F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemon 2016 F-type R

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my case, Jaguar appears to be taking the car back. The dealer has no interest in the vehicle. As far as I am aware, they are replacing my lemon 2016 with a 2017. According to the dealer, Jaguar is currently getting the proper papers together for my bank.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 728 Likes on 501 Posts

That is certainly a far better outcome than giving you a 16 as a replacement. Let's hope things continue in a positive direction from here on.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:32 PM

I will post the outcome, when it happens.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by JagRag
Actually the "Lemon Law" does protect the next buyer. Once a car is declared as a "Manufacturer buy-back" (AKA lemon-law), this will show up on a "Car-Proof" or "Car-Fax" report as such.
If Jaguar has the dealer do a trade assist (as they usually do) this car will not show as a Lemon.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:03 AM

They are not doing a trade assist. They are taking the car back to corp from what I understand. My dealer made it quite clear they would not take the car period, as this repair would be too extensive.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:42 PM

Jaguar informed me that the car will be branded on the title due to the amount of time in service.

I signed the agreement, so hopefully I will be getting the replacement car shortly.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 534 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by bill0754
Jaguar informed me that the car will be branded on the title due to the amount of time in service.

I signed the agreement, so hopefully I will be getting the replacement car shortly.
Although I feel you have won the war... ( and I don't want to burst your balloon after all this time)... you are still left with the Jaguar Corp.... I certainly hope your new ride is free of your previous issues, but personally I would hate to have to deal with this company ever again. Good luck to you and enjoy your new ride.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:46 PM

I have to admit, I was pissed in the beginning, but once I contacted CRC, the whole process took about 3 weeks. Better than lemon law, which can take longer. And I am getting a 2017 to replace my 2016, Hopefully this one won't have any issues. My first f-Type was problem free.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
Although I feel you have won the war... ( and I don't want to burst your balloon after all this time)... you are still left with the Jaguar Corp.... I certainly hope your new ride is free of your previous issues, but personally I would hate to have to deal with this company ever again. Good luck to you and enjoy your new ride.
Except for the sound system issue, Jaguar has generally been responsive to all of the issues that we have thrown at them. In that case, they were probably just as mystified as we were as to how to resolve the issue which really belongs to Meridian. Specific instances of poor customer service generally point back to the individual dealers. In that respect, Jaguar may have some dealer training (or culling) to do.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

in other news, there's a 16 F-type that will be put for sale really soon for REALLY REALLY cheap.........great buy! haha

Old 09-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Except for the sound system issue, Jaguar has generally been responsive to all of the issues that we have thrown at them. In that case, they were probably just as mystified as we were as to how to resolve the issue which really belongs to Meridian. Specific instances of poor customer service generally point back to the individual dealers. In that respect, Jaguar may have some dealer training (or culling) to do.
Agree with what you are saying..

Usually the concerns or complaints are completely valid, although the affected party immediately becomes overly paranoid .. I can see this happening to most of us as we love the car and don't want a long drawn out hassle with the dealer/Jaguar.

In the end, it seems these issues get worked out pretty quickly. My only experience with Jaguar is with a guy that over-revved the engine on decel and blew it.. Jaguar could tell from the computer read out, yet they replaced it anyway. The other was my mistake when I ordered the spare tire I assumed the pump and gunk came with it .. it does not, yet Jaguar sent me a pump and gunk, unexpectedly.
Lawrence

Old 09-14-2016, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
According to Cambo's research, it may not be Meridian's problem at all. He has provided pretty compelling evidence that the components are not really Meridian components, and that JLR likely just paid for Meridian branding.

I may have that wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard him saying couple of months ago. It does make some sense because with all the dissatisfied people, I would think JLR would have significant leverage over Meridian if they actually built the system.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
According to Cambo's research, it may not be Meridian's problem at all. He has provided pretty compelling evidence that the components are not really Meridian components, and that JLR likely just paid for Meridian branding.

I may have that wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard him saying couple of months ago. It does make some sense because with all the dissatisfied people, I would think JLR would have significant leverage over Meridian if they actually built the system.
Doesn't say much for Meridian if they are willing to compromise their brand reputation for a few bucks to license off their name to god knows what quality equipment from a generic manufacturer.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:23 AM

Well, yesterday ended well. Jaguar replaced my 2016 R with a 2017 R. The bank worked with me as well and did a collateral exchange. So, there were some odd papers to sign, but no additional money and my loan stays intact.

It took CRC less than 3 weeks to accomplish this task, and considering this is a corporation, I think that is excellent. Daniel Massaro of Jaguar did an excellent job of restoring my faith in Jaguar customer service. Along with Bridget O'Dwyer from CRC.

Oh, and all the way home I listened...and not a single click, rattle of pop in the new car.

Attached Thumbnails Lemon 2016 F-type R-2017-jaguar-f-type-122193846.jpg  
Old 09-15-2016, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

congrats! im glad everything worked out for you in the end

Old 09-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by bill0754
Well, yesterday ended well. Jaguar replaced my 2016 R with a 2017 R. The bank worked with me as well and did a collateral exchange. So, there were some odd papers to sign, but no additional money and my loan stays intact.

It took CRC less than 3 weeks to accomplish this task, and considering this is a corporation, I think that is excellent. Daniel Massaro of Jaguar did an excellent job of restoring my faith in Jaguar customer service. Along with Bridget O'Dwyer from CRC.

Oh, and all the way home I listened...and not a single click, rattle of pop in the new car.
Good afternoon Bill0754,

Thank you for your post.

I am pleased to learn you are happy with your new vehicle, however I also apologise for any inconvenience that may have occurred throughout the process.

I will be more than happy to provide the feedback you have kindly advised of to the relevant market.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Old 09-17-2016, 11:58 AM

Here is a new photo of my 2017

Attached Thumbnails Lemon 2016 F-type R-dsc_0017.jpg  
Old 09-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,581 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Congratulations! Now enjoy yourself.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts