F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Land Rover North America came through for me.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 09:32 PM
Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Fair enough.....It was a very nice gesture on their part. Hope you continue to feel well. COVID down in Texas is super bad. And it is also true that you did not throw any dealers under the bus. There are a number in the area. All is well..

The following users liked this post:
Turko (08-20-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 12:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 735 Likes on 470 Posts

Excellent outcome.
It's the dealership that's your issue here not the brand. That's where feathers get ruffled.
Glad it worked out for you.
Do not let a few sour apples on a tree that's plum full of good apples sway your participation on this forum. I myself have been sour at times, sometimes justified, sometimes not.
I have found on automobile forums it helps to have a little thicker skin. Just about everyone here wants to help whenever they can. And it won't take you long to spot the ones who don't. I think this forum is allot like a home football game. More than half are on rooting for your team. The rest just make it interesting.

Turko (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 06:00 AM
Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

Glad it worked out. Too much medical info as an excuse you should have avoided all of this and just called before it expired but glad JLR came through for you. Think about cancer patients going through chemo and radiation and still having to deal with life. I was stage 4 with a feeding tube for 3 months. Not an excuse...

Old 08-21-2021, 11:03 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Turko, the 5-year maintenance plan on your car requires that you schedule service appointments within 30 days of your warranty start date for each year. You are within the 30-day window of July 22 (either 30 days before or 30 days after). See: https://www.jaguarusa.com/owners/ser...servicing.html

Your dealer should honor your final service regardless of the warranty status. DM me if you still cannot resolve this. I work closely with JLR NA.

Turko (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 11:14 AM
Received 223 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Much appreciated !

Originally Posted by chowderjag
Turko, the 5-year maintenance plan on your car requires that you schedule service appointments within 30 days of your warranty start date for each year. You are within the 30-day window of July 22 (either 30 days before or 30 days after). See: https://www.jaguarusa.com/owners/ser...servicing.html

Your dealer should honor your final service regardless of the warranty status. DM me if you still cannot resolve this. I work closely with JLR NA.
I appreciate you offering the assistance. If there's any hang ups I'll definitely reach out to you by sending you a private message. Thank you so much!

Old 08-21-2021, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,916 Likes on 7,172 Posts

Originally Posted by Turko
I'm very Happy with JLRNA gesture.

Glad this episode has a positive ending !

Cheers
DD

Old 08-21-2021, 03:40 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts

Me too...

MarkN (08-22-2021)
Old 08-22-2021, 12:58 PM
Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

The fine print on the complimentary maintenance for my 2018 indicates the maintenance must be done 30 days before or after the warranty start date except for the last scheduled maintenance. That one must be done before the warranty expires.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear this had a happy conclusion and everyone can now relax, remain calm and move about their day.

Old 08-23-2021, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

Hello Gentlemen,
And because I realized this slight was directed at me, I responded to this individual and I referred to him as a circus c....
I don't want to say the word again, even though it's NOT a curse word, I was banned for one week because I asked the individual why they were acting like a c....
I don't know this person, they don't know me, and I just don't appreciate being called out when I did nothing wrong.
I've been on this board for quite a while and I will say that someone putting your own words back into your own situation should never resort to name calling even if it isn't a curse word. That's not how this forum behaves. If you feel like you need to resort to name calling in a thread, that should be an indication to not post (at least here). There may be other forums where that is more tolerated.

Glad in the end the situation worked itself out.

scm (08-23-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 03:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Good ending...

Great! Glad it all worked out for you. Take care and enjoy your car...

Old 08-23-2021, 06:18 PM
Received 400 Likes on 211 Posts

Jaguar Riverside was formerly known as Alvarez Jaguar. The Indigo Auto Group bought the Jaguar franchise from Ramon Alvarez a few years ago. Staff under the Alvarez regime wasn't terrible but wasn't great. Some of the sales staff at Riverside Jaguar came from the Pendragon organization which owned Hornburg JLR Santa Monica, Los Angeles, Mission Viejo and Newport Beach prior to their exit from the US so expect to be treated well. The parts and service team might be a different story. I encountered the same situation with the oil when it was Alvarez Jaguar. I was on my way to a track day and wanted to pick up an extra quart of oil and coolant as a precaution. Parts manager who I won't name was insistent that my 2016 F-TYPE ran 5W-20 and handed me a quart of the exact same oil you received. I immediately told him that was incorrect and had to show him where to look up the correct specs. I think overall, I'd go elsewhere for parts and service. I personally drive out to Thousand Oaks for my service even though I live south Orange County.

Originally Posted by synthesis
On a lighter note, and speaking of oil changes, I went for my first visit to a local dealership after purchasing a beautiful low mileage Indus Silver MY2018 base coupe [just installed the VAP tune with great results]. I needed the cargo cover replaced because one of the cords detached and they did this under warranty [and had one in stock to boot]. I also asked to buy a quart of oil since OEM Castrol Edge Professional is difficult to come by and my service guy handed my a quart of Castrol Edge 0W-20 [not professional] and said that this is what they use. He went on to say that as long as it has the "Dexos" additive, it's what they recommend.

Is this the case? Why would JLR go to the trouble of developing their own oil blend [Castrol Edge Professional] and then not have their dealerships use it? Any help would be appreciated.

Also any feedback on using Jaguar/Land Rover of Riverside [CA]? Thanks!

Old 08-23-2021, 06:19 PM
Received 400 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderjag

Check your PM

Old 08-26-2021, 01:09 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default A happy ending

I've been watching this thread from the very beginning. The author had a very valid point and I don't feel that it was unreasonable to ask the dealership to honor his request due to the
circumstances. What I do find disturbing is the efforts to justify the dealerships position. A funny thing about Contracts. Like any rule, all rules have an exceptions. The reason there are
exceptions is because life is not predicable. My position has been that Jaguar needs to be doing it better than everyone else. The fact that JLRNA stepped up and made this right is what
I'm talking about. This is exactly the kind of good will that will help put Jaguar back on top. I have to applaud JLRNA for recognizing this unique situation. A $300 bill for an oil change for
most Jaguar owners may not seem like much to get all worked up about. But to someone that is constantly battling with medical issues. It is another straw on the camels back and it's one
too many. That $300 dollars is needed elsewhere. As soon as you try to justify unfavorable behavior. You lose your humanity. Now I'm the last person that you would want to look to for
sympathy. My wife often has said that I can't feel any sympathy for people who are in physical pain because of everything I have personally been through. There is a bit of truth to that.
Although, this is not what we are judging. Dealing with physical pain and the unique personal challenges that one faces when dealing with any serious medical issue, are two distinctly
different things. Long term medical issues do become very debilitating and tend to consume one's life. Making it very difficult to accomplish much of anything. Often it is the constant battle
to stay on top of the costs associated with long term illness that ends up defeating the afflicted. One forum member made a statement that he had Cancer so this guy should just suck it up
and pay the $300. When did this become a contest. Every situation is unique and deserves to be respected. Neither do I understand why anyone would chose to become verbally hostile,
forcing a person to respond in kind. Which is something I'm also personally familiar with on this forum.
There should be little tolerance for anyone that instigates a disagreement. This is something I will never understand. Why anyone would take the time to write out criticism for something
they have no personal connection to. Offer advice or condolences. Otherwise just shut up. Keep it to yourself. It is sad that it only takes a few to make everyone look bad. Most of the members
in this forum are far more interested in supporting and aiding other members. It's comforting to know that 99% of the forum members enjoy the interaction and helping if at all possible. Many
like to just be involved and offer little in real solid advice. But that's the great thing about it. They just want to have a small part in the solution. Now bare with me here. This reminds me of a
short story I just need to share.

My wife like many forum members, tries so hard to offer advice when I'm working on one of these cars. I recently posted some photos of a troublesome rear bearing hub. I had to replace
the rear Reluctor rings for the ABS system on our X-type. She had watched as I had to use a Plasma cutter to remove one of the bearing hubs. So she saw the bearing fall apart when I
split the casting in half. She witnessed the bearings and the bearing basket fall apart on the driveway. The next day I used the time to clean up the axles and prepare to install the new parts.
My wife gets home from work and walks into the garage. She takes on look at the two new Reluctor Rings on the table and asks me, "where are the ball bearings". It took me a second to
understand exactly what she was asking.

This is one of many reasons I love my wife the way I do. She is not afraid to get her hands dirty. She will often ask me questions, which will often give me reason to pause and chuckle.
But every once in awhile she will say something that hits a cord, and I stop and think. How did I miss that? It may be repetitive or inconsequential, but it's the thought that counts.

I am glad that this worked out as well as it did. It's unfortunate the you had to deal with forum members that are unable to restrain themselves from posting their unnecessary criticism.
Try not to spend the 300 all at one time.

Last edited by Rearaxle; 08-27-2021 at 10:00 AM. Reason: formatting and unnecessary censoring of word.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rearaxle:
eliotb (08-27-2021), khlee (08-27-2021), Turko (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 02:25 PM
Default In my opinion....

Originally Posted by Rearaxle
I've been watching this thread from the very beginning. The author had a very valid point and I don't feel that it was unreasonable to ask the dealership to honor his request due to the circumstances.
What I do find disturbing is the efforts to justify the dealerships position. A funny thing about Contracts. Like any rule, all rules have an exceptions. The reason there are exceptions is because life is
not predicable. My position has been that Jaguar needs to be doing it better than everyone else. The fact that JLRNA stepped up and made this right is what I'm talking about. This is exactly the kind
of good will that will help put Jaguar back on top. I have to applaud JLRNA for recognizing this unique situation. A $300 bill for an oil change for most Jaguar owners may not seem like much to get
all worked up about. But to someone that is constantly battling with medical issues. It is another straw on the camels back and it's one too many. That $300 dollars is needed elsewhere.
As soon as you try to justify unfavorable behavior. You lose your humanity. Now I'm the last person that you would want to look to for sympathy. My wife often has said that I can't feel any sympathy
for people who are in physical pain because of everything I have personally been through. There is a bit of truth to that. Although, this is not what we are judging. Dealing with physical pain and the
unique personal challenges that one faces when dealing with any serious medical issue, are two distinctly different things. Long term medical issues do become very debilitating and tend to consume
one's life. Making it very difficult to accomplish much of anything. Often it is the constant battle to stay on top of the costs associated with long term illness that ends up defeating the afflicted.
One forum member made a statement that he had Cancer so this guy should just suck it up and pay the $300. When did this become a contest. Every situation is unique and deserves to be
respected. Neither do I understand why anyone would chose to become verbally hostile, forcing a person to respond in kind. Which is something I'm also personally familiar with on this forum.
There should be little tolerance for anyone that instigates a disagreement. This is something I will never understand. Why anyone would take the time to write out criticism for something they have no
personal connection to. Offer advice or condolences. Otherwise just shut up. Keep it to yourself. It is sad that it only takes a few to make everyone look bad. Most of the members in this forum
are far more interested in supporting and aiding other members. It's comforting to know that 99% of the forum members enjoy the interaction and helping if at all possible. Many like to just be involved
and offer little in real solid advice. But that's the great thing about it. They just want to have a small part in the solution. Now bare with me here. This reminds me of a short story I just need to share.

My wife like many forum members, tries so hard to offer advice when I'm working on one of these cars. I recently posted some photos of a troublesome rear bearing hub. I had to replace the rear
Reluctor rings for the ABS system on our X-type She had watched as I had to use a Plasma cutter to remove one of the bearing hubs. So she saw the bearing fall apart when I split the casting in half.
She witnessed the bearings and the bearing basket fall apart on the driveway. The next day I used the time to clean up the axles and prepare to install the new parts. My wife gets home from work and
walks into the garage. She takes on look at the two new Reluctor Rings on the table and asks me, "where are the *****". It took me a second to understand exactly what she was asking.

This is one of many reasons I love my wife the way I do. She is not afraid to get her hands dirty. She will often ask me questions, which will often give me reason to pause and chuckle. But every once
in awhile she will say something that hits a cord, and I stop and think. How did I miss that? It may be repetitive or inconsequential, but it's the thought that counts.
I am glad that this worked out as well as it did. It's unfortunate the you had to deal with forum members that are unable to restrain themselves from posting their unnecessary criticism.
Try not to spend the 300 all at one time.
You are a person who has empathy.
Some people absolutely enjoy and do it with Glee, dickking down another person. They get off on that.

khlee (08-27-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 03:15 AM
Veteran Member

But, is not using the word "Pathetic" in the original thread title not "dickking down"?
If I or you were to say "The Green Bay Packers are Pathetic" what kind of response from Wisconsin residents would I or you expect.
Just saying. You hit a nerve.

Last edited by 1 of 19; 08-27-2021 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2021, 05:08 AM
Default Oh ......

Originally Posted by 1 of 19
But, is not using the word "Pathetic" in the original thread title not "dickking down"?
If I or you were to say "The Green Bay Packers are Pathetic" what kind of response from Wisconsin residents would I or you expect.
Just saying. You hit a nerve.

I'm sorry.... I had no idea those nasty bitter replies were from JLRNA employees and that's why they took it personally.

Old 08-27-2021, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

I'm sorry.... I had no idea those nasty bitter replies were from JLRNA employees and that's why they took it personally.
Nevermind. Have a nice day.

MarkN (08-28-2021)
Old 08-27-2021, 10:31 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, a Minnesota fan or a Chicago fan would not be so polite. LOL. But I get your point.

Old 08-27-2021, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,916 Likes on 7,172 Posts

Originally Posted by Rearaxle
This is something I will never understand. Why anyone would take the time to write out criticism for something
they have no personal connection to. Offer advice or condolences. Otherwise just shut up. Keep it to yourself.

Well.......yes....but.....

........ let's not forget the last sentence in the first posting of this thread:

Please tell me, am I making something out of nothing or do I have a valid point with my grievance. Please let me know your thoughts.

Seems to me that this is exactly what's been taking place for the last few days

Some people are more blunt than others, or even harsh. But there was no request that "Only the genteel, diplomatic, and sympathetic need reply"

Cheers
DD

The following 3 users liked this post by Doug:
Mahjik (08-27-2021), MK18 (08-28-2021), scm (08-28-2021)

Quick Reply: Jaguar Land Rover North America came through for me.