Lambo Doors.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 07:26 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

he is

Old 04-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Honestly, I am such an unbridled lover of cars, that I love someone's love for cars. If somebody bolts on a wing or spoiler to a Festiva and it makes them happy, that is great.

Like we're all saying, the doors are played out. But whenever I see someone just happy to be driving their shitbox Honda or Datsun, it just makes me smile.

There's kinship on the road, and I'm always happy to see someone else happy, even if they're oblivious to the horrid and disgusting modifications they have made to their vehicles. I sort of look at it as people who love to drive vs people who rather be in an Uber.
+1. I was chatting up a gentleman who has tricked out his 20 year old Trans Am. Not exactly my style, but he absolutely loved it and loved telling me all about it.

The following 2 users liked this post by mikelanzetta:
Mbourne (04-23-2016), Uncle Fishbits (04-28-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 11:06 PM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Honestly, I am such an unbridled lover of cars, that I love someone's love for cars. If somebody bolts on a wing or spoiler to a Festiva and it makes them happy, that is great.

Like we're all saying, the doors are played out. But whenever I see someone just happy to be driving their shitbox Honda or Datsun, it just makes me smile.

There's kinship on the road, and I'm always happy to see someone else happy, even if they're oblivious to the horrid and disgusting modifications they have made to their vehicles. I sort of look at it as people who love to drive vs people who rather be in an Uber.
I'm also with uncle Fishbits, I sometimes look at crap cars and wonder why people went to the effort of tricking them up, and then I think of all the crap stuff I did to cars when I was a kid and I just smile. I once nailed an old rotary dial phone to the dash of a mark 2 cortina when the very first car phones were appearing and the real ******* would drive around with the the phone clapped to their head even when they had no one to talk to just to show they had a phone. I would pick up the Handset and clap it to my ear whenever I saw one. I also bolted silly useless spoilers to pieces of crap etc. but as Fishbits said I loved cars and everything about then, good bad and ugly.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (04-28-2016)
Old 04-24-2016, 06:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
he is
and another to CO in August. anyone want to join me?

Old 04-24-2016, 07:07 AM
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
I'm also with uncle Fishbits, I sometimes look at crap cars and wonder why people went to the effort of tricking them up, and then I think of all the crap stuff I did to cars when I was a kid and I just smile. I once nailed an old rotary dial phone to the dash of a mark 2 cortina when the very first car phones were appearing and the real ******* would drive around with the the phone clapped to their head even when they had no one to talk to just to show they had a phone. I would pick up the Handset and clap it to my ear whenever I saw one. I also bolted silly useless spoilers to pieces of crap etc. but as Fishbits said I loved cars and everything about then, good bad and ugly.
Wait, are you making that up? Did you really bolt a rotary phone to your car?? If so, that is awesome.

My grandpa was so frustrated when cars behind him would beep the second the light turned green, he had me mount a truckers horn facing backward under his rear bumper to blast back at them.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:29 AM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelanzetta
Wait, are you making that up? Did you really bolt a rotary phone to your car?? If so, that is awesome.

My grandpa was so frustrated when cars behind him would beep the second the light turned green, he had me mount a truckers horn facing backward under his rear bumper to blast back at them.
No I am not making it up, I really did it. literally nailed to the dash, rotary dial, curly cord and all.

Like this

Last edited by AnD3rew; 04-24-2016 at 07:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by AnD3rew:
LobsterClaws (04-28-2016), Uncle Fishbits (04-28-2016)
Old 04-24-2016, 08:40 AM
Veteran Member

No I am not making it up, I really did it. literally nailed to the dash, rotary dial, curly cord and all.

Like this

My first cell phone mounted in the center console of my '84 Corvette didn't look much different than that except for the rotary dial.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Like this

As a person who has and uses a rotary at a work desk, because I love hanging up on people like the old days (just hanging up, promise).... THIS IS THE MOST WONDERFUL. Thank you.

Also... there's some guy in San Francisco that has an old Impala, and he rigged up a train horn to it. Throughout the night in Golden Gate Park, people in the Inner Sunset or Richmond were talking on Yelp about the ghost train of GGP, and what in the hell was going on. It took a year to figure out it was a car.

Mbourne (04-28-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member
Default Our Forum in the News

Our disdain for the Lambo doors as reported in the news: Tragic F-Type, one hot Corvette, spicy meatballs and more: This Week On The Forums

mikelanzetta (05-01-2016)
Old 04-30-2016, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

This car already attracts too much attention, let alone without Lamborghini doors. I love the auto rear hatch. Mirrors fold, door handles project and retract automatically. Headlights swivel, air vent auto raises. Exhaust cutout opens and closes. Too bad hood didn't go up automatically too. Not much left other than the doors.

Last edited by jaguny; 04-30-2016 at 10:28 PM.