

I feel like I’m missing something here? That could be case so I apologize in advance if I am, but what are we talking about here? Is there anything here that is new news?

Old 03-12-2024, 01:21 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DMeister
I feel like I’m missing something here? That could be case so I apologize in advance if I am, but what are we talking about here? Is there anything here that is new news?
Yes, you are missing that per the X post copied below we now have possible confirmation, for the first time, that TATA is looking to sell Jaguar to the Chinese.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Yes, you are missing that per the X post copied below we now have possible confirmation, for the first time, that TATA is looking to sell Jaguar to the Chinese.

I mean, I wouldn’t call this confirmation of anything. “News reports suggest” and “My guess is” is not exactly confirmstion language. Sounds like another version of the rumours to me.

The following users liked this post:
spegor (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 01:46 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DMeister
I mean, I wouldn’t call this confirmation of anything. “News reports suggest” and “My guess is” is not exactly confirmstion language. Sounds like another version of the rumours to me.
I did say possible confirmation, and the text is supposedly a direct copy of an email from a staff member at a JLR dealership which gives it some credence I reckon.
Even if it's just hearsay and rumour mongering at the moment I'm still sticking by my prediction from some four or five months ago - some time in the next five to ten years and maybe sooner TATA will split Jaguar off from JLR and sell it, most likely to a Chinese buyer.

Old 03-12-2024, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,602 Likes on 861 Posts

I did say possible confirmation, and the text is supposedly a direct copy of an email from a staff member at a JLR dealership which gives it some credence I reckon.
Even if it's just hearsay and rumour mongering at the moment I'm still sticking by my prediction from some four or five months ago - some time in the next five to ten years and maybe sooner TATA will split Jaguar off from JLR and sell it, most likely to a Chinese buyer.
What if every F-Type forum member chipped in and we buy it?

Old 03-12-2024, 09:19 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,462 Likes on 1,107 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
What if every F-Type forum member chipped in and we buy it?
We'd need to find some decent management for it .....

Old 03-12-2024, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,602 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
We'd need to find some decent management for it .....
You’ve always been the voice of reason (with excellent command of the English language)—along with many other forum members—but I nominate @GGG to head the operation***. Who will second me?

***On second thought, he’s too smart to want to.

I’d add that it’s a sad state of affairs at Jaguar but I kinda recognized that a long time ago.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 03-12-2024 at 02:25 PM.
Ichi Ban (04-03-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 11:50 AM
Received 198 Likes on 123 Posts

There's a good chance you're going to have to try very hard to recognize anything ten years from now.

When this Ponzi scheme financial system finally gives way, re-introducing real money is going to re-define EVERYTHING.

Ichi Ban (04-03-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 11:57 AM

Fair enough. Your predictions wouldn’t surprise me either.

Old 03-12-2024, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 595 Likes on 404 Posts

That letter smacks of a disgruntled person whose Jaguar business got pulled out from under them. It doesn't mean they know anything about the future of Jaguar, and are probably not in any position to know.

Personally, I DO worry about the brand's future. We can only hope OzXFR's prediction comes true. If the Indians can't sell it to the Chinese, I don't see how the transition plan ends well. Whether it hangs in with a new owner, TBD. Jaguar carries a premium perception - but also a troubled one. Anything from China is going to face headwinds in the non-Chinese markets. And, there's a lot of competition queued up from other brands (who are already suffering from the slowing adoption of EV's). Sad.

Old 03-12-2024, 07:45 PM
Received 246 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
You’ve always been the voice of reason (with excellent command of the English language)—along with many other forum members—but I nominate @GGG to head the operation***. Who will second me?

***On second thought, he’s too smart to want to.

I’d add that it’s a sad state of affairs at Jaguar but I kinda recognized that a long time ago.
Wait....Wait... Pick me ! I'm not too smart.....

Can I have my five year salary up front with some sort of golden parachute clause in case I get fired?

Ichi Ban (04-03-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,734 Likes on 8,341 Posts

If Tata does spin off Jaguar to China, it would be an open invitation for the Communist China Party (CCP) to install spy devises in all Autos especially those sold in this country.
I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but it's a very real possibility. They don't like us and can very easily do us harm that way.

Old 03-12-2024, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeIII
Wait....Wait... Pick me ! I'm not too smart.....

Can I have my five year salary up front with some sort of golden parachute clause in case I get fired?
I thought you said you weren't smart.

Old 03-12-2024, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jayt2
If Tata does spin off Jaguar to China, it would be an open invitation for the Communist China Party (CCP) to install spy devises in all Autos especially those sold in this country.
I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but it's a very real possibility. They don't like us and can very easily do us harm that way.
You mean, like G.M., Honda, Kia and Hyundai do? The only difference would be, they'd use the data themselves, rather than sell it to the insurance companies.

Automakers Are Sharing Consumer Information

"
Driving habits isn’t the only data that can be collected and shared by automakers. Last year, a report by Mozilla made headlines last year where it revealed a 17-page list of the type of information that cars can collect from users through its features. The list starts off normal but gets more disturbing toward the end when it is revealed that cars can collect information such as; facial geometric features, behavioral characteristics, biological characteristics, sex life or sexual orientation information, sexual activity, genetic data, religion or creed, philosophical beliefs, etc."

Of course, they may get more information on the sex stuff if you have a back seat.

The following 2 users liked this post by uncheel:
16fnrbrg (03-21-2024), Therock88 (03-15-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Received 198 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by uncheel
We can only hope OzXFR's prediction comes true. If the Indians can't sell it to the Chinese, I don't see how the transition plan ends well. Whether it hangs in with a new owner, TBD. Jaguar carries a premium perception - but also a troubled one. Anything from China is going to face headwinds in the non-Chinese markets. And, there's a lot of competition queued up from other brands (who are already suffering from the slowing adoption of EV's). Sad.
China is facing so many different issues right now that attempting to bail-out Jaguar is probably 2,345th on their list of things that need to be done.

If Jaguar can't figure it out, they should fail.

Old 03-14-2024, 03:42 PM
Received 198 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Watch this video.....

This video ties in with this thread.

Quick Reply: Jaguar Done?