F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Drive w/ British Motor Car June 13

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

[QUOTE=LoneAspen;1247056]. I definitely felt like "odd man out" having the only Jag with a front license plate. I swear it was already on there when I bought the car! But I think it's gotta go and put a couple Bumper Plugs in the holes. QUOTE]

Don’t feel bad, I thought some of us may have been sorry we didn’t have our front plates when the Sheriff deputy joined our procession. While I fully understand why some people have it and I have debated over and over whether to mount mine, it does break the beautiful lines of the car in my opinion. I really liked the IRR red on your car a lot.

I felt like odd man out with Merlin because we were the only ones with convertibles…what’s up with that? I thought his 2016 white R convertible looked great. I absolutely love the coupes and there were some color combinations I have not seen in person before. Elude’s HRE wheels and drop looked stunning!

Old 06-14-2015, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Well speaking about front license plates...

Beautiful '53 Nash Healy with body by Pininfarina:

My buddy Bruce brought out his '13 Aston:

The guy who owns this '67 E-Type has owned it since '73 and it ran great,no oil burning:

...I head out to drive with the Santa Cruz British Motors Club to the Gilroy Gardens and get about 1/2 mile from my house and a young pup fresh out of the CHP academy follows me and pulls me over for no front plate and of course...tinted front windows. I kinda knew the day would come with the tint so no surprises there but the plate is kinda a hassle.

I've decided I'll get some small L-angle brackets from my local hardware store and attach them on the underside of the center beam so when I remove them,you won't see any attachment holes...that should be a good,quick fix.

After that excitement,we took a nice back roads tour with at least 21 other British cars,mainly older Jags,MG's,TR6's and the like.We had a Miata chase car to pick up the stranglers and we lost at least one Jag fixed-head Coupe to Lucas,the Price of Darkness...guess it's kinda expected with an old British car run,lol.

Put a grand total of 324 glorious miles on the car this weekend,taking it from 2288 all the way to 2612...Woo Hoo!

The following users liked this post:
jmfan (06-15-2015)
Old 06-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
We had a Miata chase car to pick up the stranglers ....
I've always founds it best to steer clear of those folks and to leave them well enough alone.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jmfan
I felt like odd man out with Merlin because we were the only ones with convertibles…what’s up with that? I thought his 2016 white R convertible looked great.
Yeah, I also thought it was odd that out of all those cars only two were cabrio's. The weather here is ideal for year round driving with the top down too. I suspect there are more in SoCal though.

Originally Posted by jmfan
Elude’s HRE wheels and drop looked stunning!
Those wheels were very nice. I also liked the look with the drop. I think my car would also look nicer with a drop, particularly since its a bit taller due to AWD, but I scrape enough already... I wouldn't make it up my driveway if it were any lower.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by shift
really like the wrap Merlin. What I need are the wheels + springs from elude's car and your wrap and I'll be golden! what shop did you end up using?
I went with a place called Vinyl Styles in San Carlos. If you want their contact info let me know.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Cool, I'll check them out.

Thinking about the next drive...I wouldn't mind a longer drive w/ more stops since the last 3 have all been relatively short. Something like this:

- meet at a Cars and Coffee, check out other cars (either SF or San Jose C&C)
- drive down to Santa Cruz for lunch
- drive down to Carmel-by-the-Sea/Pebble/Monterey for early, light dinner/snacks/drink

People can then stay the night if want to make it a little weekend getaway. Or some might choose to head home after Santa Cruz lunch. Probably won't get as big a turn-out since it's an all day/weekend commitment...but it would be nice to make it a longer event. Thoughts?

Old 06-14-2015, 10:10 PM

Thinking about the next drive...I wouldn't mind a longer drive w/ more stops since the last 3 have all been relatively short. Something like this:

- meet at a Cars and Coffee, check out other cars (either SF or San Jose C&C)
- drive down to Santa Cruz for lunch
- drive down to Carmel-by-the-Sea/Pebble/Monterey for early, light dinner/snacks/drink

People can then stay the night if want to make it a little weekend getaway. Or some might choose to head home after Santa Cruz lunch. Probably won't get as big a turn-out since it's an all day/weekend commitment...but it would be nice to make it a longer event. Thoughts?
I wouldn't mind a longer drive and/or more socializing, though I'm not sure that I'd be able to commit to an all-day event unless it is on a Sunday, as I usually have plans for the evenings on Saturdays. On a Saturday I'd be fine for something like 10am to 2pm or so. If we did the SF to Santa Cruz drive I'd probably head out after lunch maybe. Unless I could get the wife to join, which is unlikely.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

I finally got a chance to go through my photos and I thought I would post some different perspectives for those of you interested.

Really wish I could have gotten a shot of all the “J blades” in my rear view mirror. Very cool!

Old 06-15-2015, 10:27 PM

Every set of pictures I see posted, the more amazed I am at the number of white cars we had show up... and the lack of convertibles.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member

great photos, as always! you should be our unofficial event photog! love the different angles/perspectives.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:19 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

For you guys with the white coupes, how long did it take to figure out which one was yours when returning to the cars!?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
For you guys with the white coupes, how long did it take to figure out which one was yours when returning to the cars!?
Why do you think I got the CF mirror covers??? For our next drive we're going to put in a 3 white max quota!!!

Old 06-16-2015, 09:45 AM

For our next drive we're going to put in a 3 white max quota!!!
That would cut out half the attendees!

Last edited by Merlin; 06-16-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:48 AM

Why do you think I got the CF mirror covers???
Oh, speaking of, as expected mine were sitting on my porch when I got home. I should have them installed this weekend... in plenty of time for the next event.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Even though I love my IRR, I have to say the white shows off the lines of the car beautifully. It's such a "pure" expression of the car's form and every line and styling decision they made comes through.

If I ever ordered a new F-Type, though, I'd probably either get Firesand (which I saw in person with black wheels and it looks amazing), or get a white one and have it painted (or wrapped) a bright yellow, like Ferrari Fly Yellow.

I saw some pictures posted here in another thread of an F-Type in yellow and to me, it looked stunning. My 911 was Speed Yellow, and I'm sucker for yellow sports cars, but not all of them look good in yellow. The F-Type sure did. Shame that Jag doesn't offer yellow as a color option.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:04 AM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

really great pics, sure wish i could have attended...next time!