Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking For 2015 Used F-type S.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Looking For 2015 Used F-type S.

As I know there is a tremendous amount of knowledge on this forum, I know this is the place to start.
I had been planning to purchase a 2017 F-type S as a personal driver, only worrying about the initial depreciation, but considering that I usually own my cars until I pass them to my son(the last went after 20 yrs.), not a big deal.
While perusing nearby Jag dealers I found a 2015 with ridiculously low mileage, loaded, in a color combo that is almost ideal.
Is there anything about the 2015's that should be checked compared to later years? Does the infotainment system need to be/can be updated? Is the screen the same size, etc. Anything I should be especially wary of?
The dealer claims it is a one owner car returned because the elderly purchaser could not handle the excess power and it caused him back issues. Of course I know a used car dealer would NEVER give me any bad information.....
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thx.
Sam

Old 02-10-2017, 02:52 PM
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

These F Types are proving themselves to be pretty reliable. Other than the weird squeak and rattle, I don't think people are having many problems with them. The stereo has a known issue with a known fix.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
As I know there is a tremendous amount of knowledge on this forum, I know this is the place to start.
I had been planning to purchase a 2017 F-type S as a personal driver, only worrying about the initial depreciation, but considering that I usually own my cars until I pass them to my son(the last went after 20 yrs.), not a big deal.
While perusing nearby Jag dealers I found a 2015 with ridiculously low mileage, loaded, in a color combo that is almost ideal.
Is there anything about the 2015's that should be checked compared to later years? Does the infotainment system need to be/can be updated? Is the screen the same size, etc. Anything I should be especially wary of?
The dealer claims it is a one owner car returned because the elderly purchaser could not handle the excess power and it caused him back issues. Of course I know a used car dealer would NEVER give me any bad information.....
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thx.
Sam
The infotainment system cannot be updated. JustDrive and InControl Remote I don't believe will work on the 2015. Otherwise, not much difference from 2015 to 2016.

Last edited by Unhingd; 02-10-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

If there is just one set of USB sockets in the centre console then for sure it doesn't have the InControl stuff and I recall the Jaguar site saying that can't be retrofitted.

Funny but the first coupe I looked at when I went window shopping was IRR with 20" wheels and had been bought by another legend of the second hand car sales world "the little old lady". The sales guy said she traded it in for the tiny Buick crossover after owning it for a year. It was getting too much of a struggle to get in and out for her husband. Allegedly ;-)

The only other "issue" with the 2015MY was the loss of a year and 10K miles in the warranty - in 2016MY it went to 6 and 60K from 5 and 50K I believe....

Old 02-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
If there is just one set of USB sockets in the centre console then for sure it doesn't have the InControl stuff and I recall the Jaguar site saying that can't be retrofitted.

Funny but the first coupe I looked at when I went window shopping was IRR with 20" wheels and had been bought by another legend of the second hand car sales world "the little old lady". The sales guy said she traded it in for the tiny Buick crossover after owning it for a year. It was getting too much of a struggle to get in and out for her husband. Allegedly ;-)

The only other "issue" with the 2015MY was the loss of a year and 10K miles in the warranty - in 2016MY it went to 6 and 60K from 5 and 50K I believe....
Did you find lots of little rubber ***** from all the tire debris under the wheel wells? These little old ladies really know how to burn through tires...

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (02-11-2017)
Old 02-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

Will have to look for the little rubber *****. Have not seen the car in person yet, just the computer ad. The warranty info is one thing I needed to know. Thanks. I may look at an extended warranty. MIght be worthwhile in my location.
Do the 2015 have back-up sensors or are they available on any of that year or later.
Thx for all the good info.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

I believe sensors (front back and camera) are part of the "vision" package which also includes heated seats (figure that one out!). Look for the camera below the rear license plate in photos if the specs don't call it out. There has been much debate on whether they are necessary - in my view on a convertible most definitely, on a coupe I'm glad they are there.