F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Location/Route do you prefer???
Angeles Crest National Forest route
16.67%
Canyons near Malibu route
75.00%
Shut your stupid face NoScurydyJags!!!!
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Los Angeles area F-Type meet/3hr canyon blast???

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 02:39 AM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Los Angeles area F-Type meet/3hr canyon blast???

Hey guys, I think that everyone will agree that the meet we had on 07/22/17 was AWESOME!!! I really hope we get a chance to do it again too!

I noticed that there were some cars that liked to take it easy on the canyon portion of the meet/cruise and others that wanted to go ***** to the walls.

I'm curious if anyone here would be interested in a canyon blast that would be just twists and turns for almost 3 hours followed by a late lunch and drinks??

There are two locations which I absolutely love!

LOCATION 1 :

Angeles Crest National Forest

^This route starts in Tujunga, we would meet up at Starbucks in the morning and make our way towards the forest, we could stop at Newcombs ranch and have a drink and recover before finishing the route at Sakura Japanese restaurant for food and drinks (or one of the other restaurants in the area). This is perfect for those that enjoy a nice canyon run full of twists and turns! This would be a long run, it would take approx 3 hours and spans 113 miles!

^Heres the satellite view of the trail.

LOCATION 2:

Canyons near Malibu

^This route starts off of Topanga Canyon/PCH and goes through Mulhollnad Hwy, Stunt Rd, Schueren Rd, Pluma Rd, Las Virgenes Rd, Mullholland Hwy, Kanan Dume Rd, Latigo Canyon Rd, PCH, Decker Rd, Encinal Canyon Rd, Kanan Rd, Agoura Rd, Lindero Canyon Rd, Triunfo Canyon Rd, S Westlake Blvd, Westlake Blvd, Mullholland Hwy, Little Sycamore Canyon Rd, Yerba Buena Rd, and finally Finishing off for drinks and food at Neptunes Nest!<br/><br/>LOTS OF TWISTS, TURNS, and pretty sights! This would also be a long run, it would take approx 3 hours and spans 97 miles!<br/>

^Heres the satellite view of the trail

So what do you guys think? Anyone interested in something like this?

Old 07-24-2017, 11:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

I'ma crash it again..lol

Old 07-24-2017, 11:56 PM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

holy shitness...this looks AMAZING

Old 07-25-2017, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
I'ma crash it again..lol
Lol, I hope so man! It would be awesome if we could get a decent sized group to do this.

Originally Posted by BostonKiller
holy shitness...this looks AMAZING
Hahaha, yea man both of these routes are amazing!! One of my favorite things is hitting up Angeles Crest forest at night!!! Very few cars on the road and you get to go as ***** out as you want!

Something like this isn't everyone's cup of tea and that's fine. I would expect though that those that would want to do this also have the desire to be quick in the process??? That doesn't mean though that others that want to take it easier are left out, for those that want to take it easy through the route, they could stay near the end of the line to avoid blocking the faster car. This way everyone's happy!

We would also setup some rules to avoid any nasty situations.

I could text the route link to all drivers so we each have it on our phones ready to go so no one gets lost or anything, not that they would but just in case.

If we could get like 8 to 10 cars together to do this, it would be awesome! Oh man, the sounds reverberating through the canyons!!!!!

Lets make this happen guys! Some time in mid August would be great, or whenever works for a majority of people here!

Old 07-25-2017, 11:17 AM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I really like the Malibu canyons. I have driven these a few times in my Mini Cooper S, and had a blast, without having to go too far over the speed limit. One time had a 911 chasing me through the corners - had him on every corner, but he was right on me on the straights. Have done Angeles Crest once, and it was amazing! Recently drove my Dinan tuned 535i on Kanan had a great time as well, but just did Kanan Road, as a way to get out of traffic on the 101. I stopped running these about 6 years ago, mainly due to elevated levels of traffic on the weekends and lots of cops seemed to be waiting around corners!

Sounds like a lot of fun, count me in, but I am pretty much toast till the third week of September between summer vacation plans and visiting family (non car people!). These routes are great! What great choices we have here in Southern California! Thanks NoScurdyJags, hope I can make it!

Old 07-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Depending on date, I'm in.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
I'ma crash it again..lol
Haha, I couldn't make this one but hopefully next time.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by NoScurdyJags
Lol, I hope so man! It would be awesome if we could get a decent sized group to do this.

Hahaha, yea man both of these routes are amazing!! One of my favorite things is hitting up Angeles Crest forest at night!!! Very few cars on the road and you get to go as ***** out as you want!

Something like this isn't everyone's cup of tea and that's fine. I would expect though that those that would want to do this also have the desire to be quick in the process??? That doesn't mean though that others that want to take it easier are left out, for those that want to take it easy through the route, they could stay near the end of the line to avoid blocking the faster car. This way everyone's happy!

We would also setup some rules to avoid any nasty situations.

I could text the route link to all drivers so we each have it on our phones ready to go so no one gets lost or anything, not that they would but just in case.

If we could get like 8 to 10 cars together to do this, it would be awesome! Oh man, the sounds reverberating through the canyons!!!!!

Lets make this happen guys! Some time in mid August would be great, or whenever works for a majority of people here!
The Malibu route looks insanely fun. Not sure my bones can take 3 hours of those winding and twisting roads... would hope there may be a few breaks along the route, allowing some of the less spirited drivers the opportunity to rejoin the group.
What plan might you have for avoiding the inevitable: congestion and leo?

Old 07-27-2017, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by 17jag
I really like the Malibu canyons. I have driven these a few times in my Mini Cooper S, and had a blast, without having to go too far over the speed limit. One time had a 911 chasing me through the corners - had him on every corner, but he was right on me on the straights. Have done Angeles Crest once, and it was amazing! Recently drove my Dinan tuned 535i on Kanan had a great time as well, but just did Kanan Road, as a way to get out of traffic on the 101. I stopped running these about 6 years ago, mainly due to elevated levels of traffic on the weekends and lots of cops seemed to be waiting around corners!

Sounds like a lot of fun, count me in, but I am pretty much toast till the third week of September between summer vacation plans and visiting family (non car people!). These routes are great! What great choices we have here in Southern California! Thanks NoScurdyJags, hope I can make it!

I agree bud, both of the locations are awesome! Traffic and cops on the Malibu route are a bit of a concern though...

Originally Posted by tberg
Depending on date, I'm in.
Awesome!

Originally Posted by TimelessR
Haha, I couldn't make this one but hopefully next time.
Maybe you could make this one, when we have a date figured out that is...?

Originally Posted by IronMike
The Malibu route looks insanely fun. Not sure my bones can take 3 hours of those winding and twisting roads... would hope there may be a few breaks along the route, allowing some of the less spirited drivers the opportunity to rejoin the group.
Yea there would definitely be some breaks in the way, I just have to go through the entire map trail to find proper locations for stops/rejoin spots.

Congestion is really random. If we start early enough we could get through a good portion of it without a lot of other cars getting in our way, but, there's no guarantee of that. Regarding the leo's, you win some and you lose some! I think anyone thinking about doing this should also be understand the risks and be ok with the possibility that they might get cited IF they get caught speeding!

Also, I think the chances of congestion on Angeles Crest are lower than Malibu.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:07 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Man I wish I was out there with the F Type. You guys have some of the best roads/topography there which would be a dream driving the Jag in!
I hope you guys capture some nice pics on your next run to share with us.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:40 PM
Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Checking in from the X250 side of things. If the Malibu route ends up happening, I'll be sure to make it! Piuma has been one of my favorite roads for years now.

...though the XFR is a little big for Yerba Buena, we'll make it work!

Old 07-29-2017, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tman003
Man I wish I was out there with the F Type. You guys have some of the best roads/topography there which would be a dream driving the Jag in!
I hope you guys capture some nice pics on your next run to share with us.
Yea SoCal is awesome for sure! I will definitely run my GoPro with 64gb card to get the entire run from start to finish!

Originally Posted by patrickw813
Checking in from the X250 side of things. If the Malibu route ends up happening, I'll be sure to make it! Piuma has been one of my favorite roads for years now.

...though the XFR is a little big for Yerba Buena, we'll make it work!
Hell yea! We will definitely get the dates and details setup soon!

Old 07-29-2017, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
Mike, we need to have someone who isn't going to go crazy get about a 10 to 15 minute head start after each break to inform us where they are!

And as you can tell, I'm in...

Old 07-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

If we end up doing the Malibu/Santa Monica Mtn. run, and if it's on a Sunday morning, maybe we all meet at 7am at Supercar Sunday on Topanga at Oxnard, and make it a Jaguar corner. We can show the usual great turnout there that, indeed, there are sporting Jaguars. Then we can take off at 8 or 8:30 and just head straight up Topanga Canyon Blvd. Just a thought.

The following users liked this post:
F-ing it (07-31-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
Mike, we need to have someone who isn't going to go crazy get about a 10 to 15 minute head start after each break to inform us where they are!

And as you can tell, I'm in...
That's great, this is going to turn out to be a good group of cars!

I also thought about having someone up ahead of everyone else to report cop sightings, but I figured anyone that would be interested in a canyon blast probably wouldn't want to be the look out guy taking it easy. I hope I'm wrong in my assumption and if there is anyone out there that would like the position, we would all greatly appreciate it! Hell, if they bring a passenger with them to report cop sightings on Waze, that would make things so much better for everyone, and as a thank you, we could all pitch in $10 to the spotter car to cover his lunch and drinks at Neptunes?!

Originally Posted by tberg
If we end up doing the Malibu/Santa Monica Mtn. run, and if it's on a Sunday morning, maybe we all meet at 7am at Supercar Sunday on Topanga at Oxnard, and make it a Jaguar corner. We can show the usual great turnout there that, indeed, there are sporting Jaguars. Then we can take off at 8 or 8:30 and just head straight up Topanga Canyon Blvd. Just a thought.
That sounds like an awesome plan Tberg!!!!! We should definitely meet and leave from there!

Old 07-31-2017, 01:49 AM

So it seems like Malibu is the route of choice!

The count so far is:

NoScurdyJags
BiggWill
17jag
tberg
IronMike
patrickw813
2010 Kyanite XFR

17jag cant commit till late September, how is everyone elses schedule looking for August or September?

Also, to the people that were at the meet last Saturday, would any of you be down?

Ricardo Agustin Perez
Zmoothg
FR500GT
SigsJag
SanDiegoJAG
HarryFType
JVIII
Socal_transplant
paperboy
FR500GT
TimelessR
thatdude714
Chawumba
Ralphwg
WhiteTardis
F-ing it
BostonKiller
HarryFType
DonsJag
Antberrie

???

The following users liked this post:
F-ing it (07-31-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

I should be fine except for the weekend of 9/23.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbe

Just joined last week. Got my F-type two months ago. Would love to participate - when & where
Steven

Old 07-31-2017, 02:11 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

I am good any Sunday. If its a Saturday, August is in, first three weeks of September are out for me.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Count me in for a Malibu run! Any Sunday works for me.