Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Drive w/ British Motor Car June 13

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
Just finished the CF mods (well all but the mirror caps, which were delayed and will probably come in tomorrow after I get back.) Car is washed and ready for its play date.
nice! my car will probably be the dirtiest, but I did just finish giving the puppy a bath so at least she'll be clean

Old 06-13-2015, 12:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Washed mine today, but man the clearances on the front tires are so tight I can't get my sorry excuse for a wheel brush in there very well. And it only barely fit in the rears.

I gotta get a set of Wheel Woolies.

Looking forward to seeing everybody tomorrow!

Old 06-13-2015, 12:37 AM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Will certainly be eyeing your c/f trim,looking forward to seeing it.
Cool. I didn't have the chance to do the rear diffuser/valance, and decided against doing the front grill bar in CF, but the rest is done.

I'll be going back in the next couple of weeks get a clear bra added and do the valance. At some point I'll also get the side windows tinted probably.

I polished the inside of my windshield so I do believe I am ready,lol...
Polishing the inside of your windshield? Never heard of that.

If I'm lucky,I should put close to 350 miles on it this wknd....possibly more.
I'm hoping to get 100 more at least. I'm only at 220 so far, I need to get to 500 so I can take it over 4000 rpm!

Old 06-13-2015, 01:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Have fun!

And I am looking forward to some (or lots of) pics

Old 06-13-2015, 07:40 AM
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn, wish I could make this especially since my day just opened up last minute. If there's any room for another, let me know!

Drive safely!

Old 06-13-2015, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by elude
Damn, wish I could make this especially since my day just opened up last minute. If there's any room for another, let me know!

Drive safely!
I'm sure there is. I won't be eating breakfast (walking the puppy) so you can take my "spot". The drive itself there's really no limit since we're just driving.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member

Actually I just checked my email, as of Thurs there was 2 spots left so I'm sure we can accommodate you and a guest.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:17 AM
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
Actually I just checked my email, as of Thurs there was 2 spots left so I'm sure we can accommodate you and a guest.
Shift, can you PM me the details? I gotta see if I can convince my "guest" to come...

Old 06-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Yeah,join in on the fun too...getting ready to pull outta here in about 30 minutes,drive safely and see everyone there.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member

sent...just show up at Alice's at 9:45, tell them you want your free breakfast

The following users liked this post:
elude (06-13-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 03:17 PM

Hey folks,

Just got back from the drive. I had a lot of fun. Was great meeting those of you who were able to show up!

I forgot that I had business cards for the company that did my CF wrap work, so if anyone is looking for that, and you're close to San Carlos (or close enough to make it worth a drive) let me know and I'll PM you their details. They do great work and they're inexpensive too. They'll pretty much do anything you want, from clear bra's to full wraps.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Merlin
Hey folks,

Just got back from the drive. I had a lot of fun. Was great meeting those of you who were able to show up!

I forgot that I had business cards for the company that did my CF wrap work, so if anyone is looking for that, and you're close to San Carlos (or close enough to make it worth a drive) let me know and I'll PM you their details. They do great work and they're inexpensive too. They'll pretty much do anything you want, from clear bra's to full wraps.
Yes,your car looked very sharp and the cost was super reasonable...about how long did it take them to apply all that?

Well back from a great drive,we had 12 F-Types so in our 3 west coast runs,we are averaging just over 12 cars per event...pretty damn good turnout,thanks guys!

A big thanks and shout out to Lindsay and BMCD for hosting this event,what a great idea...would love to see something end up in the Monterey area and I will certainly scout out a route and someplace cool for lunch.

Here's a couple of pictures,thanks again guys,great to see everyone again...no BRG but we had black and white covered,lol!

Old 06-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member

Hope everybody had a good time. Thanks again Lindsay, Bill and BMCD for hosting. Hope to do it again soon. Maybe invite the XK guys next time Sorry no video this time, didn't have time to charge/prep. But I did get this pretty cool panoramic photo:

BMCD posted a lot of photos on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2155459&type=3

Drop by and "Like"
And thanks everybody who petted Cassie for helping me socialize her!

Old 06-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member

Cassie is so cute,so sorry to hear about her little accident,hope she heals 100% as new.

Yes,lots of great pictures posted by Lindsay...lots!

Old 06-13-2015, 09:39 PM

Yes,your car looked very sharp and the cost was super reasonable...about how long did it take them to apply all that?
Thanks. It took a week to schedule, and about 5 hours to do the work, including breaking for lunch. That was with 2 guys for the first three hours and 3 guys for the last two. I hung out since I didn't have alternate transportation so I watched and chatted with the guys while it was being done.

I'll be going back for the Xpel and rear valance.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:23 PM
Veteran Member

really like the wrap Merlin. What I need are the wheels + springs from elude's car and your wrap and I'll be golden! what shop did you end up using?

Old 06-14-2015, 12:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It was great meeting everybody today, and getting to share a fun breakfast and ride with so many cool fellow Jag owners.

Thanks Lindsay and BMCD for organizing! Will definitely attend future events.

I definitely felt like "odd man out" having the only Jag with a front license plate. I swear it was already on there when I bought the car! But I think it's gotta go and put a couple Bumper Plugs in the holes.

Looking forward to seeing folks the next time. Until then, safe (and fun!) driving!

Old 06-14-2015, 01:06 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LoneAspen
It was great meeting everybody today, and getting to share a fun breakfast and ride with so many cool fellow Jag owners.

Thanks Lindsay and BMCD for organizing! Will definitely attend future events.

I definitely felt like "odd man out" having the only Jag with a front license plate. I swear it was already on there when I bought the car! But I think it's gotta go and put a couple Bumper Plugs in the holes.

Looking forward to seeing folks the next time. Until then, safe (and fun!) driving!
only time you have to worry about the front plate thing is parking in San Francisco (meter maids, $10 fix-it-ticket). otherwise CA cops/CHP don't really care.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LoneAspen
I definitely felt like "odd man out" having the only Jag with a front license plate. I swear it was already on there when I bought the car! But I think it's gotta go and put a couple Bumper Plugs in the holes...
I actually didn't notice it until Jay pointed it out...yes I agree,get that thing off.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks to Lindsay and Bill from BMCD for helping make this another excellent drive! Very nice to see some familiar faces again and meet some new F-Type owners as well. Great fun, great people, good time!

Quick Reply: Jaguar Drive w/ British Motor Car June 13