Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemon 2016 F-type R

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by bill0754
In my case or yours? Did or do you have any issues with your F-type?
Both cases. Only issue I've had with the current car was a dead battery and the rear diffuser is starting to unclip, but that was removed by the dealer at one point.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A dead battery isn't too bad. Try having a ticking sound from the top of the "B" pillars. Very annoying. I will still consider a replacement car, but if they take too much longer, i will buy something else.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Very similar issue I have with my type R, that I started a thread about, I'll pm u a link if you interested, when I get to my computer. I've spoken to customer service and told them I will seek counsel if need be and still no response.
I've dealt with many high end/luxury companies, automotive and otherwise, and all I can say is Jaguar had by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Seems as if they resent you for giving them your business.
I have an email from them that says they would present some sort of resolution within 30 days, the 30 days have passed and still nothing...
Never again will I give my business to jaguar.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:59 PM

Wow! I have had my issue since day one.....July 11th. So far, not a word from anyone from Jaguar. I am giving then till mid-week, then I file lemon law with the state. When that happens, my relationship with Jaguar is over. As of this coming Tuesday, my car has just been sitting for 3 weeks, disassembled in service, and not a single person has contacted me with a solution.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 521 Likes on 374 Posts

Personally I would not take anything less than a full refund. I would not want to have anything to do with Jaguar or their products after your experience. Enough is enough. Sorry to say but your car is already tainted with this experience and why would you want it back after having them take it apart or want another Jaguar after their treatment of you? Good luck and I hope you get satisfaction.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:50 PM

I won't take the same car back. I did find a 2017 "R" at the dealership, and they submitted that VIN to Jaguar as a full replacement. Or a full refund.....but I am worried about the sales tax. I traded in my Aston Martin which brought $101k to the deal Which gave me a credit of $7,070 towards my sales tax. I would assume they would have to refund this too.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully I can accomplish without a lawyer, but if not, I will use one.

I will update what happens in case anyone else is going thru this. If the do take too long reaching an agreeable outcome, I will have to invoke lemon law with a lawyer and that will end my interest in every owning a Jaguar again. At this point, I would be perfectly content with a replacement car.
I am an old Jaguar technician and i love Jaguars. As an owner that has had trouble i would beg you to get into another Jaguar and try to forget the on you had trouble with. Jaguars dependability is actually very high since the 1995 models and since. The number of problems have all but disappeared but as with ANY car a bad one can come off of the line. Please get into a replacement new Jaguar. I would bet that you will enjoy the car emensly. There is nothing to compare to driving a Jag.
As a former technician that has worked on high end European automobiles professionally i found that Jaguar's build was some of the best on the market. I have been a tech for 40 years and i have worked on almost every car made. I own a 1999 XJ8 L and all i have to do is change the oil and perform the scheduled maintenance and i have had just a couple of items fail. I replaced the radiator and water pump and i have 145k miles on the car. The car still drives like new and i love the car.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:57 PM

Depends on Jaguar now. I have only had the car 13 days since I bought it, and they have yet to contact me.

Old 09-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

[QUOTE=irlsunny;1529386]I am an old Jaguar technician and i love Jaguars. As an owner that has had trouble i would beg you to get into another Jaguar and try to forget the on you had trouble with. Jaguars dependability is actually very high since the 1995 models and since. The number of problems have all but disappeared but as with ANY car a bad one can come off of the line. Please get into a replacement new Jaguar. I would bet that you will enjoy the car emensly. There is nothing to compare to driving a Jag.
As a former technician that has worked on high end European automobiles professionally i found that Jaguar's build was some of the best on the market. I have been a tech for 40 years and i have worked on almost every car made. I own a 1999 XJ8 L and all i have to do is change the oil and perform the scheduled maintenance and i have had just a couple of items fail. I replaced the radiator and water pump and i have 145k miles on the car. The car still drives like new and i love the car.[/QUOTE

From the outside looking in; I would agree with what you say as I am on my fourth Jaguar and they have all been excellent.

Once you get a 'lemon' you do get discouraged and switching into a new car would be the remedy ... it does seem however that Jaguar corporate are asleep at the switch and someone needs to take responsibility to sort things out.
Lawrence.

Old 09-04-2016, 04:54 PM

I just wish Jaguar would show more concern towards the customer. So far, their customer service has been awful. No contact, not a single word. When I call CRC, I speak to my rep, but she has no info yet either.

If Jaguar wants to be a high end company, better customer service would be an ideal place to start. It is not just selling a single car, but backing up the product and keeping the customer happy. This is what brings a customer back, and also positive comments in regards to the product.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

There's an adage in the car biz. The first one is sold on the sales floor. The rest are sold by the service dept.

Sounds like Jag has forgotten that adage. That said, mine is fine. The couple of simple problems that it has had were repaired by the dealer. I've put 10k on it in 8 months - it runs like new.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by irlsunny
I am an old Jaguar technician and i love Jaguars. As an owner that has had trouble i would beg you to get into another Jaguar and try to forget the on you had trouble with. Jaguars dependability is actually very high since the 1995 models and since. The number of problems have all but disappeared but as with ANY car a bad one can come off of the line.
You're right... Any car can have a bad one come off the line. And since that is a possibility, customer service matters. When you're customer service is complete garbage and you just $hit on your customers constantly when the have issues, i'll stay far far away thank you. Never again.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:53 PM

Hopefully Jag will prove thier customer service this week. Or else, I will take the lemon law route and never buy or recommend another Jaguar. I have been very patient so far, but they are reaching my limit.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 521 Likes on 374 Posts

Any car is only as good as it's quality of servicability. For this OP it is obviously to be sub par. Even if you were driving a Lexus the treatment you have received is unacceptable. We should learn from our experiences. I would have lost any loyalty to the Brand after being ignored.

Last edited by bocatrip; 09-04-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:19 PM

So far....hopefully they will prove us all wrong. I am supposed to hear from CRC on Tuesday. And I hope that they have an acceptable solution.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

In my case or yours? Did or do you have any issues with your F-type?
Take a look at the link that he posted.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:08 PM

Where is the link?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

See post #17

Old 09-04-2016, 09:28 PM

Read it....sounds like his dealer is as bad as mine. My car is still there, 5th visit. And this time it as already been there a total of 40 days since I purchased it. I am giving Jaguar CRC till Wed to come up with a solution, or I will be initiating the lemon law. It's a pain, but I don't think I have any other choice at this point.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member

Read it....sounds like his dealer is as bad as mine.
I truly don't think its the dealers fault. I think Jaguar isn't giving them the tools to succeed. My dealer was as much in the dark as I was; minus a few questionable oversights during deliver, they were actually very good to me. Jaguar customer service/NAFTA sales team is the problem here. They just don't give a $hit once the order is placed.

Quick Reply: Lemon 2016 F-type R