Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLR Halts Production... again

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgo
Nearly mirrors my recent experience. JLR will start production again but only on the high volume models. From what I'm hearing, they will finish the run of F Types that were already started but then shift over to the electric stuff using this downtime to reconfigure.
Hence why I was suggesting looking for a use SVR.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:18 PM
Cgo
Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahjik
Hence why I was suggesting looking for a use SVR.
I hear ya, but unlike some, I prefer the facelift.

There are quite a few (about 50 coupes) for sale in the US on lots. I'll probably ****** one of those up or wait for a CPO 2021. I just may have to go with a different color as most are white or santorini black.

Old 08-25-2021, 01:38 PM
Received 425 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgo
I hear ya, but unlike some, I prefer the facelift.

There are quite a few (about 50 coupes) for sale in the US on lots. I'll probably ****** one of those up or wait for a CPO 2021. I just may have to go with a different color as most are white or santorini black.
I'm checking in to see if anyone has any new information on the status of Jaguar's plans to resume producing F-Types. My salesman indicated the last time I spoke to him that his superiors were to participate in a conference call with Jaguar executives in mid August, but I've heard nothing.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:28 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by SassySarah
I'm checking in to see if anyone has any new information on the status of Jaguar's plans to resume producing F-Types. My salesman indicated the last time I spoke to him that his superiors were to participate in a conference call with Jaguar executives in mid August, but I've heard nothing.
I just placed an order last Saturday and it was submitted yesterday. I will report back if my order is canceled. I had my sales guy triple check that they were accepting orders and he assured me they were. He said there are a few tricks they use to get orders to go through.
Guess we'll see...

The following users liked this post:
Ken Dreger (08-27-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Fireze22
I just placed an order last Saturday and it was submitted yesterday. I will report back if my order is canceled. I had my sales guy triple check that they were accepting orders and he assured me they were. He said there are a few tricks they use to get orders to go through.
Guess we'll see...
That's interesting and encouraging. Thanks for the reply.

Old 08-26-2021, 06:40 AM

When I sold my 2018 I removed the aftermarket pedal covers (genuine Jaguar parts) and thought I would post them in the marketplace for sale, but the listing won't post; I get an "alert" with no explanation. Any ideas anyone?

Old 08-26-2021, 07:09 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I wonder if some minimum number of posts is required? To PM, you have to have posted 5 (or maybe 10) times, could be something like that.

Old 08-26-2021, 08:14 AM
Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by SassySarah
When I sold my 2018 I removed the aftermarket pedal covers (genuine Jaguar parts) and thought I would post them in the marketplace for sale, but the listing won't post; I get an "alert" with no explanation. Any ideas anyone?
There is a size limit on posts. If you post high resolution photos it can put you over the size limit.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by DJS
I wonder if some minimum number of posts is required? To PM, you have to have posted 5 (or maybe 10) times, could be something like that.
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by cpq100
There is a size limit on posts. If you post high resolution photos it can put you over the size limit.
That shouldn't be it but I'll see if I can find out. There was only one photo showing both pedals and it was taken on an Android at standard settings. I think it's more likely the minimum number of posts thingy, but thanks.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

You can always put the photo on a public internet photo hosting site, and then post the URL here "without" the protocol (i.e. without http:// or https://). It will then post as plain text which readers can then copy and paste into a browser to see. At least most forums work that way. Just disable the "Automatically parse links" option..

Example: mahjik.homestead.com/files/hosting/Alfa/AR_4C_HMP_04.jpg

Old 08-26-2021, 12:18 PM
Cgo

Oops, double post. See below.

Last edited by Cgo; 08-26-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:20 PM
Cgo

Guess we'll see...
So, I called my dealer out. Here is the response:
"My apologies for the misunderstanding, I thought this was conveyed via email. I will gladly take an order for the F-Type. However, they are not producing the vehicles right now, so I cannot guarantee a delivery date, timeline, or if the order will even be filled. We've been seeing orders being cancelled left and right."

Old 08-26-2021, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cgo
So, I called my dealer out. Here is the response:
"My apologies for the misunderstanding, I thought this was conveyed via email. I will gladly take an order for the F-Type. However, they are not producing the vehicles right now, so I cannot guarantee a delivery date, timeline, or if the order will even be filled. We've been seeing orders being cancelled left and right."
Lol... We've "been seeing orders being cancelled left and right." But.. Isn't that exactly what they did to yours? Wtf?

**Also, my dealer would not guarantee a delivery date either. It's estimated at March/April. I knew this going in. It's the world today.

Old 08-26-2021, 02:23 PM
Cgo

Lol... We've "been seeing orders being cancelled left and right." But.. Isn't that exactly what they did to yours? Wtf?

**Also, my dealer would not guarantee a delivery date either. It's estimated at March/April. I knew this going in. It's the world today.
No! Come to find out, they didnt even submit my order! The sales manager kicked it back. Didnt even bother submitting it because they couldn't guarantee delivery.

Ken Dreger (08-27-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cgo
No! Come to find out, they didnt even submit my order! The sales manager kicked it back. Didnt even bother submitting it because they couldn't guarantee delivery.
Wow... Lying on top of everything. Any other dealers in your area?
My sales guy did say he can't even guarantee a car due to everything going on. But if that happens, I get my deposit back. But again, he said they have ways of pushing these orders through.

Ken Dreger (08-27-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 03:09 PM
Cgo

Wow... Lying on top of everything. Any other dealers in your area?
My sales guy did say he can't even guarantee a car due to everything going on. But if that happens, I get my deposit back. But again, he said they have ways of pushing these orders through.
I don't think they were lying. Salesman took the order and fully expected to submit, but once it got to the manager for approval, he halted it. Miscommunication.

Unfortunately I dont have any close by dealerships for Kag, but there is another within an hour and a half away.

Old 08-26-2021, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cgo
I don't think they were lying. Salesman took the order and fully expected to submit, but once it got to the manager for approval, he halted it. Miscommunication.

Unfortunately I dont have any close by dealerships for Kag, but there is another within an hour and a half away.
Oh OK.. I thought I had remembered you finding out about your order cancelation when you called to change colors. That's when they said your order was canceled?
Anyway, it seems your local dealer may be afraid of being stuck with the car should you decide not to purchase it in the end. Especially since they sell more SUV's and seem to be struggling with that?

My nearest dealers are both 3+ hours away. It's good and bad. Definitely makes cars like Porsche and Jag more rare in my area, but should I ever need warranty work...
​​​​​​

Old 08-26-2021, 08:40 PM
Cgo

Oh OK.. I thought I had remembered you finding out about your order cancelation when you called to change colors. That's when they said your order was canceled?
Anyway, it seems your local dealer may be afraid of being stuck with the car should you decide not to purchase it in the end. Especially since they sell more SUV's and seem to be struggling with that?

My nearest dealers are both 3+ hours away. It's good and bad. Definitely makes cars like Porsche and Jag more rare in my area, but should I ever need warranty work...
​​​​​​
Exactly! I called to see if I could change colors and that's when the salesman told me about the order being cancelled due to production shutdown which really turned out that my order didnt make it past the manager. Sounded to me like they didnt want to risk putting an order in for a car that would take forever to get, me lose patience and they'd be stuck with it if it did get delivered.

after I pushed them on the issue, sure, they would submit my order afterall but couldn't guarantee delivery. Said the deposit would be non refundable unless the order was cancelled by JLR. So, if 10 months went by and JLR didnt cancel the order but I backed out, I'd lose my deposit. That doesnt sound right to me either.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cgo
Exactly! I called to see if I could change colors and that's when the salesman told me about the order being cancelled due to production shutdown which really turned out that my order didnt make it past the manager. Sounded to me like they didnt want to risk putting an order in for a car that would take forever to get, me lose patience and they'd be stuck with it if it did get delivered.

after I pushed them on the issue, sure, they would submit my order afterall but couldn't guarantee delivery. Said the deposit would be non refundable unless the order was cancelled by JLR. So, if 10 months went by and JLR didnt cancel the order but I backed out, I'd lose my deposit. That doesnt sound right to me either.
Ya that's pretty much the boat I'm in. It could take a year, but unless JLR flat out cancels my order, I'm on the hook for my deposit. But I knew this going in and in this market, I guess I'm OK with it. Especially since my Emira deposit is refundable at this point.
It may get to a point where I have to decide which I want. Unfortunately, my unrefundable F-type deposit is twice my Emira one 😒

Quick Reply: JLR Halts Production... again