F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Koshi interior parts question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

The steering parts are both 2 piece split down the middle. These are the first bits I've had to play with to get the best fit. I'm using 2 sided tape to hold the halfs together at the tops and allowing alittle gap on the bottom to get the best look. I'm considering doing a lite sand trim on the ends to see if that matters, they look great but need a little patience.

The following users liked this post:
bcbruno (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 08:51 AM
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

So they are halved? One slice and a tight fitment would be better. Not so sure I want that now. Can you see gaps through the windshield? Can you take some pics??

Old 04-21-2021, 03:40 AM
Veteran Member

Don't see how one piece would work without taking wheel apart. I've owned my '14 vert for 7 and1/2 years with lots of top down time so my wheel is probably not exactly as original at this point. Right now I have them as perfect on top of the wheel with a small gap underneath. On the bottom of wheel the inside is perfect and again a small gap underneath. I'm not done tinkering but with wheel in neutral position all you see are perfect seams. Another poster mentioned he used a Mototool to get perfect fit. I'm going to do same but manual sanding as I might destroy on first try. Small degrees! All my other Koshi products have been perfect.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:35 AM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I know the thread is based on interior parts but does anyone have any experience with koshi’s exterior carbon parts, specifically looking at getting the carbon wing?

i want to delete the leaper without having to fill any holes and this wing wouldn’t ruin the lines of the car.

any thoughts or experiences with the wing?

Old 04-22-2021, 02:30 PM
Received 86 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjohnt
I know the thread is based on interior parts but does anyone have any experience with koshi’s exterior carbon parts, specifically looking at getting the carbon wing?

i want to delete the leaper without having to fill any holes and this wing wouldn’t ruin the lines of the car.

any thoughts or experiences with the wing?
I have mirrors and side vents, mirrors also full part, top quality and really solid, sure wing will have same qualities. I thought also about it but maybe too "racing"

Originally Posted by bjg625
The steering parts are both 2 piece split down the middle. These are the first bits I've had to play with to get the best fit. I'm using 2 sided tape to hold the halfs together at the tops and allowing alittle gap on the bottom to get the best look. I'm considering doing a lite sand trim on the ends to see if that matters, they look great but need a little patience.
I really had to sand all ends and still not perfect, figure that all steering wheels are different on the leather seams, difficult that all parts fit all above leather.

Old 06-07-2021, 06:13 AM

Complete, a bit stupid and expensive mod but enhanced considerable the interior.

datriani (12-14-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 06:32 AM
Received 190 Likes on 95 Posts

wow, I like the orange around the gages, was that difficult to put on?

Old 06-07-2021, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jaguar1611
wow, I like the orange around the gages, was that difficult to put on?
The only parts that required some sanding were above the leather also the paddles shift too tight (dremel). All remain parts good/ perfect fit some even without double tape. Live on sunlight looks even better, the orange indeed brings all together with all interior. Speed remains the same but looks faster

Old 06-16-2021, 08:18 AM
Received 190 Likes on 95 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by Jaguar1611:
bcbruno (06-17-2021), datriani (12-14-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 11:45 PM
Veteran Member

I like , makes me want to buy the rest of the pieces!

Old 06-19-2021, 12:24 PM
Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

@Bruno what is your mobile phone holder please?
thank you

Old 06-19-2021, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by NeoJFK
@Bruno what is your mobile phone holder please?
thank you
https://www.iottie.com/Product/Detai...tic-Vent-Mount

I use a spare phone dedicated to the F-type so no need cover and the magnetic and charging is handy to easy remove it to when i park outside. The air vent clip attach easily to the button tray, all cables stay hidden behind.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...holder-234350/

Old 06-19-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by bcbruno
https://www.iottie.com/Product/Detai...tic-Vent-Mount

I use a spare phone dedicated to the F-type so no need cover and the magnetic and charging is handy to easy remove it to when i park outside. The air vent clip attach easily to the button tray, all cables stay hidden behind.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...holder-234350/
Thanks so much. However i cannot get my head around how you fix it. Would you be able to share a pic?

Old 06-19-2021, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by NeoJFK
Thanks so much. However i cannot get my head around how you fix it. Would you be able to share a pic?
Have to start clean interior with camera flash on, filthy!

Just clamp on most right button tray, first connect lighter 12v, then clamp, then roll cable around and connect on back of iottie.

For me this is best position as phone stay hidden from passenger view and looks almost "stock" screen. When is off and parked indoor you barely see it. Outside i just pull it off and hide without care about cables.

Old 06-20-2021, 03:07 AM

so freaking smart! AM buying this! this is perfect!
THANK YOU

bcbruno (06-20-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 08:27 PM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by bcbruno
Complete, a bit stupid and expensive mod but enhanced considerable the interior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isbOG3hsZIA
Hi, I ordered the full interior carbon from Koshi, same stuff as TMC. Did your center console pieces snap on or did you have to remove the trim around the shifter, climate knobs, and center vent. Also, if you did the seat controls and door handles, what kind of double sided tape did you use? Thanks.

Old 07-18-2021, 03:19 AM
Veteran Member

Mine were all snap on . I used a little thin 2 sided tape foe long term hold.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:19 PM

Smooth installation, some parts need to be swap from original to CF one. not so important but almost 4 times lighter.

The following 2 users liked this post by bcbruno:
datriani (12-13-2021), JgaXkr (12-12-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 02:49 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Just received all of the interior Koshi pieces with the exception of the steering wheel and installed them. I just got a Guardian Wheel and didn't want to cover up their work but after getting these parts, I'm reconsidering. These are very nice carbon fiber pieces. No doubt they're pricey but well made and I really like the look more and more. Took my time with the double sided tape and used a few various thicknesses to get a good solid contact. The shoulder harness carbon fiber bit on the backside needed really thick double sided tape to make solid contact. I used a heat gun to get the tape to really worked up on all of the pieces and they seem to be in there solid.

The 3m tape suggested earlier in on this post was hard to find in the US and the only ones I could find were industrial sizes and $$$$. Found the tape below on amazon and used it for the most part. It's easy to peel the backside after sticking it to the surface. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Amazon Amazon

Has anyone tried Koshi's exterior front pieces around the splitter, lip and intake surround? Any suggestion or idea on how those attach to the car? I wouldn't be comfortable using double sided tape for those parts as it would be too easy for them to fly off while I'm cruising on the highway.

Last edited by datriani; 12-19-2021 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 05:31 PM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by datriani
Just received all of the interior Koshi pieces with the exception of the steering wheel and installed them. I just got a Guardian Wheel and didn't want to cover up their work but after getting these parts, I'm reconsidering. These are very nice carbon fiber pieces. No doubt they're pricey but well made and I really like the look more and more. Took my time with the double sided tape and used a few various thicknesses to get a good solid contact. The shoulder harness carbon fiber bit on the backside needed really thick double sided tape to make solid contact. I used a heat gun to get the tape to really worked up on all of the pieces and they seem to be in there solid.

The 3m tape suggested earlier in on this post was hard to find in the US and the only ones I could find were industrial sizes and $$$$. Found the tape below on amazon and used it for the most part. It's easy to peel the backside after sticking it to the surface. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019OQ4YZW...roduct_details

Has anyone tried Koshi's exterior front pieces around the splitter, lip and intake surround? Any suggestion or idea on how those attach to the car? I wouldn't be comfortable using double sided tape for those parts as it would be too easy for them to fly off while I'm cruising on the highway.
the tape you linked to did not hold up long term for me. I’ve been doing this stuff for a while and pretty well versed in preparation for adhesion etc. The authentic 3m VHB tape comes in a pretty thin and narrow size which I am going to use to re-apply the interior pieces. The clear stuff shown seemed great but a couple pieces just gave way randomly and without much use (I drive the car like 500 miles per year). If you have great luck with it, good on you, but it seemed fine for me until it didn’t - I would prefer not to have a piece fall off while opening the door etc or worse, have one fall off and break.

As far as the front splitter, I have that as well and I used 3m tape on the inner top and bottom portions of the carbon overlay which worked great - I also drilled two tiny holes so I could use screws underneath just in case - my Koshi lip has two predrilled holes. I also removed the whole bumper and the center black piece to ensure a good application and correct fit. Just note that the factory black piece will be permanently scratched once the Koshi piece goes over top. Takes time, but patience is rewarded.

Last edited by gg2684; 12-19-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Koshi interior parts question