F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Likes and Dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Likes and Dislikes

Been driving my V8S now for 1000 miles. Overall, I truly love it. Most fun car I've had in a while. (Previous rides: 2011 Maserati QP, 2008 SL55, 2006 M6, 2003 M3).

Likes: Power, power, smoothness, steering feel, price, seats, looks, initial quality, power. Did I say power?

Dislikes: (many fixable by software upgrade... are you listening Jaguar?)
ECO mode should remember previous setting (or better yet, be eliminated). Same for exhaust.
Windows should go up when top is done raising.
Zooming in and out on maps should be simpler... +/- minus button?
Finish inside trunk is a bit low-rent.
Front proximity sensors should turn on automatically below a certain speed.
Doors need a good slam.. a soft close option would be nice.
Speakers rattle a bit at higher volumes.

Overall, I'm very pleased. Great car!

The following 2 users liked this post by bobby emm:
swajames (12-23-2013), vidstar (05-09-2014)
Old 12-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bobby emm
Been driving my V8S now for 1000 miles. Overall, I truly love it. Most fun car I've had in a while. (Previous rides: 2011 Maserati QP, 2008 SL55, 2006 M6, 2003 M3).

Likes: Power, power, smoothness, steering feel, price, seats, looks, initial quality, power. Did I say power?

ECO mode should remember previous setting (or better yet, be eliminated). Same for exhaust.

Overall, I'm very pleased. Great car!
The problem with front proximity sensors turning on at low speeds is they then go off when you pull up to the car in front of you at a red light. Annoying.

Anxiously awaiting delivery of my car.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree on all fronts. I have had mine now for 24 hours and really like it. Fastest car I have ever had. Previously owned quite a variety of sports cars. This thing is crazy fast. I am amazed by the ZF automatic transmission. It is better than any single or dual clutch from other sports cars--I just can't believe it. Smooth as a luxury sedan in normal mode on the freeway, but fast and mean in dynamic mode with sport shift. I also find the controls overall to be more intuitive than most other luxury brands. Still learning, but so far I am really impressed.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

All good points Bobby, I second them

Old 12-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good points. I don't have any rattling with my speakers. The ECO mode is the most annoying!

Old 12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Absolutely loving my new car and I'm very happy so far. Agree with many of the ideas on bobby emm's list, but the one thing I'd like to see is an ability to start the car without the initial loud roar for those times you need it. Most times I love it, but if you're leaving early in the morning or late at night there's a worry that starting her up will annoy the neighbors. I do wish Jaguar allowed us the option to defeat the loud startup for those times when a little more stealth might be appropriate.

Other than that, it's just a fabulous car!

Old 12-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree with pretty much everyone's comments. I would like the car to stay in what ever mode you left it in, except traction control off. I think you should have to make a conscious effort to shut it off every time. I would like to have the exhaust button have full control over the cut out. Like SWAJAMES said there are times when you want the car to start quietly, or even pass quietly, roaring past someone in traffic will often just **** them off. Stealth is some times good. I would also like to have a front mounted camera, like the backup camera. The front sensors will just beep once or twice several feet out then look right over a curb. Then you will always see just how close you are to anything, like a curb or another car.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my V8S three days ago and agree with all the comments. Biggest niggle to me personally is the Eco boost defaulting to ON. However have over come this by keeping it in dynamic mode. Also over come exhaust button issue by duct taping it on!!!

Old 12-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Most likely explanation for default to ECO is that it boosts the fuel economy figures reported on the vehicle sticker; I was told that my Ferrari 599 defaulted to automatic on startup for the same reason.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

All good points, all which could be carried over to all brands..

The proximity issus MB fixed with problems, so why should Jag BMW ect not be able to follow suite??
And I too really hate when the car does not remember which mode you were in last..

Old 01-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default dislikes

Have to agree with the eco mode and exhaust mode. Should not need to be re set.

Too bad they didn’t do the widows like the C6 corvettes where they lower automatically about 1/4 inch before the doors close. When the door closes the simply go up to seal.

Now we (recent post) have found that the gas cap does NOT lock when the car is locked. So tampering is easy. At these prices they should be locked.

Still love the car but a few thingsare annoying

Old 01-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by themacs
Now we (recent post) have found that the gas cap does NOT lock when the car is locked. So tampering is easy.
Really??? How do you lock it then?

edit

just saw the thread that adresses the issue... Must say that if this is true then it is almost a deal breaker on a premimum car...

Last edited by Stormdk; 01-03-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a few more items that can be addressed with a software update...

1. Key fob should lower (raise) windows, then top, when the unlock (lock) button is held. My SL did this and it was quite nice on a hot day.

2. On both of my other cars (GL and Ford Fusion) the Bluetooth is capable of notifying about and displaying (and "reading") incoming and outgoing text messages. Why not the Jag?

3. Windows should lower a slight bit when the door is open and then return to full up when the door is closed. This will make the doors a lot easier to close without needing to slam them.

4. I wish the navigation would attempt to announce the actual street names like it does and my other two cars.

Does Jaguar monitor this forum?

Last edited by bobby emm; 01-05-2014 at 08:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
themacs (01-05-2014)
Old 01-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,993 Likes on 2,128 Posts

Here's a few more items that can be addressed with a software update...

1. Key fob should lower (raise) windows, then top, when the unlock (lock) button is held. My SL did this and it was quite nice on a hot day.

Does Jaguar monitor this forum?
The JagWrangler does

See https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-video-109235/

I have my eye on doing a kit for the F-type before too long.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 01-05-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:09 PM

Your points are totally valid. Much lesser cars do so much more with technology. This is not expensive. For what these cars cost they should do much more.
You should be able to fully talk to the system for the phone, nav. etc.
Gee the Infinity M’s have done this since 2006.

I hope someone can send this “Forum" to Jag and I hope they care.

Scott

Old 01-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 22,578 Likes on 8,993 Posts

Originally Posted by themacs
Your points are totally valid. Much lesser cars do so much more with technology. This is not expensive. For what these cars cost they should do much more.
You should be able to fully talk to the system for the phone, nav. etc.
Gee the Infinity M’s have done this since 2006.

I hope someone can send this “Forum" to Jag and I hope they care.

Scott
Contact Mike...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...lations-95705/

Old 01-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi All,

I have been pointed in this direction by one of the members.

Glad to hear that over all everyone is enjoying their F-Type! I drove one for the first time not so long ago and was amazed!

I will feedback everyone's pros and cons to our research team. If anyone has any faults with their vehicle then please PM me with further details and I will help where possible.

On the note of the fuel cap my understand (from my technical team) is that the fuel cap doesn't lock however the fuel flap does. Of course if this is incorrect then let me know.

Many Thanks

Mike

The following users liked this post:
Jayt2 (01-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 11:56 AM

I had PM'ed Mike and it was great for him to get back to me / us so quickly. I just PM’ed him that the fuel FLAP does not lock.

I will let all know what he says.

Scott

Old 01-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Jaguar
Hi All,

I have been pointed in this direction by one of the members.

Glad to hear that over all everyone is enjoying their F-Type! I drove one for the first time not so long ago and was amazed!

I will feedback everyone's pros and cons to our research team. If anyone has any faults with their vehicle then please PM me with further details and I will help where possible.

On the note of the fuel cap my understand (from my technical team) is that the fuel cap doesn't lock however the fuel flap does. Of course if this is incorrect then let me know.

Many Thanks

Mike
Hi Mike,

just to confirm, on my car (and it appears others) there is no lock at all for either the fuel cap or the fuel filler flap. With the car locked, you can open both and you have unfettered access to my full tank of premium... It's something I've taken up with the dealer and they advised me to take it up with JCNA.

Otherwise loving the car - it's absolutely fantastic!

Old 01-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Can you guys clarify the nature of concern regarding the fuel cap?

My understanding that nearly all modern vehicles come with anti-syphon filler tubes where it would be very difficult to steal the fuel.

On the other hand if you are concerned about fuel contamination (vandalism) I do see that as a valid concern, even if I personally never heard of, or known, an issue, like that.

Albert

Quick Reply: Likes and Dislikes