Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love my 21 FTR, but...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 10:53 PM
Cgo
Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Love my 21 FTR, but...

I have the opportunity to buy the new 2024 Performance RS6 Avant and I've always loved this thing for the sheer absurdity of it. 621 hp/627 tq twin Turbo v8. Zero to 60 in 3.2. Doesn't sound as good and it isn't an all out sports car obviously, but would be fun to blow the doors off sports cars with a wagon! Lol

I'm really torn, but damn this thing is nasty (and modern, and luxurious). Plus, I could take the whole family for romps and stop for groceries. Hahaha

Last edited by Cgo; 07-27-2023 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2023, 11:55 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have seen a lot of them here in italy, and I agree they sound poor especially compared to the F-type. But if you need space it could be a good choice

Old 07-28-2023, 12:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,290 Likes on 889 Posts

They are getting more attractive, that's for sure. I thought that the murdered out Q8's in Peripheral looked amazing https://productplacementblog.com/tv-...01-pilot-2022/

Their reputation in respect of reliability was less notable than notorious, but then again Jag has a bad rep for reliability and my time in Jags has been very much trouble free.

Old 07-28-2023, 01:23 AM
Cgo

Originally Posted by spegor
I have seen a lot of them here in italy, and I agree they sound poor especially compared to the F-type. But if you need space it could be a good choice
Def don't need space. I just think it's sexy as hell, i love quirky cars, and the rediculousness of a 600+ hp ststion wagon. Its ludicrous and i love it for that. Quite honestly, the jag feels antiquated (tech, fit and finish, etc.), but the sound of the Jag is intoxicating. The Audi sounds like a bag of farts unfortunately. But at least its a V8...

Old 07-28-2023, 07:17 AM
Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts

It's faster (Car and Driver) than you think, we're talking C8 Vette territory. But it's a heavy vehicle and weighs 1000 more pounds than your FTR. Not sure if a station wagon no matter how bad *** it may be is going to give you the same wow factor from the masses as the Jaguar does. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by Portlander; 07-28-2023 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-28-2023, 09:51 AM
Cgo

Originally Posted by Portlander

It's faster (Car and Driver) than you think, we're talking C8 Vette territory. But it's a heavy vehicle and weighs 1000 more pounds than your FTR. Not sure if a station wagon no matter how bad *** it may be is going to give you the same wow factor from the masses as the Jaguar does. Good luck with your decision.
Seems like C and D beat the Audi advertised zero to 60... jeez, it is a beast.

As for what the masses think, yup agree, but that isnt necessarily a bad thing. I feel like im in a spot light driving around in the Sorrento Yellow Jag.

I bought mine new in 2021 and paid cash but basically lost close to $50k in value, so i may just keep it. I knew I would eat a pile of cash buying new, but it still hurts. Lol

I wish I had room to add the Avant, but right now, I only have space for one fun car at a time.

The following users liked this post:
Portlander (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 11:40 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgo
I bought mine new in 2021 and paid cash but basically lost close to $50k in value ...
You don't lose anything until you sell it.

Old 07-28-2023, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgo
I have the opportunity to buy the new 2024 Performance RS6 Avant and I've always loved this thing for the sheer absurdity of it. 621 hp/627 tq twin Turbo v8. Zero to 60 in 3.2. Doesn't sound as good and it isn't an all out sports car obviously, but would be fun to blow the doors off sports cars with a wagon! Lol

I'm really torn, but damn this thing is nasty (and modern, and luxurious). Plus, I could take the whole family for romps and stop for groceries. Hahaha
Maybe 10 or so years ago, a RS6 would be considered a "sleeper". You aren't going to surprise anyone at a stoplight in a RS6 today. They are great cars. You can find/make any car fast. It's all the other stuff you need to make sure fits your needs. Audi's are great cars. My wife has always had an Audi since 2001. The RS6 is 5000lbs so it's not going to glide through the corners. That may not matter for you. Everyone has different tastes and needs which is why there is a car for everyone out there.

Portlander (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 06:19 PM

I prefer my SVR 😌 ...That Roar Is Just fenomenal, deep and strong. Dont care any 0-60. The sound Is my First priority
Anyway I dont trust too much dot.com Road test.

Old 07-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgo

Pretty awesome for what it is, but it's just such a different car to what you have. One end of the spectrum to the other in so many ways.

You've definitely been dropping some comments over time that suggests the yellow is getting a bit old for ya ;-) Perhaps that is the root cause of your straying eye? lol

In all seriousness, as a prospective 2024 F-type buyer I don't even have the option of purchasing the Sorrento Yellow in Canada due to constraints (believe it's the same in the US). If that was not the case, and I actually had the ***** to buy that color, I would wear it loud an proud.

I don't know what it is, but that colour in particular seems to show the sweet lines and shape of the F-type almost better than any other color I look at on the car.

I think it's awesome, but maybe that's from a distance in the context of not having to live with it day-to-day, not sure...Saw one in my neck of the woods not too long ago and it was striking...Very nice...

As a weekend car that is your fun car and not a daily driver I think that loud yellow fits the bill for certain, but just generally I think it is pretty sweet...I'm making a prediction: If you unload it you will posting in the current thread going on about regret selling cars etc ;-)

Things are really weird in Canada right now with the 2024s. I'm first on the list at a dealer for one, but no allocations yet. Been on the list for a while now...

Old 07-30-2023, 07:52 PM
Cgo

Originally Posted by DMeister
Pretty awesome for what it is, but it's just such a different car to what you have. One end of the spectrum to the other in so many ways.

You've definitely been dropping some comments over time that suggests the yellow is getting a bit old for ya ;-) Perhaps that is the root cause of your straying eye? lol

In all seriousness, as a prospective 2024 F-type buyer I don't even have the option of purchasing the Sorrento Yellow in Canada due to constraints (believe it's the same in the US). If that was not the case, and I actually had the ***** to buy that color, I would wear it loud an proud.

I don't know what it is, but that colour in particular seems to show the sweet lines and shape of the F-type almost better than any other color I look at on the car.

I think it's awesome, but maybe that's from a distance in the context of not having to live with it day-to-day, not sure...Saw one in my neck of the woods not too long ago and it was striking...Very nice...

As a weekend car that is your fun car and not a daily driver I think that loud yellow fits the bill for certain, but just generally I think it is pretty sweet...I'm making a prediction: If you unload it you will posting in the current thread going on about regret selling cars etc ;-)

Things are really weird in Canada right now with the 2024s. I'm first on the list at a dealer for one, but no allocations yet. Been on the list for a while now...
Very observant! Haha The main reason is that ive always loved the Avant. They never sold them in the US which made me want one even more. They brought it here and I wanted one, but they sold out for the first two years. Then I got the Jag and love it. However, ive never had a loud color and although I like it, I feel kinda juvenile in it. I always do this cycle bouncing between 2 door sports cars and performance sedans. Then they come out with this 2024 Performance RS6 and fixed everything I was Luke warm about. The stance is amazing, the color packages are gorgeous, and 600+ hp Quattro. It's basically a super car in wagon form. That's just absurdity and I love that quirkiness.

The Jag is my fun toy car, but it would be nice to have a fun car that I can actually take family and friends to dinner in or just take the wife and kid out for a drive. With the Jag, it's basically just me or me and my son.

I'll probably keep the Jag around another year and see if there are some slightly used RS6s out there. Dealerships are tacking on $10k mark ups on the 24s and its a 6 month waiting list for special orders.

Old 07-31-2023, 08:17 PM
Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Had an RS6 sedan, loved it when it was running and hated it when in the shop; the thrill of it setting me back in the seat was incredible. Bought it at 10k miles and sold at 24k, about 2 years; blew away 911's, vette's and just about anything else and never found anyone who knew about the car. I know Audi has made them about bullet proof, so I would say buy it and blow some unsuspecting f-type (LOL), 911 or vette off the road.
I have told my kids since they were little, you only live once. make the most of it!!

Cgo (08-02-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 04:07 AM

About 9 seconds for the 100-200 kmh
Ok it is not the performance version but... nothing special here.

Old 08-02-2023, 08:18 PM
Cgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQvjpG_pSJk&t=131s

About 9 seconds for the 100-200 kmh
Ok it is not the performance version but... nothing special here.
I'd say zero to 60 in 3 seconds flat in a 5000lb grocery getter is pretty special. Lol

Old 08-02-2023, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cgo
I'd say zero to 60 in 3 seconds flat in a 5000lb grocery getter is pretty special. Lol
It is a simple thing.

More weight is more grip in the wheels when you start from 0. So you can put more short gears and get better time especially in the 0-30, 0-40 times, but over 50 you obvuiously lose any grip advantage, and the weight lowers performance.

Thats why RS6 do better 0-60 time than your F-type. But F-type is faster past 40-50

if you compare this video to the RS6 video, you can see what I mean.
F-type 1 and 2 gear are respectively 70 and 105, Audi RS6 50- 85

So there is no miracle and no high german engineering, but a simple gear ratio taking advantage from the weight

It is a good commercial tip too.

So people read 0-60 in 2,9 and buy it because it is a pretty fast car (LOL)

Last edited by spegor; 08-02-2023 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-04-2023, 12:37 AM
Cgo

It is a simple thing.

More weight is more grip in the wheels when you start from 0. So you can put more short gears and get better time especially in the 0-30, 0-40 times, but over 50 you obvuiously lose any grip advantage, and the weight lowers performance.

Thats why RS6 do better 0-60 time than your F-type. But F-type is faster past 40-50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Fxuyn8uQo

if you compare this video to the RS6 video, you can see what I mean.
F-type 1 and 2 gear are respectively 70 and 105, Audi RS6 50- 85

So there is no miracle and no high german engineering, but a simple gear ratio taking advantage from the weight

It is a good commercial tip too.

So people read 0-60 in 2,9 and buy it because it is a pretty fast car (LOL)
Quick is better than fast for me. I don't have an autobahn, so quick romps from the light or getting on the highwayhighway preference as well as pulling out of corners.

Too much analysis... lol who cares? Some of us dont buy cars for all out performance. We buy them for how they look, perform, interior quality, features and tech. And because of how cool they are.

The FTR and the RS6 are both cool cars. If i could have both, i would. Nuff said.

Old 08-04-2023, 12:46 AM
Cgo

Idk, looks like that big, heavy grocery getter is quicker and faster than the Jag. Look at the 1/4 mile times and trap speeds. Don't really care, just putting it out there for those who like to argue about performance as if that is most important.

2024 RS6 Performance

2021 Jag FTR

Last edited by Cgo; 08-04-2023 at 12:49 AM.