Old 12-01-2015 | 11:04 PM

Who is your dealer?

Old 12-02-2015 | 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by XFactoR
Who is your dealer?
Jaguar Northpoint (hennessy)

Old 12-03-2015 | 09:08 AM
|

After using JustDrive for a while, I wanted to provide some additional updates and thoughts.

Overall, it is indeed useful and nice to have, but there are significant annoyances and limitations that I hope will be resolved in future updates.

When you place or receive a call while using JustDrive, the regular phone application pops up and you're out of the JustDrive app while on the call. This is ok most of the time, but highly annoying while using the JustDrive navigation. It will not allow the JustDrive navigation to provide directions either on-screen nor by voice while you're on your call. This is really limiting in my opinion.

Also, there appears to be no easy way to tell whether the navigation is re-routing you due to traffic conditions. It does appear to take traffic into account when you first set your destination (again, only 1 route choice is available--they really need to give 3 and let you set preferences, etc.), but while driving a long distance, I don't see any indication regarding traffic changes. On a 2+ hour drive yesterday, it re-calculated a couple of times while I remained on my route, but it didn't say why.

Music from my Apple Music subscription doesn't seem to show up correctly on JustDrive. Only previously purchased music in playlists show up. On the standard InControl App Music player, Apple Music playlists show up fine. Perhaps this just needs a simple update since The InControl App player did the same thing until a recent update. For JustDrive, having a jog/shuttle/scroll control during playback would be nice, rather than only having forward/back buttons.

I do really like having the voice control via Siri. Finding destinations is much easier when you can just say the name of the place you're going to instead of the address for businesses, etc.

Old 12-04-2015 | 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by XFactoR
I called Jaguar customer relations and opened a case number. They are coordinating with my dealer to get the software update.

I'll keep you all advised.
Good news. They were able to make it happen.

Here it is - JustDrive on a 2015 Jaguar F-Type R.

The issues raised by McGriddle are valid. I also had some issues searching spotify using JustDrive. However the voice control of the navigation is awesome. You can just say "navigate to Whole Foods" and it will find you the nearest ones, ask which one you mean, and then set the destination and start directions. Very slick. I wish this voice control applied to the entire head unit and not just the app. I would love to be able to control the SAT radio with voice control like i can in my BMW and my Mercedes.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 12-04-2015 at 09:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Lookout! (12-05-2015)
Old 12-04-2015 | 08:32 PM

StealthPilot...

I too have a 2015, as such I have a question for you. Did the dealer charge you for the software update? Additionally, is there any possibility of Jaguar providing an internet to USB download for this update?

Thanks in advance...

Dave

Old 12-04-2015 | 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

Interesting status update in the graphic with the weather. Does that refer to driver or vehicle?

Old 12-04-2015 | 08:34 PM

One of my local dealers said they know how to do the update. I may do it next week. How long did it take?

Old 12-04-2015 | 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Nati
Interesting status update in the graphic with the weather. Does that refer to driver or vehicle?
The location of Cumming, GA, which is a suburb of metropolitan Atlanta.

Old 12-04-2015 | 09:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Yeah...it was a joke...thanks?

Old 12-04-2015 | 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tahoe Dave
StealthPilot...

I too have a 2015, as such I have a question for you. Did the dealer charge you for the software update? Additionally, is there any possibility of Jaguar providing an internet to USB download for this update?

Thanks in advance...

Dave
It's free to get the update. However it is not possible by USB.

Old 12-04-2015 | 09:23 PM

Calling it a suburb is a bit of a stretch. It's about 40 miles out. On the other hand some people probably do commute from there.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 12-04-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-04-2015 | 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Nati
Yeah...it was a joke...thanks?
I know, but you probably shouldn't wait by the phone for the Comedy Channel to call.

The following users liked this post:
Lookout! (12-05-2015)
Old 12-04-2015 | 09:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Calling it a suburb is a bit of a stretch. It's about 40 miles out.
In this area, Washington and Baltimore are merging into one large metropolitan complex, and West Virginia is becoming a suburb. Atlanta is similar.

Old 12-04-2015 | 11:22 PM

In this area, Washington and Baltimore are merging into one large metropolitan complex, and West Virginia is becoming a suburb. Atlanta is similar.
Hopefully it won't get to the point that Atlanta absorbs New Orleans!

Old 12-05-2015 | 03:13 AM

Personally, I'm more concerned about it absorbing my little traffic free burg two hours to the north. I love when I leave my office in Buckhead at 3PM that it takes an hour on the interstate to get 20 miles to 575... And then 90 mins for the remaining 90 miles (including traffic lights once off the interstate).

Sorry for the hijack.

On a serious note: thanks for the update. I'm picking my car up in 5 hrs and 48 mins from the clear bra folks and then this will be my first priority to resolve.

Old 12-05-2015 | 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lookout!
Personally, I'm more concerned about it absorbing my little traffic free burg two hours to the north. I love when I leave my office in Buckhead at 3PM that it takes an hour on the interstate to get 20 miles to 575... And then 90 mins for the remaining 90 miles (including traffic lights once off the interstate).

Sorry for the hijack.

On a serious note: thanks for the update. I'm picking my car up in 5 hrs and 48 mins from the clear bra folks and then this will be my first priority to resolve.
Jaguar Northpoint is your best bet. My local dealer in Buckhead and also the Duluth one both had earlier appointments available and both said they couldn't find the software. Or you could have the guy at your local dealer call the service department at Northpoint.

Old 12-06-2015 | 02:52 PM

It's free to get the update. However it is not possible by USB.
Interesting...I have the older version on the car...and it instructs me to download from the internet to a USB device...(which of course, my iPhone is, but alas, that's not working).

Did you see or ask what the dealer did? If I can avoid an hour long trip, I'd love to...I'm just trying to find a download of something other than the iPhone app to see if that works.

Old 12-06-2015 | 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lookout!
Interesting...I have the older version on the car...and it instructs me to download from the internet to a USB device...(which of course, my iPhone is, but alas, that's not working).

Did you see or ask what the dealer did? If I can avoid an hour long trip, I'd love to...I'm just trying to find a download of something other than the iPhone app to see if that works.
Yes I saw that message too and pursued that route. Those instructions are a classic example of the engineering team not following through.

There is no process for USB updates on this car.

The car was updated via OBDII.

Old 12-06-2015 | 04:22 PM

Got It. Thanks!

Old 12-07-2015 | 08:46 PM
Veteran Member

If it ever does you'll be my next door neighbor in Dallas...

Quick Reply: JustDrive is now available! A quick take and some pictures