F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024 | 07:20 PM
|
Old 06-18-2024 | 07:39 PM

Those dealers have every reason to be po'd. After millions spent believing JLR plans, they are stuck with the bills and apparently, no way to pay them... 800 units??? Can't run a business based on that! I wonder what my local dealer is planning. It's a huge operation, a veritable village comprising all the major import and luxury brands:
https://www.bergstromauto.com/premier-motorcars

Old 06-18-2024 | 07:41 PM
|

Yeah, it is pretty crazy. That 700 figure can’t be real. The reporting could be inaccurate.

Old 06-18-2024 | 08:54 PM
Veteran Member

Good luck trying to get spare parts and dealer service in 10 years anywhere!!
I am just glad I did not buy a Fisker - they have already gone and left only debris behind.

Old 06-19-2024 | 05:35 AM

The inmates have been running the asylum, and it's 7 years of college down the drain.

But seriously, continual bad decisions over a long time span.

Let's keep taking the wrong fork in the road.

Does anyone remember Hyundai's quality issues with the initial rollout and how they fixed that image easily and simply with the big extended time/mileage warranties?

Jags image problem should have been a simple, easy fix.

The decision makers have dug the grave.

BEST !

RWS

The following 2 users liked this post by Thunderjet Racing:
89 Jacobra (06-19-2024), jahummer (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024 | 05:53 AM
|

I don’t know man, there’s lots of opinions out there about what’s going on with Jaguar. At the end of the day the only way to know what’s going to happen is to wait and see. There probably is lots of inaccurate information out there, speculation, etc…Despite things looking a bit concerning for sure…

Aston Martin has been on death’s door many times, yet they are still here.

If the current trend continues all the passion will be sucked out of cars anyway as they seem to be slowly moving towards becoming nothing more than appliances. The car enthusiast’s future is bleek, so whether or not Jaguar sticks around may not matter in the long run anyway…lol

Old 06-19-2024 | 06:54 AM
scm
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DMeister
And they do seem to be set on making cars that customers, rather than regulators, want to buy. If only Jaguar had such enlightened management.

Old 06-19-2024 | 07:03 AM

I don’t know man, there’s lots of opinions out there about what’s going on with Jaguar. At the end of the day the only way to know what’s going to happen is to wait and see. There probably is lots of inaccurate information out there, speculation, etc…Despite things looking a bit concerning for sure…

If the current trend continues all the passion will be sucked out of cars anyway as they seem to be slowly moving towards becoming nothing more than appliances. The car enthusiast’s future is bleek, so whether or not Jaguar sticks around may not matter in the long run anyway…lol
Jesus christ you're so negative dude, it's like you're personally trying to ruin the company whose cars you drive. . 112 days away from the forum and it's like I never left 😂

Corollas have always been boring, but their introduction didn't make "Car enthusiasts' futures bleak" did it? You don't like new cars? Don't buy one. Problem solved. All this hot air going around and around in circles about "Jaguar's future" and rumours of lawsuits, who gives a hoot?

Old 06-19-2024 | 07:24 AM
|

Originally Posted by dangoesfast
Jesus christ you're so negative dude, it's like you're personally trying to ruin the company whose cars you drive. . 112 days away from the forum and it's like I never left 😂

Corollas have always been boring, but their introduction didn't make "Car enthusiasts' futures bleak" did it? You don't like new cars? Don't buy one. Problem solved. All this hot air going around and around in circles about "Jaguar's future" and rumours of lawsuits, who gives a hoot?
I think you could do well to take the time to read/interpret better than you do a lot of the time. This is not the first thread you’ve come into of mine like this, coming in hot, etc…

I’m just saying that the future is bleak if everything does become EV-only moving forward. That is all. You are one that is suggesting I am saddling JLR with that potential reality, putting words in my mouth as part of whatever it is you are trying to accomplish here…

As far as who gives a hoot. I’m probably closer to your camp on that. I care, but I’m definitely not buying into all the speculation, losing sleep like some are etc…I’m taking a wait and see approach with it for sure. I bought my car willing to take a “risk” on some of the uncertainty etc…

In any case, hopefully my position is clearer.

The following 2 users liked this post by DMeister:
bobjagbob (06-20-2024), GeorgeIII (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024 | 07:38 AM

I think you could do well to take the time to read/interpret better than you do a lot of the time. This is not the first thread you’ve come into of mine like this, coming in hot, etc…

I’m just saying that the future is bleak if everything does become EV-only moving forward. That is all. You are one that is suggesting I am saddling JLR with that potential reality, putting words in my mouth as part of whatever it is you are trying to accomplish here…

As far as who gives a hoot. I’m probably closer to your camp on that. I care, but I’m definitely not buying into all the speculation, losing sleep like some are etc…I’m taking a wait and see approach with it for sure. I bought my car willing to take a “risk” on some of the uncertainty etc…

In any case, hopefully my position is clearer.
The future is only bleak if you refuse to accept that life changes over time, and you blame everyone else. My 80 year old dad still runs Windows 7 and complains that his computer sucks when he could just spend a week learning Windows 11 and be done with it, but he refuses to accept the change and can't see that he's the cause of his own misery.

A sub-$100k 3000hp hypercar with almost instant traction control that charges itself via induction while you stop at traffic lights and can drive you home from the pub when you've had too many schooners doesn't sound bleak to me at all, it sounds fricken awesome.
​​​​​​

Last edited by dangoesfast; 06-19-2024 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-19-2024 | 07:52 AM
|

The future is only bleak if you refuse to accept that life changes over time, and you blame everyone else. My 80 year old dad still runs Windows 7 and complains that his computer sucks when he could just spend a week learning Windows 11 and be done with it.

A sub-$100k 3000hp hypercar with almost instant traction control that charges itself via induction while you stop at traffic lights and can drive you home from the pub when you've had too many schooners doesn't sound bleak to me at all, it sounds fricken awesome.
​​​​​​
Well, okay, and I’m perfectly happy to let you have that opinion without getting pseudo aggressive about things, and making assumptions about you. I don’t know you from Adam at the end of the day. I mean seriously, you know nothing about me, so where you get the nerve to, in a round about way, say I’m “blaming other people” etc…What are you going on about?

Your behaviour on here is aggressive a lot of the time, and I highly doubt I’m the only one noticing it.

There’s lot of opinions out there on a range of topics. Which is fine. I’m secure enough to understand that this variance in ideas exists, that everything doesn’t need to align perfectly with my thoughts, etc…The world would be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same.

I’m not going to keep going back and forth with you. I’ve said what I have to say. I would suggest you put some water in your wine around here at times. It would be appreciated. This is a great forum that generally seems to engage in a great exchange of thoughts and ideas.

The following 2 users liked this post by DMeister:
bobjagbob (06-20-2024), GeorgeIII (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024 | 08:12 AM

Well, okay, and I’m perfectly happy to let you have that opinion without getting pseudo aggressive about things, and making assumptions about you. I don’t know you from Adam at the end of the day. I mean seriously, you know nothing about me, so where you get the nerve to, in a round about way, say I’m “blaming other people” etc…What are you going on about?

Your behaviour on here is aggressive a lot of the time, and I highly doubt I’m the only one noticing it.

There’s lot of opinions out there on a range of topics. Which is fine. I’m secure enough to understand that this variance in ideas exists, that everything doesn’t need to align perfectly with my thoughts, etc…The world would be a pretty boring place if we all thought the same.

I’m not going to keep going back and forth with you. I’ve said what I have to say. I would suggest you put some water in your wine around here at times. It would be appreciated. This is a great forum that generally seems to engage in a great exchange of thoughts and ideas.
*sigh* you sound like a politician dude, half a page of "You're this" and "You're that" without actually saying anything. I'm passionate about the future of motoring technology and I disagree with your pessimistic view, simple 🤷

There's a link to the forum's ignore function in my signature if you don't like what I have to say.

Old 06-19-2024 | 08:16 AM
|

*sigh* you sound like a politician dude, half a page of "You're this" and "You're that" without actually saying anything. I'm passionate about the future of motoring technology and I disagree with your pessimistic view, simple 🤷

There's a link to the forum's ignore function in my signature if you don't like what I have to say.
All I’m asking is for you to be more respectful of others. Telling me to ignore you is a cop out. I’m happy to listen to your ideas and contributions on the forum.

The following users liked this post:
bobjagbob (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024 | 08:28 AM

I’m happy to listen to your ideas and contributions on the forum.
Well that's simply not true. Everything I've ever said to you has been met with the same "You're being mean" response that you gave in this thread, which is the real cop out here. I talk the way I talk mate, take it or leave it 🤷 If you expect me to change the way I've been talking for the past 40 years, you're gonna be waiting a loooong time.

Perhaps you can be a little more respectful of the differences in peoples cultures, upbringings, and experiences?

Last edited by dangoesfast; 06-19-2024 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-19-2024 | 08:50 AM
|

Well that's simply not true. Everything I've ever said to you has been met with the same "You're being mean" response that you gave in this thread, which is the real cop out here. I talk the way I talk mate, take it or leave it 🤷 If you expect me to change the way I've been talking for the past 40 years, you're gonna be waiting a loooong time.

Perhaps you can be a little more respectful of the differences in peoples cultures, upbringings, and experiences?
You do you. You are definitely being aggressive whether you realize it or not. At the end of the day I’m not the boss of you. Obviously. It was just a request. Conduct yourself however you want, or however your genes/experiences/upbringing require you to.

The following users liked this post:
bobjagbob (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024 | 08:53 AM

It's easy to confuse passion with aggression when you're being disagreed with.

Seeya.

Old 06-19-2024 | 09:49 AM
scm
Veteran Member

I don’t know you from Adam at the end of the day.
I bet he's better dressed than Adam!

Old 06-19-2024 | 11:15 AM
|

Originally Posted by scm
I bet he's better dressed than Adam!
;-0 Perhaps, as I mentioned, don’t know this Adam guy ;-o

Old 06-19-2024 | 12:01 PM
Smile

The future is only bleak if you refuse to accept that life changes over time, and you blame everyone else. My 80 year old dad still runs Windows 7 and complains that his computer sucks when he could just spend a week learning Windows 11 and be done with it, but he refuses to accept the change and can't see that he's the cause of his own misery.

​​​​​​

As has been proven by our friends at TESLA, the technology to do these things is likely a-ways in front of us and not widely available/practical or reliable just yet today.

Sadly Jag has made a commitment to implement that technology instantly, rather than to phase it is likely at odds with what the market wants to buy.

The result is that they have given up 100% on a tremendous ICE legacy and are attempting to metamorphize into something they are not.

As enthusiasts and supporters of THE BRAND, despite the writing on the wall, we all wish them the best,

Y'all be nice to each other out there.....

BEST !

RWS

Old 06-19-2024 | 12:50 PM

Sadly Jag has made a commitment to implement that technology instantly, rather than to phase it is likely at odds with what the market wants to buy.
Yes, a gradual transition would seem to have made more sense. For example, continue making the F-type until the (G-Type?) EV becomes available. The good news (for now) is there is still ample stock of brand new F-types available.

Quick Reply: Lawsuit