F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked out

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018 | 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd

Even a broken clock is right at least twice a day.
But the Jag is digital.

Old 12-06-2018 | 02:37 PM

Just an idea if it happens to anyone else it might be worth a try (not tried it myself)

If you can’t open the door with the fob can you still unlock the car using the remote phone app (assuming you have it) ? Assuming it’s not a flat main battery issue.

kev

Old 12-13-2018 | 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by stmcknig

you don’t. You use the charge points under the bonnet/hood.
Is it that little box, right side front? I opened up the red one and saw a flat terminal but nothing under the black. Just some fuses. So all I would need to do is connect the red?

Old 12-13-2018 | 04:24 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
Is it that little box, right side front? I opened up the red one and saw a flat terminal but nothing under the black. Just some fuses. So all I would need to do is connect the red?
Please read your owner's manual. It is all there. But for immediate satisfaction: the positive connection point is under the red cover. Just to the left of that cover (meaning closer to the windshield) is a threaded post. That is the negative connection....but the best place and permanent place to connect the CTEK unit (if that is what is in question) is in the trunk (and there are specific instructions in several threads here). If you rely on the connection points under the hood/bonnet, you will end up not using the charging unit because it is not convenient. But if you make permanent connections in the trunk, the process of connection takes a matter of a few seconds.

The following users liked this post:
Jagged Wire (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018 | 05:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sov211

Please read your owner's manual. It is all there. But for immediate satisfaction: the positive connection point is under the red cover. Just to the left of that cover (meaning closer to the windshield) is a threaded post. That is the negative connection....but the best place and permanent place to connect the CTEK unit (if that is what is in question) is in the trunk (and there are specific instructions in several threads here). If you rely on the connection points under the hood/bonnet, you will end up not using the charging unit because it is not convenient. But if you make permanent connections in the trunk, the process of connection takes a matter of a few seconds.
Not so, I use the connections under the bonnet/hood in preference to those in the boot/trunk, it takes me literally two seconds to connect my battery charger, and I don't even need to unlock the car let alone open anything, see here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...3/#post1710314
Since I did that install I have figured out how to tuck the end of the pigtail up under the edge of the bonnet/hood, between the metal and the plastic lining, such that I simply have to pull the lead out from the outside of the car then tuck it back away when I am finished with the charger. No fuss, no muss, works perfectly every time!