Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long time fan, first time F-type owner.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 10:10 PM
Received 58 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by flyrchris
Thanks for the post and pics.
Looks like the frame barely fits in the back. Nice hand controls. Are those Menox hand controls? Look way more modern and newer than mine.

Thanks for showing a Jaguar shouldn't be crossed off the list.
You are very welcome. Happy to help!

This is a Veigel Compact II hand control. Very neat and only the top part moves back when accelerating. The entire lever moves forward when braking.

It is definitely a tight fit in the back but hey, if it fits, it ships, haha. Most of the time, I’m driving solo anyway. I’m thinking that when I change my chair to a flat folding one, it’ll give me more room to pack things on top in the hatch. I’ma big fan of Motion Composites wheelchairs because they are super light (carbon fiber) and sporty. This one right here is a flat folding one that may be my next one.

https://www.motioncomposites.com/en_...lchairs/veloce

I also like that with the tint, you can’t see the wheelchair in the hatch.

when I drive solo and have the chair wedged in front of the passenger seat, it keeps it from moving around when I’m hooning around (all the time).

let me know if you have any more questions or would like more photos.

Old 06-21-2022, 10:40 PM
Received 130 Likes on 72 Posts

Beautiful absolutely beautiful, welcome to the club!

The following users liked this post:
ViperX100 (06-22-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 08:10 AM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

Beautiful ride. Welcome to the club and forum. I'm in the DMV area as well. There's a few of us that meet up at the Katie's Cars and Coffee Saturday mornings. Hit me up if you ever make it out and we'll coordinate to meet up. My car just got totaled (rear ended) but plan on getting another F Type asap but it will take some time for me to get it modded to what I had. Hope we meet up at some point.

Again, congrats on the new ride and glad to see that you were able to make your dream car work of you.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by datriani
Beautiful ride. Welcome to the club and forum. I'm in the DMV area as well. There's a few of us that meet up at the Katie's Cars and Coffee Saturday mornings. Hit me up if you ever make it out and we'll coordinate to meet up. My car just got totaled (rear ended) but plan on getting another F Type asap but it will take some time for me to get it modded to what I had. Hope we meet up at some point.

Again, congrats on the new ride and glad to see that you were able to make your dream car work of you.
Thanks so much! I am definitely down. Katie's is only 30 minutes from me. Is it every Saturday morning and what time? I should have my car back from the dealer (infotainment update) in about a week (fingers crossed). Sorry to hear about your car being rear-ended. I saw that thread, that photo was heart-wrenching. Hopefully, you are able to get a decent deal (the used car market is nuts these days as you know). I do love your spoiler, I was thinking of getting one, myself. Where did you order yours from?

Old 06-22-2022, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by ViperX100
Thanks so much! I am definitely down. Katie's is only 30 minutes from me. Is it every Saturday morning and what time? I should have my car back from the dealer (infotainment update) in about a week (fingers crossed). Sorry to hear about your car being rear-ended. I saw that thread, that photo was heart-wrenching. Hopefully, you are able to get a decent deal (the used car market is nuts these days as you know). I do love your spoiler, I was thinking of getting one, myself. Where did you order yours from?

It usually starts at sunrise which is pretty early these days but it's usually a huge turn out so getting early ensures a great spot. Before the accident, I would usually get there around 6/6:30 but anything before 7:30 is good. It runs for a few hours but I normally leave before 9:30/10.

Good luck with the infotainment update. If your stereo is lacking (farting base, lack of CarPlay) let me know, more than happy to help. I've got some extra lightweight dynamat that will seal up your doors and will improve the sound system significantly, really tightens up the low end. And UAD CarPlay is a quick and easy install as well but I think there might be more options (easier install) in the market since I installed the UAD CarPlay module.

Yeah the market is a bit nuts. I found a few that I like and it's definitely pricier than what was on the market 18 months ago.

I picked up the spoiler from Suburban of Troy JLR for $1460.17. I think it's a beautiful design and goes with the car really well if you're looking for a sportier look but not something over the top.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by datriani
It usually starts at sunrise which is pretty early these days but it's usually a huge turn out so getting early ensures a great spot. Before the accident, I would usually get there around 6/6:30 but anything before 7:30 is good. It runs for a few hours but I normally leave before 9:30/10.

Good luck with the infotainment update. If your stereo is lacking (farting base, lack of CarPlay) let me know, more than happy to help. I've got some extra lightweight dynamat that will seal up your doors and will improve the sound system significantly, really tightens up the low end. And UAD CarPlay is a quick and easy install as well but I think there might be more options (easier install) in the market since I installed the UAD CarPlay module.

Yeah the market is a bit nuts. I found a few that I like and it's definitely pricier than what was on the market 18 months ago.

I picked up the spoiler from Suburban of Troy JLR for $1460.17. I think it's a beautiful design and goes with the car really well if you're looking for a sportier look but not something over the top.
That sounds just like a cars and coffee that I've been to once before (not sure if it was the same location or not because that was a while ago now). It was definitely packed after some time and lots of impressive cars showed up.

You know, I just may take you up on that sound offer. My initial impression is being rather disappointed (I have the upgraded surround Meridian). I am coming from the 2019 C43 coupe Burmeister and it sounded a LOT better. I understand that the lack of space for sound inside a roadster has something to do with that versus a coupe but still... I ordered Joyeauto CarPlay but they canceled the sale today (sign from the universe?). The UAD option is a little more $ but you get to keep the factory navigation, correct?

Thanks for the spoiler info. It is a great-looking piece, indeed. Since my wheelchair wheels sitting on top of the hatch cover block me seeing the rising factory spoiler over 70mph, it makes all the sense to at least have something on my car that I can see and enjoy at all times.

Old 06-22-2022, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ViperX100
That sounds just like a cars and coffee that I've been to once before (not sure if it was the same location or not because that was a while ago now). It was definitely packed after some time and lots of impressive cars showed up.

You know, I just may take you up on that sound offer. My initial impression is being rather disappointed (I have the upgraded surround Meridian). I am coming from the 2019 C43 coupe Burmeister and it sounded a LOT better. I understand that the lack of space for sound inside a roadster has something to do with that versus a coupe but still... I ordered Joyeauto CarPlay but they canceled the sale today (sign from the universe?). The UAD option is a little more $ but you get to keep the factory navigation, correct?

Thanks for the spoiler info. It is a great-looking piece, indeed. Since my wheelchair wheels sitting on top of the hatch cover block me seeing the rising factory spoiler over 70mph, it makes all the sense to at least have something on my car that I can see and enjoy at all times.
There are some definite head turners at Katie's.

I upgraded the speakers to the higher end JLR speakers (3 way doors and center for about $800) that would have come from a Jag XF and RR and did the dynamating at the same time but I think just doing the dynamat will tighten the bass up well enough. Woofers wear out over time and with a 6 year old car I figured upgrading them for a kevlar cone would make it sound good for a bit longer. I also cut the lines to the rear subs because there's not much you can do with them unless you do a significant installation with a custom subwoofer enclosure. This removed the bass farting sounds and with the doors dynamatted, the bass comes through clean and clear. I kept the mid/tweet rear speakers for the surround effect but didn't change out the speakers. The mids and tweets upgrades made a minimal difference.

The UAD does take up your navigation but with CarPlay and Waze, I don't miss it at all. The doors take about 1.5 hours each to do and the center speaker is a pain because of the angle but can be done in about an hour or less. The UAD takes about 30-45 minutes to install depending on which version you have. If you need any details for what I bought, let me know because I just pulled together all the receipts and have them readily available. Let me know if you need help with anything, it's a quick drive out to you.