Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar...staying in the Family - F-Pace

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Jaguar...staying in the Family - F-Pace

I have had two Jags...the F-Type S, which I am overly pleased with, and an XJL which I am also happy with. However.....

I went to the dealer who had a two day in the showroom showing of the new F-Pace. Instantly, on the spot, I decided to change the XJL for this, and placed my order on Saturday. The F-Type S engine is the same that I got with the F-Pace order! I am happy because I love the F-Type motor, and wasn't overjoyed with the XJL engine and cutoff at lights etc. However they are all awesome cars.

Staying within the Jaguar family is easy for me due to many reasons, the dealership is great in NJ, the cars are awesome, the familiarity with the car and the Jaguar forum of course, which is chock full of experiences, learning, knowledge transfer etc.

Just sharing that the F-Type lives for me in an awesome way, and it's new big brother is in process of being built....., Black, with Red/black interior seating and all of the goodies!

Signed....."Overjoyed, in NJ"! :-)! Have a great week everybody, and take a look at the F-Pace....it is a work of art for an SUV.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:35 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats on the F-Pace!!! Which dealership do you use in NJ? There is only 5 and didn't have a positive experience in 2 of the 3 I visited.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

congrats, did you get the larger touchscreen with InControl touch pro?

Old 04-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

I got to sit in the F-Pace during the Jaguar N/A tour here. Wow. Very nice. I would trade in the XF-RS as soon as I can for one. Wish they had a "RS" 550HP version like the Range Rover tho.

Old 04-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I really like the F pace as well, although I ordered the XE sport to go along with the FtypeR, as we already have a SUV at home.

I'm sure you will enjoy the F pace, and hopefully you won't have to wait too long, I won't see the XE until June.
Lawrence.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:29 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
Congrats on the F-Pace!!! Which dealership do you use in NJ? There is only 5 and didn't have a positive experience in 2 of the 3 I visited.
Hi, I use the former Madison Jaguar, which is now Jaguar of Morris County (Paul Miller just acquired them). My sales guy is Michael Morgan, and a fairly straight "on the up and up" kind of guy. I like the finance guy, and have been servicing the cars there for a few years now. As always, just keep your eyes and ears open, as this remains negotiating 101, and with service they have been straight with me as well helping me out leaving a good taste in my mouth.

Hope this helps..., and make it a great week.

The following users liked this post:
Smoke Em (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 09:30 AM
Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

^^ LOVE those guys! That's where I got my f-type from. Sad, since I live about 10min from the cherry hill dealer.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (04-19-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 12:17 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

That was the first dealership I went to and didn't have a good experience. The sales manager reached out to me and I told him about my experience and he apologized, but by that time I had already purchased the car from another dealership. Morris County Jaguar was much better then Bergen County (Paramus) but still not what I would've expected from a Jaguar dealership. The sales manager did say if I was in for service he would love to talk to me in person so I will sop by and see him at that time.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Following the official launch in the UK, some wag in the motoring press has noted the order profile and dubbed the f-pace the "she-type"...

Old 04-19-2016, 04:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
That was the first dealership I went to and didn't have a good experience. The sales manager reached out to me and I told him about my experience and he apologized, but by that time I had already purchased the car from another dealership. Morris County Jaguar was much better then Bergen County (Paramus) but still not what I would've expected from a Jaguar dealership. The sales manager did say if I was in for service he would love to talk to me in person so I will sop by and see him at that time.
Not sure how long ago this happened, but most of the dealership has turned over under the new ownership. Michael and Drew (Finance manager) are still there, but totally different service guys (pretty nice and good), and sales Manager (Angelo went to Manhattan Jaguar). If this was 4 months ago back....would have been him. FYI....and amazing how experiences can leave a lasting mark on Brand Image.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:01 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-typical
Following the official launch in the UK, some wag in the motoring press has noted the order profile and dubbed the f-pace the "she-type"...
Interesting you should say that. My son and I always team together on any car purchase decision. Point counter point is always at the forefront of the discussion to make sure that it is the right thing for each other. Similar taste drives this, and the dissimilarities usually help to make the cutting edge differences in the ultimate purchase.

He immediately said to me, Dad, you didn't purchase this....it is a soccer Mom car. I gulped and said...., nah, it is a beautiful car. This is hysterical...."THE SHE-TYPE", sitting here at my computer LMAO! :-), as I am doing my makeup and nails......, LOL! Would be a nice thread to start....= Jaguar F-Pace, Female or Male look? What opinions would take place on that one, but in the US would probably have my *$( sued!