F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Limit rear spoiler raise height?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limit rear spoiler raise height?

I absolutely hate how high the rear spoiler raises at 70mph on my '16 Jaguar FTR coupe. That said, while I was cleaning the car and manually adjusting the spoiler I noticed that it looks pretty damn nice only halfway raised. Can anyone tell me if it would be easy to limit the factory raise to about half... either manually with some modified hardware or possibly software programming? This would still give some help to keeping the rear planted at higher speeds, definitely look much better and maybe even possibly add to top speed and lower drag?

This would be an optimum fix for me opposed to purchasing an over priced, fixed rear spoiler as it will keep the lines of the car when not driving over 70mph or so.

Electronic/Spoiler experts.!? Thanks

Last edited by Jagsky; 10-25-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question. Looking forward to replies.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Would be nice if someone could develop a module to create a speed dependent height controller.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:13 PM

I was hoping that it might be even easier than that... Maybe by shortening the length of some of the under spoiler hardware, the under spoiler motor would still raise to the same stock level but with the hardware being at a shorter length... the result would be it not raising it up as high. I don't know if I'm explaining it well. I'm not an engineer... I just want to limit the amount the spoiler will raise to about half. LOL

Old 10-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Would be nice if someone could develop a module to create a speed dependent height controller.
I asked Cambo this exact question a couple of weeks ago (by email, not on the forum), and this was his response:

"Regarding the spoiler settings, so far we didn't find anything in the CCF to change the set speeds for when it moves up/down. I suspect that it is hard-coded into the firmware of one of the Junction Boxes and reverse-engineering that firmware is a huge job and it's not on the to-do list at all..."

When Cambo says "we" he means himself and one or two ex-JLR techs who have all the necessary SDD gear and knowledge to do stacks of things to various JLR products. If he and his mates don't know how to do it then I suspect almost no-one does!

Old 10-25-2016, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I asked Cambo this exact question a couple of weeks ago (by email, not on the forum), and this was his response:

"Regarding the spoiler settings, so far we didn't find anything in the CCF to change the set speeds for when it moves up/down. I suspect that it is hard-coded into the firmware of one of the Junction Boxes and reverse-engineering that firmware is a huge job and it's not on the to-do list at all..."

When Cambo says "we" he means himself and one or two ex-JLR techs who have all the necessary SDD gear and knowledge to do stacks of things to various JLR products. If he and his mates don't know how to do it then I suspect almost no-one does!
This is very disappointing to hear...

Old 10-26-2016, 08:07 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

fwiw, I had my 2014 in the shop for annual maintenance and asked the service manager if they could reprogram the spoiler not to come up and the mirrors not to fold in at lock mode. When I picked the car up, they were able to reprogram the mirrors but said they have no way to change the spoiler action.