F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar NA Great Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Jaguar NA Great Customer Service

I would like to post about the great customer service I received from Jaguar North America, as well as my local dealer. I have a convertible F Type that was having issues with the top locking down to the windshield header. It was a sporadic fault at first. The car had to have extensive diagnostics and much of the top mechanism was eventually replaced under warrantee, which took a considerable amount of time in the dealer shop. Jaguar of North America was made aware of the problem and assisted the dealer in the repair. In addition Jaguar compensated my loss of usage of the car, even though I was given a loaner by the dealer, an XE.
I want those in the Jaguar community to know that the manufacturer really does stand behind their product and supports its customers.

The following users liked this post:
beulahjag (03-02-2018)
Old 03-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

It’s interesting that you post this, because I had the exact opposite experience when ordering my car. Without going into great detail, it was quite clear once I placed my order that Jaguar North America no longer cared about me as a customer at all, and clearly could care less about when my vehicle was delivered to me, much to the dismay of my dealer who was very helpful. I’m firmly of the opinion that Jaguar NA’s customer service is complete garbage and will never buy a new vehicle from them again.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
It’s interesting that you post this, because I had the exact opposite experience when ordering my car. Without going into great detail, it was quite clear once I placed my order that Jaguar North America no longer cared about me as a customer at all, and clearly could care less about when my vehicle was delivered to me, much to the dismay of my dealer who was very helpful. I’m firmly of the opinion that Jaguar NA’s customer service is complete garbage and will never buy a new vehicle from them again.
You might consider that the cat may be changing it’s spots.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by palmlakesman
I would like to post about the great customer service I received from Jaguar North America, as well as my local dealer. I have a convertible F Type that was having issues with the top locking down to the windshield header. It was a sporadic fault at first. The car had to have extensive diagnostics and much of the top mechanism was eventually replaced under warrantee, which took a considerable amount of time in the dealer shop. Jaguar of North America was made aware of the problem and assisted the dealer in the repair. In addition Jaguar compensated my loss of usage of the car, even though I was given a loaner by the dealer, an XE.
I want those in the Jaguar community to know that the manufacturer really does stand behind their product and supports its customers.
I've had great service a Palm Beach Jaguar. Above and beyond on everything.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

I've been treated great at Jaguar/LR Las Vegas tho they have only been dealer for a little more than a year.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,603 Likes on 861 Posts
Default Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover in Maine

I would be remiss if I didn’t give a huge shoutout to my dealer - Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover - who, 3 years and counting, not only treats me like a king each and every time I visit the dealership but all the “Lobster-Runners” who’ve attended the past two events I hosted.

One guess who is “all in” for 2018 Jaguar Wild Blueberry Blasters?

You got it.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:07 PM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

Had exceptional service from Jaguar dealers in Darien in CT and White Plains in NY. So far both have met and exceeded my expectations and I didn't even buy the car from either of them - bought it from a dealer in NJ.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member

Outstanding service from Coleman Jaguar (aka Jaguar of West Columbia, MD). Loaners always available and willing to work out the cost of non-warranty problems.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Received 241 Likes on 173 Posts

Penske Jaguar in Cerritos exceeded my expectations on a service visit, and I bought the vehicle second hand from out of the area. I think Jaguar is making an effort to earn repeat business.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,777 Likes on 8,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Penske Jaguar in Cerritos exceeded my expectations on a service visit, and I bought the vehicle second hand from out of the area. I think Jaguar is making an effort to earn repeat business.
We leased a 2002 X-Type from Penske in West Covina in 2002 and from the sales woman to service it was all great. Unfortunately, Penske and Ford had a disagreement on site selection that Penske wanted. They wanted to move to another and better location, Ford said no so Penkse shut down that dealership.
We would have gone there again

Old 03-04-2018, 11:16 PM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Good to know there ARE some good ones out there, thanks!!

Old 03-05-2018, 07:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I forgot to mention that my dealer is Fort Lauderdale Jaguar, and they have been fantastic

Old 03-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I have been dealing for 15 years with Royal in Tucson both sales and service and I have been consistently pleased. The only individual I didn't care for was an F&I person and that was a long time ago. My perception is that it is harder for larger organizations to excel than smaller ones.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Received 253 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by ek993
Had exceptional service from Jaguar dealers in Darien in CT and White Plains in NY. So far both have met and exceeded my expectations and I didn't even buy the car from either of them - bought it from a dealer in NJ.
Darien is a great dealership, I purchased the F-Type and a Range Rover from them but I purchased the XJL from Prestige in NJ before that. For service Fairfield is also great now, I met with Ted the shop foreman Saturday to make sure that they will not have any issues with cars coming in from our club that are modified. Now he is going out the way to help everyone, example was that I emailed him Sunday morning about water getting into my third light (brake light) and he replied at 8:35AM that he already has all the needed parts on order and to just bring it in as soon as he gets the parts. Crest Jaguar in Woodbridge is also great, had the same understanding with Dominic there and he is outstanding. We even negotiated parts and accessories discounts. Some dealers are actually great.

JLR corporate has been great to me and other members as well, often they need to make up screw ups that dealers cause and so far they have never let us down.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:36 PM

My experience is that the automotive ownership experience is directly related to the MSRP of the vehicle. I have watched Toyota sales people do things to non-English speaking people what should be prosecuted as war crimes. On the other hand, I wish my relatives treated me as well as the Ferrari store I am familiar with. Jaguar historically had a price point that meant people were treated with respect. I am concerned that the spreading of the price range may lead to a diminution of the Jaguar ownership experience. Selling SVRs at 125K is a long way from selling XEs at 35K. In all honesty the MB experience and history is not encouraging. They have moved downscale in terms of owner relations which is completely understandable when you sell 5000 C class cars for every Maybach.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Bought my vehicle from Coventry north in Toronto. Sales relationship good, service bad.
Started taken it to a closer dealer- Lakridge Jaguar , exceptional service and treat me exceptionally when I walk in.
Highly recommend

Old 03-19-2018, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member

Contacted Jag Customer Service a couple of weeks ago to request they send me a 2018 F-Type Brochure to fill out my collection. I was informed that they could send me a .pdf, but that they no longer print brochures for "environmental" reasons. Bull Hockey: Not quite believing this to be the case on a high end vehicle, I stopped by my dealer who was happy to provide me with a hard copy. Dealer great...Jag Customer Service, not so. Can't believe a word.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:15 PM

It is wrong to deal in stereotypes of people. Everyone should be judged as an individual. BUT this is just another example of the work ethic of the North American imported car subsidiary community that exists in New Jersey (Chris Christy, Governor). They deal in Beautiful Sunshine and how to do the least possible amount of work before the end of the day. These people have not changed their attitudes in 40 years, which is how long I have been putting up with them. Un, you should be happy they honored you with a BS response.

Last edited by Suaro; 03-19-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:24 AM
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Suaro
My experience is that the automotive ownership experience is directly related to the MSRP of the vehicle.
Totally agree with this statement. Some of the best purchasing and ownership experiences I've had have been with Mercedes, Jaguar and Lamborghini. The sales staff just seems to be of a higher caliber, and I think they realize that the people they are dealing with might be a lot more savvy than your average Corolla owner. I'm new to the Jaguar world but Grapevine JLR (in Grapevine, TX) and Autobahn Jaguar have treated me exceptionally well so far. Is it fair? Maybe not. But those with higher standards generally have higher expectations.