Old 07-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Phil Boegel
Sales Manager/San Jose British Motors
Silver Certified Sales Manager
38 years Jaguar Experience
(408) 246-7600 ext 221

Hope this helps you,shouldn't be this difficult...
There ya go --- Buick is right it should not be this difficult for you!

Old 07-12-2014, 12:38 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
There ya go --- Buick is right it should not be this difficult for you!
thanks buick. can you provide phil's email address? I'd like to send him the info in an email before I call him to give him a heads up and so he'll have the info as a reference when my gm calls him.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
thanks buick. can you provide phil's email address? I'd like to send him the info in an email before I call him to give him a heads up and so he'll have the info as a reference when my gm calls him...
edited...

Last edited by buickfunnycar.com; 07-12-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Jag guy, to be blunt, you should not have to be doing this legwork. A dealer who is letting $2500 of free money from a nationally available manufacturer-funded program fall of the table is either incompetent or dishonest. You can't be the first customer who has raised this, and you can't be the first customer who hasn't been made aware of the program.

Are you sure you want to buy a car from these buffoons? Are there no other dealers you could talk to?

Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by swajames
Jag guy, to be blunt, you should not have to be doing this legwork. A dealer who is letting $2500 of free money from a nationally available manufacturer-funded program fall of the table is either incompetent or dishonest. You can't be the first customer who has raised this, and you can't be the first customer who hasn't been made aware of the program.

Are you sure you want to buy a car from these buffoons? Are there no other dealers you could talk to?
My point exactly...post #14 https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...1/#post1013115

Old 07-12-2014, 11:24 AM

I just received a response from the VP of JCNA to my inquiry about the $2500.00 on the coupe. He has no info from JLRNA as to this discount. He stated their last info excluded the coupe.

@buick - can you check with your SM and get a Sales Bulletin number that I can reference to my GM? Maybe that will help clear up some of the confusion. TIA

Old 07-12-2014, 11:45 AM

Just sent an email to the GM at the dealership where I ordered my car. I included all of the facts from this thread in a concise e-mail which seems compelling. I also sent an e-mail to Phil as a heads up. Will post an update to this thread with the final outcome.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

This is starting to get crazy. I went to the dealer this morning. He says he knows nothing about any discount but if I'm eligible for it, I'll get it. I gave him my membership number & he's supposed to get back to me on Monday. Smh

Old 07-12-2014, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
This is starting to get crazy. I went to the dealer this morning. He says he knows nothing about any discount but if I'm eligible for it, I'll get it. I gave him my membership number & he's supposed to get back to me on Monday. Smh
Through my correspondence with JCNA I have been told every dealer receives
Sales Bulletins from JLR. The dealers would have been made aware of any discount for active JCNA members through the Sales Bulletins. I was told we should ask the SM or GM at the dealership we are working with to check those bulletins. If there is info on a coupe discount they will find it.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:37 PM

Through my correspondence with JCNA I have been told every dealer receives
Sales Bulletins from JLR. The dealers would have been made aware of any discount for active JCNA members through the Sales Bulletins. I was told we should ask the SM or GM at the dealership we are working with to check those bulletins. If there is info on a coupe discount they will find it.
It would really help if someone could get a hold of the physical sales bulletin that has the specific details of the $2500 coupe discount for JCNA members and then scan it and post it to this forum. I think this would save a lot of customers and dealerships a lot of time and hassle because it seems like my scenario is not an isolated one.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:43 PM

With the info coming through Sales Bulletins to the dealers directly from JLR all the dealers should be aware and knowledgable of the program and any discounts.
? ? ?

Old 07-12-2014, 02:08 PM

I can only speculate about the cause of this issue.

Maybe salesguys at some local dealerships receive a periodic bonus based on total $ amount of sales. Therefore, even though the discount amount is fairly small, it still impacts the salesguys compensation in a small way so some salesguys are reluctant to acknowledge or give the discount.

Maybe some salesguys are put off by internet know-it-alls who think they know the business better than they do. After all, I'm guessing that a lot of jag dealers are older conservative guys and the new jag f type is attracting a new demographic - younger (under 40), internet savvy and more modern/moderate.

Maybe the concept of JCNA discounts are relatively new, for example, introduced in the last 1-2 years, so it's a relatively new concept not yet fully understood, trusted or adopted by dealerships?

Maybe the sales bulletin process is not well executed. For example, maybe it's difficult to navigate to this information on the dealer website or maybe it's not readily available to the dealer without having to call Retail Operations, which is an additional step/hassle that the dealer may want to avoid.

This issue could be caused by 0 to many of these factors or some other factor(s). However, this is definitely an issue because it has been reported by multiple people on this thread.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:19 PM

OK - - - This is the verified info emailed to me a few minutes ago by dealership GM:

There is a discount program on the F-Type V6 Coupe * The program began in July and goes through September 30 * The discount is $2500.00 * It is listed as Private Discount Program (it did not specify JCNA)

Maybe buick can confirm with his SM the JCNA membership requirement and if it will be extended to December 31.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the details my dealer provided. He has already submitted my number, received the PIN for the discount and also sent me a copy of the PIN document.

From Dealer:
If you provide me with your membership number, I will submit the request form to get your PIN number. The PIN will authorize us to claim the $2,500 discount. The $2,500 is good through the end of September. I spoke with Jaguar this morning specifically about this program and they told me to submit your name, address, telephone number, email address and current membership number and that they would send me a redemption form with your PIN. I will have the form here for you to sign when you pick up the F-Type.

Once PIN was received he stated the following:
I received your PIN for the $2500 incentive this morning. I have printed a copy for your file and am forwarding a copy to you as well.

The PIN document received after he submitted contains the following.

Title: Organization and Corporate Events Program PIN Verification Form

Jaguar Section:
PIN: XXXXX
DATE: 7-10-14
APPROVED BY: M. Dailey
PIN EXPIRATION DATE: 9-30-14

Customer Section:
Details about me

Dealer Section:
Details about the Dealer

Old 07-12-2014, 04:43 PM

Yes, that is the way I understood it to work. Unfortunately my F-Type won't arrive until November. My GM said he would call about getting me locked in since my order has already been placed.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:46 PM

With the info coming through Sales Bulletins to the dealers directly from JLR all the dealers should be aware and knowledgable of the program and any discounts.
? ? ?
Exactly. Oh & another thing I forgot to mention...my salesman said the discount would be taxed.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:50 PM

So this discount is for all coupes or just the V6?

Old 07-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe buick can confirm with his SM the JCNA membership requirement and if it will be extended to December 31...
OK...I spoke with my SM and he confirmed the program runs through the end of the year...he knows this because he knows how to check these things and what to look for...and his word is good enough for me.

He also told me he's fully aware that most other dealers do not know how to check for these programs and that they are not on top of this stuff and so he keeps information like this to himself and his clients and uses it as his secret weapon if you will to drive his own business and doesn't really feel like enlightening the other dealers, this is his edge and this is how he gains customer trust. Like I stated previously,as soon as I spoke with him,I knew I was in good hands dealing with him and his staff and he has proven that so far with his rather keen insight and updated communication.

Just to be fair to him,I have deleted his contact info and phone number that I posted previously,obviously he'd rather not help other lazy or incompetent dealers make sales based on his knowledge and would rather drive their customers to his dealership where his experience and professionalism closes deals...makes perfectly good sense to me and I hope it does to you guys too,thanks for your understanding.

To repeat...the program runs through the 3rd & 4th quarter which means it runs until 12/31.

The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (07-12-2014)
Old 07-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member

Exactly. Oh & another thing I forgot to mention...my salesman said the discount would be taxed.
Having been in the car business,this is common practice...I would have been shocked if it wasn't taxed...all rebates/discounts are.

Dremorg (07-12-2014)
Old 07-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

So this discount is for all coupes or just the V6..?
I want to say all Coupes...but I cannot be certain.
However,if I was a betting man,I'd say all Coupes.

Dremorg (07-12-2014)

Quick Reply: jcna discount on f-type coupe