F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar SVR vs Dodge Demon...and the winner is???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 01:14 AM
Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by SVR
Went 11.41 @ 124.2, a new PB in this car for both E.T. and MPH. All runs were with about 3/4-tank of 91-octane, same launch procedure (WOT off idle), with traction control fully defeated and the transmission in S letting it shift itself. Only mods to the car are PS4 tires, VAP tune, and VAP 200-cell catted downpipes.

Runs 1, 3, and 4 were in snow/ice mode per Gibbo205's experience. Run 2 was in dynamic, which happened to be the slowest pass. Go figure.

Temperatures were in the high-60s for the first two runs dropping into the low-60s for the last two, but with a very annoying 17-18 MPH direct headwind. Also, the first run was with the car completely heat-soaked. If anyone's familiar with Sonoma Raceway, you know that traffic the last 2 miles of highway leading to it are spent with your foot overing over the brake, and I staged for the first pass within minutes of entering the gate.

For comparison, I ran with gentleman in a stock 2016 F-Type R (Car #70) who goes to the track 2-3 times a month in runs 2 and 4.

An improvement but as your car is mapped and has highflow cats it should be faster.

Yes snow/wet is consistently faster for me and I've got over 20 runs on the car now.

I also found the car went a further tenth faster if when I put the car into S mode I select S1 via paddles, then launch from idle in S1 but let the car still do upshifting. This works fine in snow/wet as it auto upchanges even when in manual mode. If your in dynamic mode make sure transmission is in normal and not dynamic otherwise it will hit the rev limiter.

For me my absolute best runs have come from a mixture of:
- Car in snow/wet mode (AWD split becomes closest 50/50)
- Gearbox in S with S1 (1st gear selected)
- Rear spoiler down, seems to make no difference
- Front pressures 45-50psi
- Rear pressures 40-45psi
- Launch from idle (not tried stalling converter)

My PB is an 11.28@124mph, unfortunately for this run I never pumped my tyres pressures up due to limited time and the engine was heat soaked, on days where I've got plenty of runs I found the sweet spot seemed to be 42psi rear hot pressure and 48psi hot front pressure gave me another tenth and a couple mph at the end, so will try this next time and hopefully not be heat soaked.

I think on a perfect run I can do a low 11.2 or even scrape into the 11.1's at around 125mph.

Lets remember I am stock, also in UK and every drag strip is different but saying that drag times and terminals are far better to compare than different dynos which can be wildly out.

Try my technique above I find when they all combiined and I got the good run I got another two tenths of my time as I was running 11.4-11.5's with the car full weight and just putting it in dynamic. The brakes and battery seem to keep me consistently in 11.4's, then wet/snow mode got me in 11.3's and eventually the 11.2's.

I am back June 16th, to test the RAM AIR stuff properly I've done and get tyre pressures correct and hope its not too busy, fingers crossed for an 11.1

Old 05-10-2018, 01:45 PM
SVR
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Comparing my best E.T. and trap speed when stock, the tune and downpipes net a 0.122 second and 3.4 MPH gain at the same track. There was also a marked improvement in 1/8 and 1/4 MPH delta, the most significant datapoint on a time slip which removes as many variables as possible. Overall, I'm very happy with the results from both the car and the VAP bits.

Every track is different. A buddy with a 488 which does 10.7-10.8 at 135 MPH in LA was only running 11.1-11.2 @ 130-131 last night. Other cars I've had would consistently go 2 tenths and 2 MPH better at a different track another hour away, and there are some tracks known to be even slower. I focus more on delta.