Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar F-Type Cold Air Induction System from Paramount Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 10:47 AM
Received 395 Likes on 177 Posts
Default Jaguar F-Type Cold Air Induction System from Paramount Tuning

https://paramount-performance.com/ja...on-system.html

new air intake now available and I also know VAP is working on one too.

The following 3 users liked this post by skizot:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-29-2024), Therock88 (03-29-2024), woohoo (03-30-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 11:08 AM
Received 223 Likes on 125 Posts

Looks very good, quality parts

I have the EVENTURI cold air intake system for my Jaguar F-Type R sports car. I absolutely love it. The fact that it's all carbon fiber minimizes any heat absorption.

Paramount's cold air intake system looks like it's a second place winner at this point. Looks like they put thought into it when developing this cold air intake system.

Here are two photos of the eventually cold air intake.

Old 03-29-2024, 01:17 PM
Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by skizot
https://paramount-performance.com/ja...on-system.html

new air intake now available and I also know VAP is working on one too.
I wonder if this helps anything other than looks? I watched a Mina intake install and dyno on an XFR. The Mina produced something like 20 fewer HP than stock. I suppose this piece looks a little better than the Mina intake, but I wonder if it provides any actual benefit. I'd love to get rid of the stock plastic, but not if it means I lose performance.

The following users liked this post:
sov211 (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 01:48 PM
Default Mina cold air intake......

I never understood how or why this particular cold air intake system was even released for public sale. The piping / parts are an alloy material, which absorbs heat as fast as a sponge sucks up and absorbs water. Plastic is much more heat resistant and carbon fiber is even better than plastic. Any alloy whether it's aluminum, stainless steel or any type of metal is the worst choice to have in my humble opinion for a cold air intake system, you immediately get heat soak once the temperature gets hot inside the engine bay.

Last edited by Turko; 03-29-2024 at 01:51 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Turko:
BruceTheQuail (03-29-2024), Chuckster (03-29-2024), dmchao (03-30-2024), Simonusa0 (04-08-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 03:54 PM
Received 63 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Turko
I never understood how or why this particular cold air intake system was even released for public sale. The piping / parts are an alloy material, which absorbs heat as fast as a sponge sucks up and absorbs water. Plastic is much more heat resistant and carbon fiber is even better than plastic. Any alloy whether it's aluminum, stainless steel or any type of metal is the worst choice to have in my humble opinion for a cold air intake system, you immediately get heat soak once the temperature gets hot inside the engine bay.
Good points - I think in reality it's less of a problem. Dynos, yep, the car is just sitting there idling and doing repeated dyno runs. If the have a fan it might help a little but nothing like real airflow. Going down the road I don't imagine alloy pipes will transfer heat that efficiently compared to how much cool air is moving through the intake. That's why intercoolers have lots of fins inside, air is a poor conductor.

Old 03-29-2024, 05:44 PM
Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Here's one I made earlier

slicernet (04-22-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 359 Posts

Looks very good, quality parts

I have the EVENTURI cold air intake system for my Jaguar F-Type R sports car. I absolutely love it. The fact that it's all carbon fiber minimizes any heat absorption.

Paramount's cold air intake system looks like it's a second place winner at this point. Looks like they put thought into it when developing this cold air intake system.
I checked out their website and they don't show anything available for Jaguar.

Old 03-29-2024, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I checked out their website and they don't show anything available for Jaguar.
Click on the link in the first post and the page which opens says "Available May 2024".

Old 03-29-2024, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Click on the link in the first post and the page which opens says "Available May 2024".
I'm talking about the Eventuri one.

Old 03-29-2024, 06:32 PM
Default Hello eeeeek ....

I purchased my cold air intake from EVENTURI about 5 years ago. I am of the opinion that this system truly works and quite honestly I also believe it is the best on the market. Pricey but you get what you pay for. If that's simple.

I believe the company stopped making the F-Type cold air intake because of low demand. You can see that they make multiple BMW applications because they are quite popular in a BMW ///M community. I would suggest you contact the company and ask them for a retailer in your area that might have the cold air intake for your car in stock. I think there's a pretty good chance you might be able to track one down. I'd start by contacting the company and let them know you're interested and ask them who in your area is an authorized retailer​​​.https://www.eventuri.net/technology/

https://www.eventuri.net/
https://www.eventuri.net/intake-systems/

Last edited by Turko; 03-29-2024 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:07 AM
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

A LOT of money. Discontinued now I believe.

skizot (04-01-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 08:39 AM
Default suggestion ....

Originally Posted by mvining
A LOT of money. Discontinued now I believe.

Yes, as I stated in my previous message I believe they stopped making it because of the low demand but not because it doesn't work.

BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini auto enthusiasts believe this product absolutely works as a premium quality cold air intake system. Anything that's premium quality, you're going to pay a premium price for, it's that simple. I applaud those who try to find a premium product at a low price point but that rarely exists. In fact, being on this message board for several years, I've always read message board members purchasing inexpensive sport cats, low priced exhaust mufflers and inexpensive cold air intake systems only to be disappointed for one reason or another, at the end of the installation.

I have absolutely no affiliation with this company. In my opinion this is the best cold air intake system on the market. Their design is patent pending product. They developed the cold air intake system based on proven science.

https://www.eventuri.net/technology/

Since the company no longer makes the cold air intake system for the Jaguar F-Type sports car, I would simply do some research and contact various EVENTURI retail sellers and see if they have the F-Type cold air intake and stock. They might want to unload it, since there was not a high demand for the product due to the price. Also the price might have come down and you might be able to negotiate on an agreeable price, just so the retailer can unload the product. That's the approach I would take if one is interested in locating this particular cold air intake system.
Good luck

Old 03-30-2024, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, as I stated in my previous message I believe they stopped making it because of the low demand but not because it doesn't work.

BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini auto enthusiasts believe this product absolutely works as a premium quality cold air intake system. Anything that's premium quality, you're going to pay a premium price for, it's that simple. I applaud those who try to find a premium product at a low price point but that rarely exists. In fact, being on this message board for several years, I've always read message board members purchasing inexpensive sport cats, low priced exhaust mufflers and inexpensive cold air intake systems only to be disappointed for one reason or another, at the end of the installation.

I have absolutely no affiliation with this company. In my opinion this is the best cold air intake system on the market. Their design is patent pending product. They developed the cold air intake system based on proven science.

https://www.eventuri.net/technology/

Since the company no longer makes the cold air intake system for the Jaguar F-Type sports car, I would simply do some research and contact various EVENTURI retail sellers and see if they have the F-Type cold air intake and stock. They might want to unload it, since there was not a high demand for the product due to the price. Also the price might have come down and you might be able to negotiate on an agreeable price, just so the retailer can unload the product. That's the approach I would take if one is interested in locating this particular cold air intake system.
Good luck
Thank you for the input. I'll put a little leg work into seeing if any are still around.

Old 03-30-2024, 01:38 PM
Default eeeeek .....

Thank you for the input. I'll put a little leg work into seeing if any are still around.

No problem my California friend. I'm located here in New Jersey. Like I said you might be able to track one down because they are pricey and for whatever reason the Jaguar owner didn't want to spend that much on a cold air intake system so they did not sell many units and the owner decided to discontinue the cold air intake for the F-Type sports car.
I never put anything into my car other than what I think is the best. This particular cold air and take system and the full exhaust system by Super Sprint.

I wish you the best of luck with your search and I hope you do find one available for purchase. You will not be disappointed.

Old 03-30-2024, 03:24 PM
Received 178 Likes on 114 Posts

While metal undoubtedly absorb and retain more heat than plastic or carbon fiber, i doubt there is any meaningful difference in term of actual iat due to the amount of air flowing through the tubes, and the fact you’re drawing the same air from the same area of the engine bay.

Luc Lapierre (07-25-2024)
Old 03-30-2024, 05:03 PM
Default Original design.....

The cold air intake system is a patent pending design. And if you look at the GIF, clearly it's thinking outside the box to come up with a very unique design completely different from all other cold air intake systems.https://imgflip.com/gif/2gt5e6

Old 03-30-2024, 05:08 PM
Default Cold air intake

Take a look at this video guys and you'll see this person's cold air intake system has no metal piping which in my opinion is a better build .

Old 03-31-2024, 06:10 AM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Kestrel Prestige Development CAI

Take a look at this video guys and you'll see this person's cold air intake system has no metal piping which in my opinion is a better build .
https://youtu.be/kwS6TEtt7gU?si=vq1xwdPLLradXbyn
The Kestrel Prestige Development CAI consists of aluminium intake pipes, see --> JAGUAR F-TYPE 3.0 & 5.0 INDUCTION KIT The silicon hoses shown in the video are purely for connection purposes between MAF and intake pipe.

While aluminium intake pipes may suffer from heat soak on repeated dyno runs or when in city traffic, during 'normal' driving conditions, at say 2,000rpm, half throttle, the V6 is gulping around 3,000 litres of air (106 cubic feet) per minute. The V8 is consuming a whopping 5,000 litres ( 177 cubic feet per minute). The intake air is simply flowing too fast to absorb heat from the aluminium intake pipes, plus engine bay temperatures are greatly reduced once the car is moving through the air. The greatest problem with CAI kits is placing the filter/intake opening into the external air stream. Poorly designed kits that replace an air box with an open filter inside the engine bay will suffer from higher IATs and therefore loss of power. Placing the CAI filter outside the engine bay and with the use of efficient ducting will reduce/negate any impact on intake temps.

Luc Lapierre (07-25-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 12:02 PM
Received 395 Likes on 177 Posts

Let's talk about all these comments. First, eventuri did in fact stop making their intakes for the F-Type due to low demand. Years ago they sold off the remaining inventory to a distributor who sold through the remaining inventory and while eventuri still owns the original design and IP, they have no desire to sell or share that. So I would doubt you will see this from them in the future.

Velocity AP is VERY close to releasing their own Carbon Fiber intake for the F-Type - estimated MSRP around $1250 from what I have heard. We shall see what that design/performance looks like once released.

This paramount intake is more silicone couplers than metal, just the Y-pipe portion is metal, however I highly doubt you will see 12HP gain from this, if anything, more SC whine and less performance is more likely.

Mina gallery is all metal and while heat soak is a real thing, the speed in which the air is traveling through the intake is not going to allow enough heat to soak into the temp, however like the video above shows, many have shown a decrease in performance even if it increasing SC sounds.

While on that topic, the primary reason the SC sound increases is due to the removal of the stock air box and the resonator above the MAF. You could easily keep the upper portion of the plasic intake, add some generic silicone couplers to the lower half with your own choice of filter and get the same basic effect.

There is also another intake company that makes one that fits the F-type, cannot recall the name, but I think the video above that Turko posted is that brand (I did not click or watch the video).

Yellow wolf years ago made an intake too, they stopped due to low demand and them being built on-demand.

Mina Gallery is still available and probably the cheapest one out there.

Notice how K&N never made one, again low demand. Also YEARS ago, there was another intake that was made and discontinued by (company name escapes me) that also stopped due to low demand.

Old 04-01-2024, 12:37 PM
Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Aftermarket performance/modification is a small market for the f type .hence not many offerings
totally agree that air velocity is so quick it's unlikely to have time to heat up...at a standstill or slow traffic is more of a problem
I personally am running the standard engine chargecoolers plus the wraptor customs double the size chargecooler plus a half size one under crash bar
I have mina upper and my own mixture predominantly silicon lower plus the injen dry filters.this has enabled me to keep the filters higher than most kits
Anyone who promises a Noticeable power increase from a cold air kit is in Neverland....
I also have water meth to take the edge off Ait
BUT I do all this as a hobby and not to chase bhp no,s

Hutsonb12 (07-31-2024)