F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar F-Type Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 10:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Stuart- I know I am late to the party here, but I have interest in a coilover setup. I noted that KW offers a V3 setup for this car for the $3000 range. This is a street based setup (not pure track) but is of very high quality and all TUV approved, etc. They offer a mag-ride delete for those that need it. Do you think that you would be trying to compete with this, come in cheaper, or more of a pure track orientation?

All of my experience with KW has been overwhelmingly positive, although I can't find any real world f-type reviews on it.

Last edited by Dan Wink; 10-13-2021 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Wink
Stuart- I know I am late to the party here, but I have interest in a coilover setup. I noted that KW offers a V3 setup for this car for the $3000 range. This is a street based setup (not pure track) but is of very high quality and all TUV approved, etc. They offer a mag-ride delete for those that need it. Do you think that you would be trying to compete with this, come in cheaper, or more of a pure track orientation?

All of my experience with KW has been overwhelmingly positive, although I can't find any real world f-type reviews on it.
Thanks for reviving this thread. I'm interested as well.

Old 10-14-2021, 11:21 AM
Sponsor
Received 856 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Wink

What we are working on will be less than $3000. Not miles less but we are working on a solid street use setup that will stand up to track usage. With a Mag-Ride delete kit. Aim is to be in the $2000-2500 range. We are working with a supplier who we have used products on a number of race cars we have built (so we have some road and track testing miles on their parts to evaluate quality.) They are not the flashiest parts but we have aimed for something that will be very robust at a reasonable price point, rather than say Ohlin's street & track at $6-10,000!

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
F-Type-Type (02-09-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 01:19 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hello All,

We are looking at working with a couple of companies to bring some coilovers to market for the F-Type. One in particular we have purchased several of their other products to use on some race & track cars we service & maintain (BMW, Porsche etc) as well as Chris's personal road-going Audi S4. We see this as a performance/handling/visual upgrade but also looking at OEM replacement as the earliest model years are starting to get old enough that dampers will need replacement. Interested in some feedback.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GH6GCTG

hi stuart. Any update in that regards. Also, how adjustable are you planning those coilovers to be? I believe the f type can use a little more damping for street use.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:02 AM
Received 259 Likes on 131 Posts

Hi,

Did the survey, thank you for doing this.

Having had a bunch of cars (track gt2 with 3 ways (JIC's then Motons) to sti with ohlin r and t that were great), some thoughts:

1. Should be high quality now but without the float in the back end of oem if possible...on hard, fast stuff...so sort of the ohlins road and track shock but OEM height would be fine for me.
2. Cannot have a short rebuild interval - need it to keep me on the road - sort of a way to just buy the core parts and do an onsite replacement rather than send it in and wait for a week or three to get back in the car...so if I buy a "coilover" I'd love my shop to be able to buy the wear parts and just install locallly..perhaps the "shock" if you will...and to keep that cost to 250 a corner max....q 75k miles. I'll buy expensive once...but I don't want to be "down" because of it.
3.Sales woudl be high if it offered tech to make the f-type cooler than the competition (911) - corvette/gm manetic ride for example would be amazing.
4. 90% of us probably would be ok with just a simple shock update that plugged in, worked, and was just a lot better made and functioning....we have bilsteins now that seem pretty darn good. It would just be nice if for not a lot of money I could get my f-type to be sharper....'
5. Whatever you do, it cannot "ruin" the car - meaning add noise/clicks, etc. I bought the F-type because of its beauty and refinement....if you improve it via coilovers, I won't buy them if it adds the typical cheap coilover noise....the ohlins did not..the motons did....etc. I don't want it to be something my wife can tell is "updated" if she gets in the car so to speak.

When I had adjustable shocks, in the end most people left them alone once happy and just drove. "Soft" for me was actually faster as tire contact was better. My 2c. That "soft" was about middle ohlins road and track. ... I think most people just play with them week one and find a happy place and leave them be after that.

Adjustable sways coming too?

Track for me is a road course. I am not a drag strip person.

Thank you , again, for this.

jb

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 05-25-2022 at 08:46 AM.