F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knocking noise cold and warm, anyone any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have a similar problem to mine.

I was fed up with the reaction "This is normal". I asked the dealer for a trade-in offer and I would buy a new car, he said he was unhappy to do that as my car had this knocking noise. Huh? Jaguar Germany says this is normal and dealer doesn't want the car on account of the fail?

I was told that just simply checking the valve clearance involves taking the motor out of the chassis to a large extent because access is otherwise impossible. Cost = 3000-4000€. No one seems sure where the noise is coming from, so it is a risky expenditure. Other same models do not exhibit this noise, but Jaguar calls it "normal". Even changing the spark plugs is a major operation reserved for the 80.000km service.

And then they told me: Valve clearance: They have never done this before and would prefer I had this done somewhere else but they have no recommendations of where/which dealer knows how to do this, as it is a seldomly performed procedure.

The car really looks very very nice but what kind of ridiculous car have I bought or to which complacent and arrogant manufacturer have I commited my mobility to?

We were planning to also buy an F-PACE and perhaps evaluate the I-PACE, but have subsequently decided to abandon all plans to have our entire fleet be Jaguar. Going back to BMW as it has been for many years. It seems strange that not taking the issue of a clacking noise can ruin the sale of two or more 100.000€ plus cars on account of the verdict of a few guys and Jaguar must seem to be doing very well to just let this happen.

I wish you luck in getting this fixed - No one who is not totally deaf will give you a good price for your little beauty.