F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Sales Reporting

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Jaguar Sales Reporting

Does JaguarUSA regularly publish data on NA or Worldwide sales?

Another marque in which I am semi-interested has a media section on its website and puts out a press release once a month showing monthly, YTD, and YOY sales by model for the US and CAN.

GoodcarBadcar has some data, but not exactly what I want to see.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Suaro
Does JaguarUSA regularly publish data on NA or Worldwide sales?

Another marque in which I am semi-interested has a media section on its website and puts out a press release once a month showing monthly, YTD, and YOY sales by model for the US and CAN.

GoodcarBadcar has some data, but not exactly what I want to see.
A while back, we went through the exercise of trying to find data broken out by model, but no one ever found anything more than total F-Type volume as available from general industry data.

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...jaguar-f-type/

Last edited by Unhingd; 08-08-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:48 PM

It strikes me JagUSA could be more supportive of the enthusiast community and this forum in particular. There are too many unanswered questions like why the long long wait times on delivery etc.

JCNA does a fine job, but how about a little more official participation on the part of the company.

Those are pretty dismal numbers for the F. It looks to me like they are headed to the worst year since 2013. Seven years is a life cycle in today’s automotive world. Jag needs offer something exciting and quickly.

Last edited by Suaro; 08-08-2018 at 04:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KarimEls (08-09-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

It strikes me JagUSA could be more supportive of the enthusiast community and this forum in particular. There are too many unanswered questions like why the long long wait times on delivery etc.
Jaguar does a terrible job just supporting the average customer, no less the consumer. Its not surprise to me that they don't offer a simple service like reporting numbers; they probably don't see the value of it.

KarimEls (08-09-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts

JCNA does a fine job, but how about a little more official participation on the part of the company.

Those are pretty dismal numbers for the F. It looks to me like they are headed to the worst year since 2013. Seven years is a life cycle in today’s automotive world. Jag needs offer something exciting and quickly.
I would give the F-Type just two more model years before JLR announce the end of production in 2019/2020.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Very few car manufacturers take part in these forums. This is not an ideal place for them to be a part of, as much of it would be handling complaints. Check out other forums, you won’t likely see those manufacturers there either.

I’m sure Jag will be updating the F soon enough....but may stick to Porsches design and less means more. The 911 has been around forever, and still looks like a 911. Same for Boxster and Cayman. And right now, there is much uncertainty in the market, and with all these new tariffs potentially wreaking havoc, it’s understandable that JLR is being cautious and not overproducing high end vehicles.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:40 AM

Spark, I agree with you. I expect 19 well be the last year and it will be replaced by a 2+2 tourer. The car has not been a commercial success. Sales in the US are 300 units a month out of 1.3 million.

The 911 has evolved tremendously.

VolvoNA participates officially and from VPs to sales reps. Some is helping with complaints. Thats good service. Better than unanswered questions

dmchao (08-10-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 07:57 AM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Gillespie

Very few car manufacturers take part in these forums. This is not an ideal place for them to be a part of, as much of it would be handling complaints. Check out other forums, you won’t likely see those manufacturers there either.

I’m sure Jag will be updating the F soon enough....but may stick to Porsches design and less means more. The 911 has been around forever, and still looks like a 911. Same for Boxster and Cayman. And right now, there is much uncertainty in the market, and with all these new tariffs potentially wreaking havoc, it’s understandable that JLR is being cautious and not overproducing high end vehicles.
Manufacturers taking part in this type of forum may not be a good idea for just the reason you state, getting embroiled in specific vehicle issues. However, and this was brought home to me in spades with my Ghibli, there is much to be gained by the manufacturer/dealers of a general nature by monitoring what car owners are experiencing with their products (good and bad.) I can't tell you how many problems arose with my Ghibli that were unfamiliar to the dealer's service department that I later found multiple references to on owner forums. I even mentioned this to the service manager and was told they don't monitor such sites. Oh, how many trips to the dealer and lost days of use some readily available information would have saved me.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:12 AM

I am always surprised by the dealership people for whom the job is a 9 to 5 experience. Period. They don’t look at the forums, they drive F-150s, and can’t be bothered with JCNA.

But to return to my original point, if someone from JagUSA is reading this. Please post the sales number. The enthusiasts would like to know.

KarimEls (08-09-2018)