F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar's future

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 07:12 PM
Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Jaguar's future

i like the look of the concept car but if THIS is the guy that is responsible for the dumbing-down of the 2021 F Type design, i'm not going to hold my breath.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...elegant-future

Old 04-28-2020, 07:21 PM
Received 2,626 Likes on 1,810 Posts

JLR, just like all other vehicle manufacturers, must come to terms with a drastically changed vehicle sales and service environment moving forward. The primary objective is to create vehicle sales within the demographic age and income groups most likely to purchase a Jaguar. The 'retro' look of the X200/202 and the X350/358, while appealing to traditional Jaguar buyers, did not appeal to a younger audience who chose to purchase one of the 'cool' German marques with better 'infotainment' systems. Thus a new direction for styling for the Jaguar brand since many of the potential purchasers don't relate to cars from the 1950s and 1960s.

I personally feel the restyled X152 brings it into a 'family' appearance shared with other Jaguar models, something virtually every other luxury brand does. Of course styling is a very personal subject with beauty being in the eye of the beholder.

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 11:09 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by uclabrruin1989
i like the look of the concept car but if THIS is the guy that is responsible for the dumbing-down of the 2021 F Type design, i'm not going to hold my breath.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...elegant-future
I agree the article seems to be saying, "Look, here is an artist's rendition of a super cool car. Now, look at the real world ugly car this experienced guy designed. It isn't so bad, is it?"

Old 05-01-2020, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 171 Posts

Jaguar's "Future" will not be with Tata. (You better hope some other type of well-heeled entity buys it, and that they are willing to go deep into their own pockets to keep it afloat.)

A soon as the economy restarts in any reasonable fashion, the Jaguar brand will be on the sales block. Tata will be quite eager to hang out a for-sale sign on it and drop this "anchor".

Old 05-02-2020, 03:17 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

I don't think Tata is going to let them go. JLR brings prestige to Tata. I think they will partner with a big player for capital, but keep control.

The following 2 users liked this post by JacksonvilleJag:
scm (05-02-2020), SinF (05-02-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 05:19 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

I think rumours of the death of Jaguar are a little premature ....

JacksonvilleJag (05-02-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by scm
I think rumours of the death of Jaguar are a little premature ....
It's about the death of the Jaguar customer. We're rationing meat, here. No eggs. Officially 51M unemployed of 132M total tax returns. The FDIC is pleading with people to stop withdrawing emergency cash to keep banks standing. Hey honey, lets go buy a Jag!

Last edited by RacerX; 05-02-2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:31 AM

My '20 F Pace SVR was literally delivered about 2 hours ago...I'm still alive!

The following 2 users liked this post by JacksonvilleJag:
Burt Gummer (05-02-2020), SinF (05-02-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
My '20 F Pace SVR was literally delivered about 2 hours ago...I'm still alive!
Way to go!
Time for a tune and a pulley.

Old 05-02-2020, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
It's about the death of the Jaguar customer. We're rationing meat, here. No eggs. Officially 51M unemployed of 132M total tax returns. The FDIC is pleading with people to stop withdrawing emergency cash to keep banks standing.
I am glad I don't live in a third world country where things like that happening. Here everyone is on a lockdown, teleworking and grocery stores fully stocked. Sure, some people have hard time due to job losses, but the government stepped in and increased and extended unemployment benefits. Yes, bad times may be around the corner - unemployment may remain high after lockdown, inflation may ramp up, stock market and housing market may collapse... all of these are hypothetical not actual problems as of today.

Today I had a conversation with my spouse about buying another sports car. My main concern and reservation is where to park it. We also looked at commercial properties, see if it is feasible to get something in the area so I can store my cars closer.

A Jaguar would have been on the list if they had something exciting to offer. I already have an F-type, don't need a second one. Thinking about putting money down on C8 Z06, but it is an automatic... New 911 also looks good.

Last edited by SinF; 05-02-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:43 AM

LOL, I'll hold off on the tune for the SVR. It only has 14 miles on it and it's the wife's car. She thinks it's too fast after only having it for a couple of hours. I'll let her get used to the step up from her S. I will however be getting a pulley and tune for the V8S...

Old 05-02-2020, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

As for Jaguar folding, they will probably be followed or preceded by many companies over the next couple years. Read VW sales were down 42% for the quarter and VW Group is #1.

RacerX - A good strategy if you have cash in a (useless, non interest-paying bank) is to spread it out via EFT. For instance, even if you are not interested in buying stocks, open an account at Ameritrade or other place and transfer. Much easier than going to your bank and asking for cash. They treat you like a crazy person.

For those that didn't get the memo, banks can hold ZERO reserves now. The FDIC is WAY underfunded to 'insure' your money. Bank runs can/will be devastating as will be the eventual hyperinflation.
Another option is to move to physical precious metals. Wait for dips and grab some at APMEX or other places, also via EFT or mailed check. My recent silver purchase is already up 20%, as in dumb luck.

Seen most of this coming many years ago. It isn't Covid. The virus was just a tiny pin that came along and punctured the gigantic balloon, debt-base, make-nothing, service, fiat economy. I mentioned EFT because it is something anyone can do in minutes from their computer. The hard core truth is if someone can steal your savings/assets away with a keyboard stroke, count on it, they will. Personally I'd rather have possession of a physical asset. If that is a car or a shovel, fine by me. If it is in my possession at least you must come and take it.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 05-02-2020 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
As for Jaguar folding, they will probably be followed or preceded by many companies over the next couple years. Read VW sales were down 42% for the quarter and VW Group is #1.

RacerX - A good strategy if you have cash in a (useless, non interest-paying bank) is to spread it out via EFT. For instance, even if you are not interested in buying stocks, open an account at Ameritrade or other place and transfer. Much easier than going to your bank and asking for cash. They treat you like a crazy person.

For those that didn't get the memo, banks can hold ZERO reserves now. The FDIC is WAY underfunded to 'insure' your money. Bank runs can/will be devastating as will be the eventual hyperinflation.
Another option is to move to physical precious metals. Wait for dips and grab some at APMEX or other places, also via EFT or mailed check. My recent silver purchase is already up 20%, as in dumb luck.

Seen most of this coming many years ago. It isn't Covid. The virus was just a tiny pin that came along and punctured the gigantic balloon, debt-base, make-nothing, service, fiat economy. I mentioned EFT because it is something anyone can do in minutes from their computer. The hard core truth is if someone can steal your savings/assets away with a keyboard stroke, count on it, they will. Personally I'd rather have possession of a physical asset. If that is a car or a shovel, fine by me. If it is in my possession at least you must come and take it.
I have most of my cash back in long calls on inverse financials as of Thursday, after a brief hiatus to side step the Fed's dead cat bounce. Those of us who've been doing this for decades know that Fed action always precedes massive market losses.

As for lending my money to banks, no way, they are under extreme stress with 51M unemployed stopping most bank cash flow and imploding LTV ratios like a meteor strike. And 99.9% of the LTV crater is still undiscovered. IOWs the "assets" which collateralize bank loans aren't worth s**t compared to a few months ago.

Cash is king during deflations and this is the MOAD. The US Treasury created C of I acounts to protect billionaires in 2008, thats a fabulous way to go but takes a few weeks to set up so do not wait. They literally mail you a physical decoder ring.

As bank-printed dollars burn and the Fed pumps gasoline on the fire, spiking protected dollars value about 10x by the time the smoke clears, its easy to get rich just sitting on cash. As you point out, with only 81 cents backing each hundred bucks printed by commercial banks today, successfully protected cash could buy 100x on the back end, this time.

I agree gold will stay on a tear while supermarkets run dry and banks pop like popcorn. But gokd as an insurance policy requires an understanding of price vs. value, which most do not comprehend.

Last edited by RacerX; 05-02-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:20 PM
Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer

I think the families of all those who died and are currently being impacted by COVID might characterize it as slightly more than a tiny pin. I would agree that it didn’t create economically unstable situations, but it is helping to move certain things along on a bullet train and will undoubtedly change many businesses and industries and likely create new ones. That said, having commodities versus finished goods may be good if we resort to trading etc, but if we see hyperinflation, silver or any other metal is only worth what someone is willing to trade for - maybe it’s a wheel barrow full of cash you can sit on hoping the dollar gets better or maybe it’s a case of green beans - hard to say, but there is no “correct strategy” because nobody can tell the future. I know some like to talk about their approach and how awesome it is, but seriously, if I had a method for picking winning lottery tickets, I likely wouldn’t be sharing it and would almost certainly have better things to do than play around on a car forum. Btw, when jaguar implodes, as many seem to be predicting, does the forum go away too? I hope not, I want to get leads on those free cars I’ve been hearing about.

Old 05-02-2020, 02:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gg2684
I think the families of all those who died and are currently being impacted by COVID might characterize it as slightly more than a tiny pin. I would agree that it didn’t create economically unstable situations, but it is helping to move certain things along on a bullet train and will undoubtedly change many businesses and industries and likely create new ones. That said, having commodities versus finished goods may be good if we resort to trading etc, but if we see hyperinflation, silver or any other metal is only worth what someone is willing to trade for - maybe it’s a wheel barrow full of cash you can sit on hoping the dollar gets better or maybe it’s a case of green beans - hard to say, but there is no “correct strategy” because nobody can tell the future. I know some like to talk about their approach and how awesome it is, but seriously, if I had a method for picking winning lottery tickets, I likely wouldn’t be sharing it and would almost certainly have better things to do than play around on a car forum. Btw, when jaguar implodes, as many seem to be predicting, does the forum go away too? I hope not, I want to get leads on those free cars I’ve been hearing about.
I agree it is more than a pin. It has morphed into the mechanism for economic transformation to a centrally managed global economy. But the moves are collapsing in critical ways the central planners could not imagine, which is why communism always fails.

The everything bubble technically burst on Sep 17th, 2019 when the Fed bought $800B in downgraded corporate bonds to remove them from bank balance sheets to transfer the first round of bankers' speculative losses to the taxpayer. Did they really think a measly trillion would make a difference? Clearly they did not comphend the size of the banks collective derrivative market losses, which will easily top $600T when the smoke clears.

I do not believe Jag will survive. No chance. They laid off half their work force the first month of a 30-36 month event. That's a sign of very poor capitalization.

Last edited by RacerX; 05-02-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:16 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Jaguar's Future? The electric XJ says it all. A what 75K luxury sedan with a range of 300 miles. What use is it.

Old 05-02-2020, 04:26 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Suaro
Jaguar's Future? The electric XJ says it all. A what 75K luxury sedan with a range of 300 miles. What use is it.
Well, if you want a fast, luxurious, silent limo ....

Old 05-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
I do not believe Jag will survive. No chance. They laid off half their work force the first month of a 30-36 month event. That's a sign of very poor capitalization.
They haven't laid off half their staff, they have furloughed them. The workers stay at home and the UK government is picking up 80% of their wages (up to £2,500 a month) rather than Jaguar paying them. Jaguar have then chosen to top up their salaries to 100% during April.

Once production starts again they will just carry on their jobs (assuming there is work for them).

It is a very common government policy and has happened here in New Zealand as well.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,246 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by u102768
They haven't laid off half their staff, they have furloughed them. The workers stay at home and the UK government is picking up 80% of their wages (up to £2,500 a month) rather than Jaguar paying them. Jaguar have then chosen to top up their salaries to 100% during April.

Once production starts again they will just carry on their jobs (assuming there is work for them).

It is a very common government policy and has happened here in New Zealand as well.
And there are similar governmental programmes in Canada (and elsewhere) to deal with the serious financial effects of this pandemic. Many of the doomsday comments made have reference only to the state of the American economy and society....is it unwelcome to say that this is an international forum and that other countries have been and are better managed (in so many ways) and that the US experience is not the universal one? And Jaguar has survived other crises in its long life...it will survive this one too.

SinF (05-03-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sov211
And there are similar governmental programmes in Canada (and elsewhere) to deal with the serious financial effects of this pandemic. Many of the doomsday comments made have reference only to the state of the American economy and society....is it unwelcome to say that this is an international forum and that other countries have been and are better managed (in so many ways) and that the US experience is not the universal one? And Jaguar has survived other crises in its long life...it will survive this one too.
Trust me, its doomsday. IMO the UK is the epicenter of the PC mentality that took the world down and are in no better shape than the US. The EU is even more socialized than we are, and as such are voluntarily dependent on used-to-be free economies. Unwelcome makes no sense. Who would welcome doomsday? This panic and power grab has taken a wrecking ball to Jag and every make. They have zero chance with 51M US unemployed on the books, and the national EPI survey concluding 6/10 unemployed have yet to file.

The amazing thing to watch is the economic crackdown accelerating, not lightening, on a path craving more overt virtue signaling, alone.

Last edited by RacerX; 05-02-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Jaguar's future