Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jealous people?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 02:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by marcw
Traffic laws are violated by pretty much everyone no matter the car.

I wonder if other owners have encountered such judgment before. I'm quite befuddled.
HERE is the problem. You apparently disregard the law. It actually sounds like you may have put her or her family in REAL danger and your trying to blow it off and take issue with her.

I actually had hoped that you are a troll rather than that you ACTUALLY think that what you did is "just fine" and that others are the problem. YOU & your attitude are THE problem. Oh & be a bit more careful making those illegal U-Turns because next time the chick you cut off may end up T-Bone-ing your F-Type rather than stepping on the breaks to avoid you.

Last edited by ndabunka; 04-08-2018 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Received 170 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by ndabunka
HERE is the problem. You apparently disregard the law. It actually sounds like you may have put her or her family in REAL danger and your trying to blow it off and take issue with her.

I actually had hoped that you are a troll rather than that you ACTUALLY think that what you did is "just fine" and that others are the problem. YOU & your attitude are THE problem. Oh & be a bit more careful making those illegal U-Turns because next time the chick you cut off may end up T-Bone-ing your F-Type rather than stepping on the breaks to avoid you.
I wouldn't advise coming to Raleigh then because some idiot, usually in a Honda or Toyota violates a traffic law about every fifty feet.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by MV Rider
I wouldn't advise coming to Raleigh then because some idiot, usually in a Honda or Toyota violates a traffic law about every fifty feet.
The fact that some people routinely choose not to adhere to traffic laws does not justify their actions, regardless of demographic or vehicle.

Personally, I try to leave my scofflaw activity to disregard of limit signs when it is reasonably safe to do so (ie. not in a populated area).

The following users liked this post:
ndabunka (04-09-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by malbec
I had the opposite the other day. A guy followed me into a gas station. When I returned to the car after paying he was all over me with questions and praise for the car. Said he’d been following me for a couple of miles and loved the look of the car.
He didn’t want gas, just wanted to “gas”
I had a similar sort of thing coming out of a fast-food joint sharing space with a gas station...I think he was actually getting gas, but I come out with my to-go order and see him sort of standing behind the car going from side to side. Nothing nefarious, just an admirer...and as long as they look but don't touch, they are welcome to the looking.

ndabunka (04-09-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

The F-type gets noticed even in major metropolitan areas. That means I drive very carefully. I stop at right turns, and stay within what I think the tolerance is.

As to stereotypes, they are of course wrong, but I do think that most of the people driving expensive BMWs behave like jerks. Now did you want to know what I think of cyclists?

ndabunka (04-09-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Suaro
The F-type gets noticed even in major metropolitan areas. That means I drive very carefully. I stop at right turns, and stay within what I think the tolerance is.

As to stereotypes, they are of course wrong, but I do think that most of the people driving expensive BMWs behave like jerks. Now did you want to know what I think of cyclists?
I am a cyclist myself and probably feel the same as you about most others. They think nothing of running red lights and stop signs.

ndabunka (04-09-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Dear Sir,

Since you were obviously there and whitenessed what transpired you of course have the right to judge me on the almighty Internet however you see fit. Don’t you wish you could waterboard me for my heinous crimes?

PS: You missed the point of my original post entirely. Not that you care.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by marcw
Dear Sir,

Since you were obviously there and whitenessed what transpired you of course have the right to judge me on the almighty Internet however you see fit. Don’t you wish you could waterboard me for my heinous crimes?

PS: You missed the point of my original post entirely. Not that you care.
LOL - It was actually you missing the point that the person you were SO UPSET about was probably justified in their POV.

You DID come across looking like a dick to her (and your post is re-enforcing that perception for many of us here on the forum as well). IMHO you should have taken it as a learning opportunity rather than taking a position that "other people's" attitudes are an issue. After all, YOU admitted that you screwed up in making an illegal turn so NO, she did not "over react". Just own up to it and quit trying to blame other people for pointing out your failures. The attitude adjustment needed to rectify this situation lays 100% on YOU, not on her or those like her.

Obviously the last remark about her potentially T-boning your car was an attempt at humor which, unsurprisingly, few over your head.
Oh well, next time try to learn from your mistakes or be doomed to repeat it again possibly, as she intelligently point out, in full view of a law officer.

Many of us grew up poorer than those around us. I think my first car was a 15 year old beat up sedan I bought for $600 saved up from mowing people lawns. Just because we have "earned" our cars doesn't make us any "better" than others to the point that we can disregard traffic laws based on which ones we care to acknowledge. You DO come across (to me and likely others) as a person that would also drive 80MPH down a residential road because you feel that you have EARNED the right to do that. Hopefully, that is not your true nature but a post ranting about someone "calling you out" for what DOES seem justifiable, simply re-enforces that perception.

It seems like you thought that you could rant on this forum and get support. Sorry dude, but that's not happening from all of us. Some are going to stand up for the chick calling you out and hope that, eventually, you will take it like a man & acknowledge that perhaps you shoudl head her words rather than stew over them.

The fact that you were befuddled by her note and position leaves most of us on this forum... befuddled.

Last edited by ndabunka; 04-09-2018 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

OP - If it were me, I'd have crumpled up the note after the second sentence and tossed it. I don't give a rat's rear about some fool leaving a note on my windshield and then running away to hide. The assumption that you actually broke the law is just that, an assumption. If I had a buck for every time someone pulled an asshat move while driving and then yelled at me as though I was the one in the wrong, I could write Ratan Tata a check for his company. The world is full of social misfits who despise other people's good fortune and success, with no regard as to how it was acquired. Her note is a clear display of that because if you had been driving a Corolla, she wouldn't have bothered to point out your car, much less leave a note.

As the saying goes, "Jealousy is when you count someone else's blessings instead of your own."

The following 3 users liked this post by green_hornet:
drmrfi (04-09-2018), jetsetter883 (03-19-2021), Sonoman (04-10-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

I think my first car was a 15 year old beat up sedan I bought for $600 saved up from mowing people lawns.
Mine was a $75 Ford Anglia. Didn’t come with a key, so I had to start it with a screwdriver across the solenoid terminals.

ndabunka (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by green_hornet
The world is full of social misfits who despise other people's good fortune and success, with no regard as to how it was acquired. Her note is a clear display of that because if you had been driving a Corolla, she wouldn't have bothered to point out your car, much less leave a note.
I can't make that jump. I would think it quite likely that she would have left the note regardless of what car he was driving. Perhaps the references to the car itself was just way-too-easy color commentary for her. If he was driving an old beat-up Corolla with a missing bumper, she could have just as easily commented about how, being more considerate of others might bring him good fortune and allow him to buy a nicer car. Regardless, it sounds to me like she was angry over a maneuver that she felt put her at risk and all the references to the value of the Jag was just her picking low hanging fruit.

ndabunka (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 02:49 PM
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by woodturner
Regardless, it sounds to me like she was angry over a maneuver that she felt put her at risk and all the references to the value of the Jag was just her picking low hanging fruit.
You might be right, but then, we're speculating, and I maintain there was a sense of angst, so we can agree to disagree.

That said, both of us being from North Texas, I'm sure we've both seen our share of miserable driving. Pickup trucks that do things on LBJ that defy the laws of physics comes to mind...

Old 04-09-2018, 02:52 PM

LBJ?? Isn’t that near Waco?

Old 04-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Wow, three pages and rising for a short note left on a windshield. I was intrigued by the flow of commentary, and so went back and re-read the note. I have no way of knowing the OP or what happened, but I will say I agree with the woman that I think there is a class of individuals (not necessarily including the OP) who drive expensive performance automobiles (read M series) who display a sense of entitlement that comes across as a rudeness and disregard for others. Now I should add I have never associated this class of individuals with Jaguar or F-Types. Jaguar hasn't had a performance car since the end of E-Type production and so there is no recent history of in-your-face i'm hot stuff performance vehicles. Indeed I (if not the person leaving the note) associate Jaguar with tweeds and spaniels and mature courteous conduct.

There I've made this thread even longer.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Suaro
Indeed I (if not the person leaving the note) associate Jaguar with tweeds and spaniels and mature courteous conduct.
I say! Cheerio, my good man !

Old 04-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The fact that you were befuddled by her note and position leaves most of us on this forum... befuddled.
The chronic, sanctimonious drivel on this forum is hilarious. His point wasn't that he was dumbfounded that she could've been mad, it was that she used obscure ad hominem in the process which was more a dig at his ostensible character than his driving.

Entitled people act entitled regardless of their car, income or lot in life. If you choose to notice it more from people with expensive things, that says more about you than it does about them.

Here, I'll play: That woman is the crowing hen that drives 65mph in the left lane (U.S) because "That's the speed limit and no one should be going faster anyway."

Lol.