F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jcna discount on f-type coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default jcna discount on f-type coupe

Hello, I read in another post that Jaguar has a $2500 JCNA discount on f-type coupes now through the end of the year.

What if I ordered the car a few months ago but have not yet received the car or paid for it? I'm due to receive the car and pay for it in mid-august.

Can I still apply the JCNA discount to the purchase price since I have not yet signed the final lease paperwork? I don't think they have even run my credit yet.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Doesn't matter when the car was ordered. The discount is available when you take delivery of the car as long as it's within the promotional period. Of course you must be a member of JCNA.

Further info is in the my original thread - JCNA DISCOUNT.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:28 PM

I've spoken to a few people at the Jaguar hotline, trying to get some sort of official documentation to provide to the dealer for the JCNA discount.

The last person I spoke to at the Jaguar hotline told me that JCNA is a 3rd party organization with no official affiliation to Jaguar as a company and that all dealers are independently owned and operated so they would decide if they wanted to give the discount.

Since my dealer told me that he had never heard of JCNA and since the folks at the Jaguar hotline are not giving me any support for a JCNA discount it looks like I won't be able to take advantage of the JCNA discount for my upcoming F-Type coupe purchase.

I recommend asking the dealer if they will honor the JCNA discount before singing up for JCNA unless you want to sign up to JCNA for other reasons besides the supposed discount.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

I know from experience that's JLR's customer service center in the US is absolutely hopeless. Don't worry, your dealer will be aware and can process. The club rebate comes from Jaguar itself, and your dealer should know what to do to process it. There's nothing coming out of their pocket so they have no reason not to promote it and leverage it.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:02 PM

@swa - that's why I called the jlr hotline in the first place. because my dealer had never heard of jcna and seemed opposed to honoring any type of jcna discount.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:06 PM

Someone at the dealer should know... If they don't, not only are their customers not getting the benefit of generally available marketing dollars, they (or at least your sales guy) probably have no business selling Jaguars....

I think there is a link on the Jaguar club homepage that talks about the rebate. Based on what I saw at my dealer, there are also notifications from Jaguar to the dealers with the current programs. There's really no excuse for them to not be all over this.

here's one place to start:

http://www.jcna.com/forums/view.php?...ead=8207&Vref=

Last edited by swajames; 07-11-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
@swa - that's why I called the jlr hotline in the first place. because my dealer had never heard of jcna and seemed opposed to honoring any type of jcna discount...
Sounds to me like you need to find another dealer then...it was my sales manager who called me to give me the great news about the $2500 discount on all F-Type coupes running till the end of the year...he was truly happy to make that call and extend the discount.

Like swajames stated,this discount does not come from the dealer or effect the deal in any way so there is absolutely no reason not to honor it if you're a member of JCNA in good standing.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

My dealer said he never heard of it either. Smh

Old 07-11-2014, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
My dealer said he never heard of it either. Smh
@buick - main problem is that the jlr hotline claims no affiliation with jcna. car has already been ordered from the dealer so looks like I won't be getting the jcna discount.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:32 PM

Jag guy, the hotline is misleading and confusing you. It's nothing to do with any affiliation. There's simply a program in place between JLRNA and the Jaguar club, just as there is with BMW, MB and other marques with similar programs. Just like it is with the Jaguar club, it's the BMWCCA administers the equivalent BMW rebate program, for example. Seriously, all you have to do is get the dealer to stop dicking you around and *read the materials they get from Jaguar outlining the program*. if they don't play ball you just need to do the deal elsewhere. This is a national recognized program that ALL dealers should be fully aware of.

Last edited by swajames; 07-11-2014 at 05:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by swajames:
Dremorg (07-11-2014), LynxFX (07-11-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 07:38 PM

The GM at my dealership had not heard of JCNA either. He said I'm the first person who's ask him about it. He asked it I would email him some info about it. I did. I told him in the email if a dealer had questions they were suppose to call the 800 number for Retail Ops.
He emailed me back that he had verified the program.
Sounds like you have a lazy person you are dealing with.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:42 PM

@buick - main problem is that the jlr hotline claims no affiliation with jcna. car has already been ordered from the dealer so looks like I won't be getting the jcna discount.
Since the program is authorized by JLR in conjunction with JCNA the dealership you are buying from has no choice but to comply. If you are still told no by the GM, I suggest you contact the Regional JLR Rep.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 PM

How can I find out who the regional JLR rep is and his/her contact info? I live in Seattle. And can someone please confirm that this does not impact the dealer's commission? I think that was probably part of his apprehension and I would like to be able to assure him that this will not impact his commission.

Also, I'm guessing this deal must be documented somewhere. Does anyone have access to this particular documentation? It will make my job a lot easier if I can provide official documented proof to the dealer and let him followup based on that. I forwarded him the url below but I don't think he believed it was legit.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PD2911
Sounds like you have a lazy person you are dealing with...
Totally agree 100%.

OP,you need to have them do the legwork,not you. Any reputable dealer will know about these programs and will honor them knowing full well it will NOT change their deal,commission or earnings in any way,shape or form...you having to fight them on this doesn't bode well for your future dealings with them...just saying as a heads-up.

Good luck!

Old 07-11-2014, 09:17 PM

How can I find out who the regional JLR rep is and his/her contact info? I live in Seattle. And can someone please confirm that this does not impact the dealer's commission? I think that was probably part of his apprehension and I would like to be able to assure him that this will not impact his commission.

Also, I'm guessing this deal must be documented somewhere. Does anyone have access to this particular documentation? It will make my job a lot easier if I can provide official documented proof to the dealer and let him followup based on that. I forwarded him the url below but I don't think he believed it was legit.
I'm not sure about finding info in the regional rep, maybe someone else will know and respond to that.

This DOES NOT affect the money the dealer makes. The $2500.00 is reimbursed to the dealer from Jag corporate. You provide the dealer with your JCNA member number and/or card. The dealer calls JRL gives them your number they give the dealer a PIN they assign to you. The dealer will need this PIN to collect the reimbursement. The dealer gives you a form to complete. The dealer keeps the form and your JCNA info in the deal packet.

The JCNA website states if the dealer has questions they are to call the 800 number for Retail Operations. Which is what the GM from my dealership did.

There is no reason you should not be given the discount if you meet all the requirements to qualify for it!

The following users liked this post:
buickfunnycar.com (07-11-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PD2911
I'm not sure about finding info in the regional rep, maybe someone else will know and respond to that.

This DOES NOT affect the money the dealer makes. The $2500.00 is reimbursed to the dealer from Jag corporate. You provide the dealer with your JCNA member number and/or card. The dealer calls JRL gives them your number they give the dealer a PIN they assign to you. The dealer will need this PIN to collect the reimbursement. The dealer gives you a form to complete. The dealer keeps the form and your JCNA info in the deal packet.

The JCNA website states if the dealer has questions they are to call the 800 number for Retail Operations. Which is what the GM from my dealership did.

There is no reason you should not be given the discount if you meet all the requirements to qualify for it!
You said it better than I...

Old 07-11-2014, 10:44 PM

@PD - You mention that I should ask the dealer to call JLR and if they have any questions then they should call the 800 # for Retail Operations.

So when I'm talking to the GM should I ask him to call the "dealer hotline"? Is there a dealer hotline that exists separately from the Retail Operations hotline? Or should I simply refer the GM directly to the Retail Operations hotline?

Can anyone here give me the full phone number to the Retail Operations hotline? Just in case the GM tells me that he doesn't know what I'm referring to. Also, can someone please give me the name and contact info for another GM that I can refer my GM to if necessary? I think it's another angle that I may be able to use because my GM will most likely be influenced by one his peers.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
You said it better than I...

Old 07-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member

@PD - You mention that I should ask the dealer to call JLR and if they have any questions then they should call the 800 # for Retail Operations.

So when I'm talking to the GM should I ask him to call the "dealer hotline"? Is there a dealer hotline that exists separately from the Retail Operations hotline? Or should I simply refer the GM directly to the Retail Operations hotline?

Can anyone here give me the full phone number to the Retail Operations hotline? Just in case the GM tells me that he doesn't know what I'm referring to. Also, can someone please give me the name and contact info for another GM that I can refer my GM to if necessary? I think it's another angle that I may be able to use because my GM will most likely be influenced by one his peers.
Edited...

Last edited by buickfunnycar.com; 07-12-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:08 PM

The JCNA website refers dealers to the 800 number for Retail Ops. That what I told my GM and he knew what I was talking about.

Hopefully someone will come along that can address the other part of your post.

Just remember this dealer isn't doing you any favors. You are the one purchasing from him. He is benefiting from your purchase. You don't have to be timid about asking him to find out what he needs to know about the discount. It is his job to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase experience at that dealership. You are in the drivers seat literally and figuratively.

Quick Reply: jcna discount on f-type coupe