F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaving the F Type

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I assume you meant "performance seats" which are standard in the R, and which I didn't like in my test drives. "Sport seats" is the JLR term for the base seats, which like Buick I also find incredibly comfortable. I also have chronic lower back pain.
Yup, meant performance seats. Never bothered to look at what Jaguar called them. Figured they would have been sport seats since that is what most manufactures "upgrade" to.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
Yup, meant performance seats. Never bothered to look at what Jaguar called them. Figured they would have been sport seats since that is what most manufactures "upgrade" to.
I should have said just clarifying for the potential F-Type buyers. We seem to have many here lately.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
"Sport seats" is the JLR term for the base seats, which like Buick I also find incredibly comfortable. I also have chronic lower back pain.
+1 on both counts. I've done six 14-hour drives (3 round trips from MA to MI), and the seats have been fine for me.

Old 09-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Leaving the F Type

Agree with you guys. Sport seats were awesome. Performance seats in the R were pretty to look at but not comfortable...not enough padding.

The above based on test drives only to this point.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

So I concur with your comments. I think the F is fun but for me the cabin was too small. I couldn't see myself in an S-class car but certainly CLS/E. The XF RS was the perfect compromise. However, the tech is very low but I do little but listen to the radio in my cars.

Did you try out the XJL-R? I know it's too late but if you're ever looking back into Jag the XJL-R is a beast! Again, one size too large for me.

Enjoy the new toy!

Old 09-16-2015, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Horus
Hey All

What I did not know is how damn uncomfortable the sports seats were, how loud the road and wind noise was, and just how tiring it was to drive on long motorway cruises or sitting stuck in traffic in London.
I thought I wanted an out and out sports car...turns out I want a fast, comfortable, gadget laden cruiser. So I have made the move into a Merc S63 AMG Coupe.
I will miss the Jag and the wonderful noises, the sheer acceleration...but not the backaches and rattles.
How do you like the new Mercedes S class--any regrets?
This is a frustration for me. I love the look of the f-type, but I also like the idea of a comfortable more GT like ride. Perhaps it's the seats, the suspension, the wheels/tires? I think the option of the Mercedes s-class coupe is great. It is beautiful in it's own way, but the cost is (potentially and likely) a lot higher. Plus, it's just not the beautiful f-type.
Wish they upgraded the XK----

Old 09-17-2015, 04:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No regrets at all. I do miss the beauty of the F Type, the noises it makes and the acceleration.

But I have many things in the S Class that more than makes up for it...for me, right now, its the perfect car. I may get another 2 seat sports car but as a weekend car not a daily.

Strangely my Jag salesman didn't even try to get me into another Jag, which was OK as I had my heart set on a 2 door 4 seater. I just much prefer the look of coupes.

I am loving the S Class, its just awesome, powerful, comfortable, amazing tech and interior. Yes, a bit more expensive but you could get a S500 for the same money as an F Type R.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Horus,

That is a beautiful machine. Congratulations!

Old 09-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Congrats and enjoy. Many make the mistake to go for sports car when they wanted a luxury car. The next thing is the price point. There are very few cars competitive at price point of an R. At $200k you enter a whole different ball game and start competing with Bentley, AM and RR.

Both my Jags have been an absolute joy and are super comfortable on 2,000+ mile trips compared to the Porsches I had. No doubt the Benz will be even more comfortable. But it will not have the cache arriving at places nor have the fun of driving when getting into twisties. It certainly will be fast in a straight line but not as fast as the Jags. We all have our level of comfort and must haves, that is why they built so many different things and unless you have taken a longer trip in a Superleggera you don't know how really comfy the Jag already is ...

Last edited by Schwabe; 09-17-2015 at 11:00 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Schwabe:
RickyJay52 (09-18-2015), tberg (09-17-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 05:19 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Cheers all, happy driving to everyone

BTW, I have a set of genuine (and unused) Jaguar F Type R snow socks and car cover - if anyone is near Hertfordshire and wants to drop round and pick them up you are welcome to them no charge. Sorry but I cba to post them out. Send me a PM.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
Congrats and enjoy. Many make the mistake to go for sports car when they wanted a luxury car. The next thing is the price point. There are very few cars competitive at price point of an R. At $200k you enter a whole different ball game and start competing with Bentley, AM and RR.

Both my Jags have been an absolute joy and are super comfortable on 2,000+ mile trips compared to the Porsches I had. No doubt the Benz will be even more comfortable. But it will not have the cache arriving at places nor have the fun of driving when getting into twisties. It certainly will be fast in a straight line but not as fast as the Jags. We all have our level of comfort and must haves, that is why they built so many different things and unless you have taken a longer trip in a Superleggera you don't know how really comfy the Jag already is ...
Well said. Our F-Types - and in not just my opinion - have more cache (although what you refer to, I believe, is actually spelled cachet) than a Middle Eastern arms dealer. (No offense if there are any Middle Eastern arms dealers on the Forum). I don't expect the F-Type to be for everyone, and thankful it isn't.

Good luck Horus and happy motoring.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 09-18-2015 at 05:42 AM.