Received 1,234 Likes on 789 Posts
Default Jaguar F-Type V8S vs Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Jaguar F-Type V8S vs Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Here's the link......

Old 01-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Surprised no-one is commenting on this comparison. Ok, I'll be first:

Both cars are incredible; The Jag F-type has the exclusivity and the raw performance that is so, not-old Jaguar. What a way to impress a young girlfriend and **** off all your neighbors (with that REALLY LOUD and RAW exhaust). I remember when neighbors in my gated community called the police 1) for me starting up my race car, 2) for a neighbor with his open-pipe Harley. This F-type with an over-zealous driver would not last in that neighborhood. (I didn't either).

Ultimately, if and when I purchase the F-type Coupe it will be a decision between the V6 S and the V8. I always loved the V8 but, the V6 could be actually more fun for everyday driving and use. I just like to see a little software tweek past 400HP, purely for bragging rights.

When it comes to the Vette; OMG - what a technological tour de force. Would you believe the VIR (Virginia International Raceway) lap time of 2:51:80, as opposed to 3:02:10 for the XKR-S. That is being in an entirely different class of track performance. Yet, this is the BASE vette with a rumored 620HP ZO6 version coming next week and potentially an even higher powered ZR1 some times later. Talking about "bragging rights"...

Virginia International Raceway lap records - FastestLaps.com

Which one am I going to chose when my XJL lease expires? Not sure of either but, tough choice. I always priced performance first, second and third but, for my older years that has lost some of the shine. I love the Jag, oh just for being a Jag, while I crave that performance that the new Stingray is putting down. Glad I don't have to worry about making that choice for over a year now.

Albert

Old 01-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,916 Likes on 7,172 Posts

For as long as I can remember the Corvette has always been considered a bit a of a brute, doubly so when compared to Jags. This goes back to the 1950s.

Elsewhere on the internet we can find ample proof that many still regard the Corvette as a crudely engineered Yank 'land yacht that can't make its way thru a corner'. Some legends never die.

As both a Jag lover and Covette lover I enjoyed this video and commentary. It reminds us to appreciate both cars for what they are. Both are winners in their own way. The same can be said for any of the great marques. Porsche, Ferrari, whatever. There's more to a car than 0-60 time, smokey power slides, or how big the brake rotors are.

Cheers
DD

The following users liked this post:
tberg (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

I think it's a bit premature to judge a t-top vette against the convertible F-type. When the F-type coupe R is available to compare then we'll see what kind of horse race this really is. There is no question that the Corvette is the world's best performance bargain, and when the Z06 and ZR1 models come out, they may be on par with the best from Ferrari, Lambo, McClaren, etc. Let's wait a couple of months and see what kind of beast the R coupe really is.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 PM
cjp
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Both cars are fantastic. We're lucky to still be seeing such innovative sports-cars and we should enjoy it while we can, before the driverless electrics take over completely! The two are so similar in performance, but so diverse in detail execution and styling cues. I have to say that I think the C7 is more "of the moment", but that its looks will therefore date it faster than the F-Type. Only time will tell.