F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest recall...do I have to have it done?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks like there is no recall for Canadian cars on this K410 issue. I looked at the Transport Canada website:
Search Results

The following users liked this post:
DPelletier (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Emailed Matthew my service advisor and told him I was passing on getting it done...too invasive...and would let the dealer handle it on lease turn-in, he said no problem.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by enfield
Looks like there is no recall for Canadian cars on this K410 issue. I looked at the Transport Canada website:
Search Results
I called Jaguar and they noted that my Canadian 2016 V6 base has two recalls pending -- K405 and K410 -- so it looks like we didn't dodge the K410 canister bullet.

I didn't realize it, but when I brought my car in for the new clutch, the dealer did the K309 software flash update. I had originally thought that I lost some pops/crackles from the new clutch install, but I'm thinking that the K309 may have actually been the culprit.

Can I somehow get the tech to remedy this when I go in for the latest recall updates???

Old 11-17-2016, 05:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by bb_sam
I called Jaguar and they noted that my Canadian 2016 V6 base has two recalls pending -- K405 and K410 -- so it looks like we didn't dodge the K410 canister bullet.

I didn't realize it, but when I brought my car in for the new clutch, the dealer did the K309 software flash update. I had originally thought that I lost some pops/crackles from the new clutch install, but I'm thinking that the K309 may have actually been the culprit.

Can I somehow get the tech to remedy this when I go in for the latest recall updates???
What is K405 all about?

Give your ECU a bit more time to settle in (about 100 miles of spirited driving). The K309 update probably wiped all the adaptive learning. If that doesn't work, they didn't provide you with the most recent version of the K309 flash.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:24 PM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Do you have a roadster or a coupe? I called my dealer here in Ontario and he said there were no recalls on my 2015 V8S roadster.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:08 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

To be clear, the Kxxx aren't 'recalls', they're things that Jag thinks need to be done. I let them do all of them. 'Campaigns', I think they're called?

Old 11-17-2016, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by enfield
Do you have a roadster or a coupe? I called my dealer here in Ontario and he said there were no recalls on my 2015 V8S roadster.
I have the coupe.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
What is K405 all about?
Mine was done the other day (K405) and they said it was a fix for the scheduled maintenance indicator... I got an indication my car was due on the iPhone app, but not in car. So next year the car can tell me 😀

Old 11-18-2016, 11:31 AM
Tel
Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Brought my car in yesterday for the 2 year service and the service advisor told me there were 2 outstanding campaign's that needed to be performed, one was K309 which was completed with a PCM software update, the other is K410 which just appeared within the last few days according to the dealer and involves a canister and a hose that turns brittle...they didn't have the item in stock and it needed to be ordered, I got the call that it arrived today.

They told me it's a rather lengthy procedure that entails removing a lot (if not most) of the interior behind the drivers seat and that it would require me dropping the car off for a few days in which they would supply me with a loaner car.

I'm not especially keen on leaving my Polaris white car with Cirrus interior in the hands of others fearing the worst and am wondering if I HAVE to have this recall/bulletin/campaign done or can I opt no.

As it is, I lined the interior with blue painters tape to prevent scuffs and marks, as I do every time the car leaves my hands...one would call me **** and rightfully so...so obviously this doesn't sit that well with me.

So the question is: can I opt out?
I'm glad I'm not the only one that is **** about their F-Type!
I used some spare xPel PPF to cover the areas that get worn on the interior...plastic just above the tread plates for example, for those that are unable to articulate their legs when getting in/out ;-)

As far as your original question goes; I have been in contact with JLR here in the UK regarding exactly the same scenario. When Service Action K309 came out, I didn't want it done UNTIL I knew more about the effects of the supposed exhaust note change. Also, the last time I had warranty work done, the dealer tore the leather on the passenger seat base (now replaced), so you can imagine my reluctancy!

Their response was:
As the owner of the car, you are entirely free to decline to have any work done that you may choose.

With a caveat that obviously safety critical issues may get done as a matter of course or by a different dealer at some stage without you even knowing until after the event.

I should imagine K410 would need to be done ASAP as it's pretty 'safety critical' with potential cracking of the feed pipe and fumes in the cabin, thus mitigating any claims from fire/death etc!

Old 11-18-2016, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Greggbhill
Mine was done the other day (K405) and they said it was a fix for the scheduled maintenance indicator... I got an indication my car was due on the iPhone app, but not in car. So next year the car can tell me 😀
OK...I guess that needs to be done on mine as well. I never got a one year or 16k mile warning. I wonder if that will muck up the tune.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:17 PM

Just got my car back after having some recalls done. I mentioned the issue above post the K309 recall. Check out the service they did -- apparently there was something wrong.... but I have no clue what the heck they did. Can someone translate this?? I've only driven the car for about 20 min since I got it back and it certainly sounds better -- but it could all be in my head??!!

Attached Thumbnails Latest recall...do I have to have it done?-exhaust_ftype.jpg  
Old 12-09-2016, 03:30 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

They found a bad pin in the connector that controls the active exhaust solenoid, and fixed it.

I do like that fact that my JLR dealer gives detailed info like you got. Nice to have that in the records.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

can someone post the recall letter from topix or elsewhere for K410? I get that exhaust smell in my cabin but my dealership has never been able to reproduce it and I just got the car back and I don't think this recall was performed on my car.

Old 12-11-2016, 01:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Buick -

If/when you do the painter's tape thing please post pics! Not making fun of you - I am just as ****, but I bet you really get talked about there after the drop off hahaha.

Anytime I've left a car at a dealer I assume they will scratch or damage something. That is why I take a full walk around external video and some internal pics. HATE having to do stuff like that, but hey if you don't they deny - and you are screwed.