F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar LasVegas

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Jaguar LasVegas

Stay away from these guys, I ordered $100 worth of parts gave them my home address, VIN# and phone number...This morning I discovered they cancelled my order because of "fraud". They claimed they cannot do business with me because of this, and wont remove my personal information.

I am in the InfoSec business and I can smell a problem here...Its not worth giving them your information only to have them cancel your order with no reason and not purge your data. If and when their website gets hacked, all of your information and VIN is stolen.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by mwinner
Stay away from these guys, I ordered $100 worth of parts gave them my home address, VIN# and phone number...This morning I discovered they cancelled my order because of "fraud". They claimed they cannot do business with me because of this, and wont remove my personal information.

I am in the InfoSec business and I can smell a problem here...Its not worth giving them your information only to have them cancel your order with no reason and not purge your data. If and when their website gets hacked, all of your information and VIN is stolen.
what model do you have, and what kind of parts were you ordering?

Old 12-22-2016, 01:30 PM

Hi there--
I was ordering the front air deflectors for MY16 Type-S...Certainly not a large order

Old 12-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

I stopped by the dealership shortly after moving here to introduce myself to the sales and service departments. They were all very friendly and it seemed a pretty relaxed atmosphere.

I didn't speak with the parts department, but I had a pleasant experience with the rest of the dealership.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you elaborate on the "fraud" aspect? I wonder what their reasoning was.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:14 PM

They just said my account was marked as fraudulent from their system, and they wont do business with me. I explained that I used PayPal who manages this transaction and my credit is 800+, not to mention that they had my VIN, address, and phone number.

They said no, and that was that....rude IMO

Old 12-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by mwinner
Hi there--
I was ordering the front air deflectors for MY16 Type-S...Certainly not a large order
that be odd. I've ordered parts several times online from Jag Las Vegas with zero problems.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:20 PM

This was the email I received from them:
"Your order has been cancelled do to the possible high risk of identity theft or credit car fraud"

I called for clarification and was pretty much told the same thing...I have never had this issue in the past, and I do all my shopping online...

Old 12-22-2016, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

If you order Jaguar or Land Rover parts from parts.com they are fulfilled by a Jaguar dealer in San Juan (Ruben Reyes <rreyes@jlrsanjuantx.com>) - had great service from them if you want to vote with your wallet...

Last edited by stmcknig; 12-22-2016 at 02:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
F12guy (12-27-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 05:23 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I have been to this dealer, and they have been nothing but friendly. However one complaint is that they do not wash your car. They gave me a card for one free wash at Terrible's car wash.

However, My primary dealer, Galpin Jaguar in Los Angeles has an outside detailer come in and detail the car before i pick it up.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Jag LV is new this year, took over from previous dealer to combine with long term Land Rover dealer. Owned by large auto group, well thought of family in LV. That said years ago when we had Range Rover Sport service was sketchy at best. Team there seemed friendly this time around as some of Jag mechanics moved over. Not buliding new dealership for 2 years so Jag was added to a relatively small Rover store. Also Vegas famous as site of a lot credit card fraud.

Old 12-22-2016, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Was it Lithia? So many nice family-owned dealerships goobled up by them (East Indian I believe).

Then all the great service goes down the toilet and it is a McDonald's Burgers of dealerships.

Happened to the Mercedes and BMW local dealerships here in Portland. Used to be great, now not so much.

What happens is the dealerships are doing great and then the factory demands massive remodels that run into the many millions - which sadly is their right apparently. Then you have a BMW dealer who formerly was doing great now with 14-20 million in new remodel debt payments - HOWEVER selling the same amount of cars.

Then Lithia or another foreign corp swoops in and takes over. Like the Mercedes dealer here that was iconic since the 50s.

The cookie cutter monolith dealership is born. All looking the same. No private family ownership anymore except the little used car lots. Sad.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:22 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a bummer. Bought my R here and they were 100% terrific

Old 12-23-2016, 07:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
Was it Lithia? So many nice family-owned dealerships goobled up by them (East Indian I believe).

The cookie cutter monolith dealership is born. All looking the same. No private family ownership anymore except the little used car lots. Sad.
To be fair to Lithia (and I have zero skin in this, and haven't even shopped their dealerships), Lithia is actually the ultimate family business that has gone well. Although it is now a public company, it was started in Oregon after WW II, and is now run by a CEO from the same family as the founder.....

...still, this doesn't say anything about the service, but this 'one dealer in Oregon' is now in the Fortune 500 and still in the family.

Just saying....

Old 12-23-2016, 08:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

No, Vegas dealer is still a Vegas family, into 3rd gen.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:46 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought my CPO ftype in Vegas back when it was still Gaudin Jaguar earlier this year. Like bjg625 stated they've shuffled things around a bit since, they sent a letter out about it but I don't remember all the exact details. That said I will say I was extremely disappointed in my buying experience. My 'concierge' pickup from the airport left me standing there for almost an hour even though they knew my itinerary a week in advance, the manual and 1 key fob were missing and never found(as a CPO this is a checklist item), a headlight was out, the car was just dirty and unprepared for me when I arrived. These seem like little easy things to take care of to make a more pleasurable buying experience especially when you have plenty of notice of it.

On the flip side I actually stopped at Jaguar of Omaha while I was driving back to Minnesota because of a CEL and they were terrific to me even though they knew I was just simply passing through and had done no business there.

Jaguar Minneapolis also gave me a pretty horrible shopping experience prompting me to look out of state in the first place. Their service has been absolutely wonderful though. Oh well.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer

Then all the great service goes down the toilet and it is a McDonald's Burgers of dealerships.
Not sure why you wanted to get that cheap "East Indian" shot in there but Lithia isnt owned by "East Indians". As someone else mentioned its an OR business that did pretty well for itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithia_Motors
Learn About Lithia Auto Stores in Medford | New & Used Car Dealerships

FWIW, the car (F-Type) that you're driving is due to some "East Indian" owners demanding Jag build a proper sports car.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:16 PM
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
If you order Jaguar or Land Rover parts from parts.com they are fulfilled by a Jaguar dealer in San Juan (Ruben Reyes <rreyes@jlrsanjuantx.com>) - had great service from them if you want to vote with your wallet...
Thanks for that info. I need to order the bumper bar to replace the one that the previous owner painted to match the car. I'll be ordering it through them.