F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar ICE Sedan Production to End in June 2024

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM
Received 197 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Luc Lapierre
I agree that panicking (running around with hair on fire) doesn't solve anything; however we cannot deny that this is a real problem:

As a sport car driver and enthusiast, I accept that I am a part of the problem, albeit a small part.
As most do, I balance the nagging of my conscience against the whims of my hedonistic tendencies, among other things.
I comfort myself by recalling the "green" things that I've done and am doing. I could surely do more, but at the moment I feel subjectively "balanced".
I also tell myself that my F-Type will be my last ICE vehicle. Whether or not that ends up being true; I won't know unless/until I'm actually faced with the choice.

Some may find this article interesting: https://www.noahpinion.blog/p/all-th...gainst-evs-are
Some may find it infuriating.
Let's say that we humans are responsible for whatever is going on and we are destined to fry ourselves. Well, we've had a good run on this planet. Remember, the real battle on planet Earth is between the insects and the weeds and they will be dueling it out hundreds of millions of years after our lame asses are long gone.

Let's just be graceful and leave with dignity.

Nobody summed up the entire situation better than George Carlin in his classic bit on "saving the planet"...

The following 4 users liked this post by synthesis:
89 Jacobra (Yesterday), Badgerman (Yesterday), Carbuff2 (Yesterday), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Received 197 Likes on 112 Posts
Default George Carlin mentioning bicycle paths

Yea.....
as in NYC/, Manhattan. New York is a one-party state, and I believe you know who that party is. It's controlled solely by one party and that party has implemented bicycle paths all over New York City. So now the roads and streets of Manhattan are ultra narrow which makes traffic congestion into an actual nightmares nightmare and the bicycle paths exist but are only used in the capacity of 10% maximum. And now that there's out of control congestion because the streets are so narrow that political party has imposed a surcharge onto vehicle drivers driving through the streets of Manhattan. So you pay crossing the George Washington bridge, you pay going through the Lincoln tunnel and you pay going through the Holland tunnel and you have to pay another surcharge toll if you drive in Manhattan from 60th Street into lower Manhattan which is the majority of traffic and business during the course of the day. That certain political party allows certain individuals to board public transportation/buses and refuse to pay bus fare and the same individuals go below ground into the subways jumping the turnstiles, not paying for the subway fair. NYC MTA is losing millions and millions and millions of dollars and their solution is to tax the drivers coming into Manhattan to make up the difference of lost revenue that they refuse to collect from losers who refuse to pay their bus fare and Subway fare.

Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,462 Likes on 1,107 Posts

Originally Posted by synthesis
Well, we've had a good run on this planet.
Nowhere near as good a run as the dinosaurs, though. Were they really so much better than us?

Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM
Received 197 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
Nowhere near as good a run as the dinosaurs, though. Were they really so much better than us?
When you take a look at any other species out there, we seem incredibly frail. Who else has to wear clothes? Or buy their food at a store? Even my [wife's ;] toy poodle is tougher than most people I know. Imagine a red ant six feet tall and 180 pounds. Talk about an ***-kicker!

Amazing we made it this long.