F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCNA incentive - cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JCNA incentive - cancelled

apparently, the JCNA incentive program has been cancelled as of 9/1/2015 - due to "over usage". At least that's what I've been told...

can anyone else confirm this?

they still do take other incentive programs but not the JCNA one.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 588 Likes on 401 Posts

Interesting. They should be so lucky. My guess is that they don't want to compound the new price cuts with the discount.

Old 09-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectson

apparently, the JCNA incentive program has been cancelled as of 9/1/2015 - due to "over usage". At least that's what I've been told...

can anyone else confirm this?

they still do take other incentive programs but not the JCNA one.
Where did you hear this? JCNA has not been informed of this by Jaguar.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Where did you hear this? JCNA has not been informed of this by Jaguar.

I tried using the incentive at one dealership and they told me it was cancelled, they showed me .pdf of it being cancelled.

I then went to another dealership and asked and they also stated the same.

I also emailed JCNA about it and was given this answer:

The existing program was abruptly ended on September 1st.

A different program is possible in the future, but not anticipated immediately.​

Old 09-06-2015, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by uncheel
Interesting. They should be so lucky. My guess is that they don't want to compound the new price cuts with the discount.
The recently announced price cuts don't apply to the F-Type. The price cut announcement does apply to every other Jaguar model, but the text specifically excluded the F-Type. The prices on F-Types after the announcement are the same as they were when the 16s were introduced last spring. The MSRP of all models went up because they made certain previous options standard on various models, and they added 5 years of oil changes, along with an extra year of warranty. In some sense, many customers wanting the car are forced to pay considerably more now since they are now forced to take options they may not want.

Perhaps the JCNA discount cancellation means F-Type sales are up. There certainly don't seem to be as many in stock at dealers as there were a year ago, and dealers seem to be much stingier in negotiations on 16s right now.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

I wonder if this means orders placed before September 1st are eligible for the discount? If not, I will be seriously annoyed as I already spent the $2,500.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

One of the reasons might be that the program was not used by the people it was intended for. Members on this forum used it as a way to get an extra discount as most if not all were not members of the local JCNA Club before they found out about the discount. I have posted before when the topic has come up & forum members were surprised that some dealers were unaware of the program. As I have said in the past very few actual JCNA members buy new cars.

The following users liked this post:
Foosh (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
One of the reasons might be that the program was not used by the people it was intended for. Members on this forum used it as a way to get an extra discount as most if not all were not members of the local JCNA Club before they found out about the discount. I have posted before when the topic has come up & forum members were surprised that some dealers were unaware of the program. As I have said in the past very few actual JCNA members buy new cars.

that's the exact response i received from the dealer

although i spent $ on membership in order to qualify , i mean from an investment standpoint it makes sense (spend up to $100 for $2500)

it's annoying because September is usually one of the worse months to buy cars...

Old 09-06-2015, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Robgodius
I wonder if this means orders placed before September 1st are eligible for the discount? If not, I will be seriously annoyed as I already spent the $2,500.
Unfortunately, date of delivery is the determining factor. Between the postings here and on the JCNA forums, the word of this discount must have gone viral.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
I suspect you nailed it. I bought my car well before I even knew about this forum, but there has been much discussion here about signing up with JCNA just to get the discount, along with detailed instructions on whom to call to get your number almost instantly. Obviously, the accounting staff would have seen an uptick in JCNA discounts, and they probably tracked it right back here, as well as perhaps to other forums.

I would be shocked if they weren't reading this forum. Most other manufacturers keep tabs on the large forums for their respective marques. Quite frankly, I felt it was an abuse of the program's intent, which was to promote brand loyalty, and the blame really falls on JCNA for allowing it to happen.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-06-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:13 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

It sucks that the discount is over but I must say that it helped tip me over into buying the F-Type. So in that way it created a new customer. It gave JCNA exposure, got new people into Jaguars, and saved some people a few bucks. Win, Win, Win.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LynxFX
It sucks that the discount is over but I must say that it helped tip me over into buying the F-Type. So in that way it created a new customer. It gave JCNA exposure, got new people into Jaguars, and saved some people a few bucks. Win, Win, Win.
I'm pretty sure they ran the numbers, and decided it was a "win" for everyone except the company. There were plenty of new people getting into the F-Type without the discount. Supply seems to be more in synch with demand, they excluded F-Types from the recent price cuts, the supply of 14-15s is dwindling, and there isn't any deep discounting going on right now on 16s.

I don't blame them for revoking JCNA's license to give instant discounts, since they were being handed out like free vacations at a time-share resort. If I were running the company, I'd reserve that decision for my management team and myself.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-07-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 980 Likes on 731 Posts

I was going to buy, and had already placed my order before hearing about the JCNA rebate. It looks like that makes me part of the problem. I'm "that guy."

There were other things that won me over though: the car, of course, but also the dealer, and Jaguar NA, with the Drive Alive event.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:35 AM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
There were other things that won me over though: the car, of course, but also the dealer, and Jaguar NA, with the Drive Alive event.
It probably cost Jaguar more to put on the Drive Alive event than all of the JCNA rebates put together.

I doubt they lost any money over it. The money going into Jaguar doesn't end when you pick up your vehicle.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I was going to buy, and had already placed my order before hearing about the JCNA rebate. It looks like that makes me part of the problem. I'm "that guy."

in the same boat here

while i can afford the car, $2500 makes it a more palatable decision

Old 09-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

One should never underestimate the ability of a "struggling" auto company to alienate future buyers.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SoCalJagS
One should never underestimate the ability of a "struggling" auto company to alienate future buyers.
Huh? I would have guessed you of all people would have been a champion of the capitalist system--supply and demand, where the free market drives pricing.

If you're not selling enough cars and have excess supply, you put on sales, add incentives, or discount in some way. If your sales are hitting targets that match your production plans, you let previous discounts expire. JLR has decided to not cut F-Type pricing, while cutting prices on every other model, so there's obviously a reason for that.

Virtually all manufacturers operate that way, but reserve that decision for themselves based upon sales performance and supply from quarter-to-quarter. I've never seen one allow a "car club" to hand them out ad infinitum.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

I have to agree that you only discount with an incentive right of the top, like the $2500, which drops right to bottom line, when a brand has issues moving units. Seems that the F-Type doesn't have this issue, and therefore no reason to "sell on price", but rather "value". If Uptime, yields and flexibility at the factory are successfully meeting or exceeding targets, then no need to give away a dollar, let alone $2500 of them. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,598 Likes on 859 Posts

While I always "do the right thing", who wouldn't want the greatest discount on...well...anything? (Besides, it's not like JLR is a "mom and pop" shop; in which case I actually prefer paying full price!).

Old 09-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 212 Likes on 189 Posts

The only place Jag is struggling is US! They brought it upon themselves by shorting XF's last year and early this year. It is their biggest seller. I'm sure they are pretty happy with F Type especially the prices on the R's! They spent their money on LR and are getting a big number world wide and 50k in US! They were never going to out sell the whole Porsche line, but their sports car don't really sell in large numbers . Porsche is the most profitable car company. If you are a LR/Jag combo store you are probably pretty happy.

Quick Reply: JCNA incentive - cancelled