F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leak...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Update: Picked the car back yesterday, the AC now blows cold, but it still occasionally would blow moist and humid air.

Old 07-02-2020, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin
Update: Picked the car back yesterday, the AC now blows cold, but it still occasionally would blow moist and humid air.
This sounds to me like drain tubes plugged. Normally is not an issue on F-type, but was a constant problem on its predecessor -XKR. Is there any moisture in the footwell?

The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (07-02-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by SinF
This sounds to me like drain tubes plugged. Normally is not an issue on F-type, but was a constant problem on its predecessor -XKR. Is there any moisture in the footwell?
Footwell seems dry, not sure why. The dealer is going to pick the car up next week since the AC is dead again and I can't get a loaner(due to age). Today was 95 degrees out and the AC decided to just blow that hot air into the cabin, my hands smell like the settering wheel leather after I got home.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:08 PM

So, the car is officially off to Atlanta. These are the things I request the dealer to address:
1. Missing bolt and bracket
2. Mist of oil om the front end and bottom
3. Check power steering rack and transmission fluid level
4. Suspension bushings( forgot to mention when they take delivery but will add it in)
5. AC repair
6. SOS limited functionality error
7. Battery(also forgot to mention but will get it in)
8. Active exhaust occasionally would go to fully close and cannot change via the drive mode or the button.
I hope when the car comes back it is in perfect working condition.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

So, the car is officially off to Atlanta. These are the things I request the dealer to address:
1. Missing bolt and bracket
2. Mist of oil om the front end and bottom
3. Check power steering rack and transmission fluid level
4. Suspension bushings( forgot to mention when they take delivery but will add it in)
5. AC repair
6. SOS limited functionality error
7. Battery(also forgot to mention but will get it in)
8. Active exhaust occasionally would go to fully close and cannot change via the drive mode or the button.
I hope when the car comes back it is in perfect working condition.
Perfection on these cars is asymptotic. You can slowly approach perfection with the number of repairs, but you'll never achieve it.
y=1/x where y is the level of customer dissatisfaction with the car and x is the number of trips to the dealer.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Perfection on these cars is asymptotic. You can slowly approach perfection with the number of repairs, but you'll never achieve it.
y=1/x where y is the level of customer dissatisfaction with the car and x is the number of trips to the dealer.

Haha, I know man. All I want is a car that doesn't leak with secured front end and working active exhaust and cold AC that drives well.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

Haha, I know man. All I want is a car that doesn't leak with secured front end and working active exhaust and cold AC that drives well.
Stated another way

"Keep the list of Things to Repair shorter than your arm....

Old 07-11-2020, 11:19 PM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MisplacedPriorities
Curious that a Jag dealership will half-*** a repair like that. Can you bring this up with JLR corporate, perhaps? The attorney route is probably the one you should have on the ready; in fact, I'd consult them now.
Good luck with corporate, its a joke, All of JAG NA is a joke, I've been in a lawsuit for 6 months, They don't do **** right, my car was put back together improperly as well, they don't care. As much as I love my F-type This will be the last jaguar I ever own due to the customer service I've received on a CPO car that has had $80,000 worth of warranty work. The thing isn't even worth that FFS

Old 07-11-2020, 11:23 PM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

wow that sounds just like me! I bought my CP0 16, front end was all ****ed up and missing parts cause it was improperly repaired by the dealer, active exhaust didn't work and along with cats had to be replaced 6 times up until eventually the motor was replaced. Dealing with Jag N/A now, I'd rather do business with toddlers. they are the most useless Corporate I've ever dealt with. hey but at least I have AC!

Old 07-12-2020, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by StormtrooperFtype
wow that sounds just like me! I bought my CP0 16, front end was all ****ed up and missing parts cause it was improperly repaired by the dealer, active exhaust didn't work and along with cats had to be replaced 6 times up until eventually the motor was replaced. Dealing with Jag N/A now, I'd rather do business with toddlers. they are the most useless Corporate I've ever dealt with. hey but at least I have AC!
That is painful to hear, I've got nothing back from NA office after the post to Jag UK. Hopefully, they give me an update. Also lucky you with the AC. I don't know when the car is going to be back but I'll keep updating this page.

Old 07-12-2020, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
Stated another way

"Keep the list of Things to Repair shorter than your arm....
All depends on how well they fix their **** up, really not up to me at this point...

Old 07-30-2020, 02:37 AM

update: I'm gonna sum up the stuff that happened in the past several days. After almost a month without my car, I called them and tell them it needs to be done before August(since I am already nice enough to not ask for compensation and also due to age I can't get a loaner). On Monday, I got a message that it was ready and can be delivered to me. Literally, 40 min later I called them to figure out when they are planning to arrive, the dealer said the AC failed again during test drive so its back into repair. I texted the service advisor on Tuesday about the AC and told her that if it continues then please replace the system, she said they put a new charge valve on there(just like what the last failed attempt made by Greenville dealer). I called in again on Wednesday afternoon on the repair status, the active exhaust issue was not addressed at ALL(dealer claimed to not found this issue, while I have video proof that it wasn't working right and sent to them on day 1. They obviously did NOT watch the clip and their service rep said if 'you have it in dynamic and press the button it then shuts it off' like I was an idiot that don't know how active exhaust works. I recorded videos on EVERY single-mode(normal, normal exhaust on, dynamic, dynamic exhaust off) which all sounded muted so no excuse to say that to me. (I sent her the video clips AGAIN after the call and never got a response back if she received it or not) I asked her about how was the front end redo, her response was 'yes the technician took the front end apart and it seems like it was been in so sort of collision' Well ****! The only time the front end came off was at Gwinett, YOUR GOD DAMN DEALER. Porsche Atlanta got it as a trade-in around December before me buying it. They also didn't work on it(the car was sent to Jag dealer for all the works). She also said they are short on people so even though the 'repair' was done(when they didn't even bother about the exhaust), they won't be able to deliver until next week and the earliest would be 8.3 and it is not guaranteed.
Being a nice person I told them fine and don't worry about delivering it before August start, but look into the exhaust. But I am mad about this, the service advisor made it sounds like the problems that I got were someone else's fault, not theirs. WHY do I need to be the one asking progress after 2 weeks of nothing? WHY do you call me then tell me it needs more work? WHY did you not ask me again what was wrong with the car if you can't identify the problem? WHY can't the original timeline be kept to deliver before 8.1?
At this point, I seriously wish Jag do the same thing like what Peugeot, Suzuki, Citroen do. Just stop selling cars here because the service is so bad. Or go bankrupt again and left dead like the MG(new fake MG from China doesn't count) or Austin Healey, be apart of the good memories instead of some crap ones like this.
I love the car but the service and experience are pissing me off. I don't lease a car, and I don't want to get hit by depreciation of a new F type. I wanted a car that can be fairly less BMW quality and a little more reliable than the Aston.
What I got instead is reliability worse than the Aston and material quality isn't that much nicer than a BMW Supra along with some stupid corporate office and stupid dealer people. I had to use my FRIEND's car for nearly the whole summer as I HATE their loaner SUVs and age requirement (and I thank him for going back to Taiwan so I can drive his car)

Old 07-30-2020, 02:50 AM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Just sell it.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by peppersam740
Just sell it.
I need it back in order to start the process of selling it.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:15 PM

update: not sure if they saw this post but they will deliver the car to me by tomorrow. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or what but I am happy at least I can have it before August.

The following users liked this post:
Mahjik (07-30-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 08:08 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Looking for independent shop around Atlanta/Greenville area btw.
I use Fayette imports in Fayetteville, South of Atlanta, they are pretty good. There is a really good shop on Piedmont RD in Buckhead. I think it’s European Service Center or something like that.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Madscott
I use Fayette imports in Fayetteville, South of Atlanta, they are pretty good. There is a really good shop on Piedmont RD in Buckhead. I think it’s European Service Center or something like that.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitively consider going to them once the CPO goes out and if I didn't sell the car.

Old 07-31-2020, 11:24 PM

Update: Car is back, the front end is now properly bolted(brackets are placed in), I will look underneath tomorrow. AC is still not blowing cold at low speed when the surrounding is either hot or humid.

Old 08-01-2020, 12:16 AM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

dang so unfortunate , just read this all, I too sold my Bmw supra to get the f type r, what a coincidence!

Old 08-01-2020, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by JagMaster
dang so unfortunate , just read this all, I too sold my Bmw supra to get the f type r, what a coincidence!
Still a good choice. I'd rather cry with an unfixable Jag than an Austrian made half German half Japanese car that looked like a Miata on steroid. Also, Toyota's idea of a major update within 1 model year is just absurd. I'd rather lose 10k than 15k or more if kept longer.

Quick Reply: Leak...