F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JLR SVO Global Debut Event

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JLR SVO Global Debut Event

Hey guys! Jaguar USA sent me an email about a month ago inviting me to this Jaguar Land Rover Global Debut Event here in Downtown Los Angeles tomorrow night (November 28th). They say they're showing off 5 SVO vehicles:
RR SVAutobiography
RR SVAutobiography Dynamic
RR SVR
F-Type SVR
XE Project 8

These cars have already been revealed obviously, but them calling this a "global debut event" has me thinking - maybe they will be revealing something new? Last year they invited me to the I Pace reveal, which was awesome. My guess is maybe they'll be revealing the F Pace SVR maybe? Any other ideas? I'll be sure to let you guys know what went down after the event.

Also, are any other LA forum members attending? Would love to meet some of you awesome guys.

All the best,
Eren

Old 11-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Eren Bokhour
Hey guys! Jaguar USA sent me an email about a month ago inviting me to this Jaguar Land Rover Global Debut Event here in Downtown Los Angeles tomorrow night (November 28th). They say they're showing off 5 SVO vehicles:
RR SVAutobiography
RR SVAutobiography Dynamic
RR SVR
F-Type SVR
XE Project 8

These cars have already been revealed obviously, but them calling this a "global debut event" has me thinking - maybe they will be revealing something new? Last year they invited me to the I Pace reveal, which was awesome. My guess is maybe they'll be revealing the F Pace SVR maybe? Any other ideas? I'll be sure to let you guys know what went down after the event.

Also, are any other LA forum members attending? Would love to meet some of you awesome guys.

All the best,
Eren
Take lots of pictures, please.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by Eren Bokhour
These cars have already been revealed obviously, but them calling this a "global debut event" has me thinking - maybe they will be revealing something new?
I assume that it is to announce this that they issued a press release for today?:

600PS Jaguar XE SV Project 8 laps Nürburgring Nordschleife in 7min 23sec – the fastest ever time by a four-door sedan in production-intent specification

Most extreme performance road-legal Jaguar – designed, engineered and hand-assembled by SVO – is capable of 0-60mph in 3.3sec and a top speed of 200mph*

Watch XE SV Project 8 prototype’s record 7min 23sec lap of the Nürburgring here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iePe...ature=youtu.be
Production limited to 300 units for sale worldwide, priced from £149,995 in UK. Register interest at http://www.jaguar.com/about-jaguar/s...project-8.html

(Fen End, UK – 28 November 2017) Jaguar’s SVO-developed XE SV Project 8 is now the world’s fastest four-door car, following a production-intent prototype’s record lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The incredible time of 7min 21.23sec is nearly 11 seconds quicker than the previous fastest sedan around the legendary 12.9-mile German circuit and puts the 600PS Project 8 ahead of some of the world’s fastest two-door coupés and supercars.

Mark Stanton, SVO Director, said: “The SVO design and engineering team’s mission was to create the most track-focused road-legal Jaguar in history – not only the fastest, but also the most agile. As a result, only the roof and front door skins of Project 8’s body are carried-over unaltered from XE and 75 per cent of its mechanical hardware is new. This astonishing Nürburgring Nordschleife record validates the success of such extensive changes.”

John Edwards, Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations Managing Director, added: “SVO exists to push the boundaries of performance, luxury and all-terrain capability. The hand-assembled XE SV Project 8 takes that principle to the limit, extracting supercar-beating performance from Jaguar’s most compact four-door sedan. The Nürburgring Nordschleife record underlines our commitment to deliver the most extreme Jaguar ever to Project 8 clients, who will soon experience this sensational sedan for themselves.”

The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 12:03 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Wow, taking a jump at 165 mph... Looks like it is a handful! I want one, then I wouldn't need a daily driver

Old 11-29-2017, 02:06 AM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

I was supposed to go but just couldn’t make it to LA this evening. Anything new?

Old 11-29-2017, 03:14 AM
Received 193 Likes on 169 Posts

Love the ‘world wide’ statement as the XE SVR is LHD only

Old 11-30-2017, 08:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, sorry for the late update. Spent all day yesterday dealing with my F-Type which was having some serious problems actually. Under some decent throttle in 1st gear (around 4500 rpm), the check engine light popped on. I immediately got off the throttle, shifted into second, and the light went away. Then when I got back on the gas, the light came back on. After that happened i shifted into 4th and 5th gear - just coasting. The car then sounded off, and was very unhappy. I am no mechanic, but sounded like it was running on 5 cylinders and was misfiring. When i pulled over, the car shook and rumbled violently. I immediately called Jaguar Roadside Assistance and had the car put on a flatbed and sent to my local dealership (who performed my annual service just last week). My service advisor texted me today and said they're working on diagnosing the problem...

Anyways, back to the SVO event. They showed off the refreshed 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography with all new interior, Land Rover Discovery SVX, and the 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR with some new options (such as the carbon fiber hood in the picture, which is rather ugly I think). Ian Callum spoke about the Project 8 lap record, and the SVO director (can't remember his name) talked about the rest. He mentioned that the Rage Rover SVR broke the overall record for fastest time down some mountain pass in Japan - smashing the previous record held by Ferrari by over 30 seconds! (He did fail to mention what model Ferrari it was though, lol.) The event was pretty fun overall food was excellent, but the best part was that I got to meet Ian Callum and take a picture with him (for the second time haha).

Attached Thumbnails JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_7382.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_6962.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_2371.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_7623.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_1311.jpg  

JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_1455.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_0244.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_1185.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_7485.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_2620.jpg  

JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_3237.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_6042.jpg   JLR SVO Global Debut Event-img_3990.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (11-30-2017)