Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lovemonet

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts
Default Lovemonet

How's the car? Where are those pictures?

I hope all went well last Friday.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh

My sentiments exactly....

Old 12-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You know, this is the 2nd thread I have seen like this. Forum members asking about the whereabouts of their fellow owners. Must be a Jag thing lol. Feel the jag community as a whole is pretty close. For instance, I just went to the dealership this past Saturday since my grandfather wanted to see the car I keep obsessing over. Me and him are looking at it and the salesman I've talked to 2x before (went on a quick test drive with him the month before), came out, I said hey just showing it to him since he was interested, and he goes "feel free to walk around Nathaniel". Shocked me to think after only talking to him 2x before from quite a few weeks past he still knew who I am by name. Jaguar and it's crazy community is pretty damn cool.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by undfeatable
You know, this is the 2nd thread I have seen like this. Forum members asking about the whereabouts of their fellow owners. Must be a Jag thing lol. Feel the jag community as a whole is pretty close. For instance, I just went to the dealership this past Saturday since my grandfather wanted to see the car I keep obsessing over. Me and him are looking at it and the salesman I've talked to 2x before (went on a quick test drive with him the month before), came out, I said hey just showing it to him since he was interested, and he goes "feel free to walk around Nathaniel". Shocked me to think after only talking to him 2x before from quite a few weeks past he still knew who I am by name. Jaguar and it's crazy community is pretty damn cool.
I've seen and experienced what having something in common with another individual can do. It really "breaks the ice" and allows folks to open up and be themselves. I've yet to see a "poser" in this community so far and I'm not surprised. Jaguar folks have always been somewhat of an "eclectic" and mature group of folks. There's something special about them/us and the cars reflect that as well. Nothing like having folks that genuinely care about you and what you're going through. This community is a keeper.

Last edited by MarcusXFR; 12-16-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MarcusXFR
I've seen and experienced what having something in common with another individual can do. It really "breaks the ice" and allows folks to open up and be themselves. I've yet to see a "poser" in this community so far and I'm not surprised. Jaguar folks have always been somewhat of an "eclectic" and mature group of folks. There's something special about them/us and the cars reflect that as well. Nothing like having folks that genuinely care about you and what you're going through. This community is a keeper.
Very well put gentlemen. In the end, it's all [almost always] about shared experiences. Now if only Lovemonet shares her's (and we all hope it has a happy ending).

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-16-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh

I am getting her ready for her closeup😎

Picked her up Friday but took her right home and into the garage as I could not get the XPel film done until yesterday. Today having Ceramic Pro installed on the car. Went with Ceramic Pro rather than Opti Pro mainly because the installer was closer. Will be dark when they are done so may have to wait until tomorrow for pictures.

Thanks for asking!!

Last edited by Lovemonet; 12-16-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Error.
The following users liked this post:
undfeatable (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet

Picked her up Friday but took her right home and into the garage as I could not get the XPel film done until yesterday. Today having Ceramic Pro installed on the car. Went with Ceramic Pro rather than Opti Pro mainly because the installer was closer. Will be dark when they are done so may have to wait until tomorrow for pictures.

Thanks for asking!!
Thanks for the update. I may end up using Ceramic Pro too because that's what my current detailer uses. I dropped my previous detailer because his pricing has become insane.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Thanks for the update. I may end up using Ceramic Pro too because that's what my current detailer uses. I dropped my previous detailer because his pricing has become insane.
I must say I am very pleased with how the ceramic pro looks and with the detailer who did the work. I was initially hesitant as everyone was talking about Opti Pro and CQuartz but it was an hour drive to the nearest Opti Pro installer (sometimes I do miss LA - premium car wash/detailer on every other block!).

I thought the car was beautiful before with the xirallic paint but it actually took my breath away when I saw it tonight. They did the whole car including the interior (leather, plastic, carpets), all the glass and the wheels. I am very happy with how it looks so will now have to see if it protects as well as promised. Will try to take pictures tomorrow but may be Thursday. Very busy week!

Foosh (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 06:13 PM

I must say I am very pleased with how the ceramic pro looks and with the detailer who did the work. I was initially hesitant as everyone was talking about Opti Pro and CQuartz but it was an hour drive to the nearest Opti Pro installer (sometimes I do miss LA - premium car wash/detailer on every other block!). I thought the car was beautiful before with the xirallic paint but it actually took my breath away when I saw it tonight. They did the whole car including the interior (leather, plastic, carpets), all the glass and the wheels. I am very happy with how it looks so will now have to see if it protects as well as promised. Will try to take pictures tomorrow but may be Thursday. Very busy week!
Sounds great. What was the price? The guy here quoted me 2 days work minimum and that the price would be between $1000 and $4500. I told him to **** off.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 12-16-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I must say I am very pleased with how the ceramic pro looks and with the detailer who did the work. I was initially hesitant as everyone was talking about Opti Pro and CQuartz but it was an hour drive to the nearest Opti Pro installer (sometimes I do miss LA - premium car wash/detailer on every other block!).

I thought the car was beautiful before with the xirallic paint but it actually took my breath away when I saw it tonight. They did the whole car including the interior (leather, plastic, carpets), all the glass and the wheels. I am very happy with how it looks so will now have to see if it protects as well as promised. Will try to take pictures tomorrow but may be Thursday. Very busy week!
Excellent, glad you checked in and hear all is well.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcusXFR
There's something special about them/us and the cars reflect that as well.

I've noticed that C, D, E and now even the F-Types get the thumbs up from people passing by. Generally Bimmers and Porsches get different digits shown to them. Hopefully, the Jaguar community maintains the image of polite approachability, style and courteous driving.

Pass the Grey Poupon please.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:32 PM

I've had the car now for 4 days and I have at least four times been at a traffic light, heard someone yelling, and had to wind down the window to listen to someone complimenting the car and asking what it drives like.

To be honest this is getting a bit annoying!

Old 12-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Veteran Member

The guy here quoted me 2 days work minimum and that the price would be between $1000 and $4500.
That in my business - in anyone's business - is called a ridiculously wide, unacceptable, spread.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:30 AM
Veteran Member

To be honest you have a stunning car - we all do! - so get used to it. (You have no other choice; short of not driving it). And it's certainly a hellava lot better than someone yelling while you're winding down the window to listen to someone saying, "do you know how fast you were going?", followed by "license and registration please".

As the British once famously said,

STAY CALM
AND
CARRY ON

Last edited by RickyJay52; 12-17-2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:18 AM

Sounds great. What was the price? The guy here quoted me 2 days work minimum and that the price would be between $1000 and $4500. I told him to **** off.
It was $999.00 plus tax so I think $1063.00. I got the Gold Package which is 4 layers of the Ceramic Pro plus an extra layer of CPLight on the hood plus the interior and wheels. I think there is an extra charge for paint correction which mine did not need. They did wash and clay bar it first.

If you do an Internet search for ceramic pro you will see most detailers charge the same price for the packages. It is a 2 day process if you allow for any paint correction and for the layers to cure. However, rather than leaving it at the detailer to cure overnight I chose to drive it home (you can't do this if it is raining) and cure in my garage for 48 hours. i was told not to wash it for 10 days and to bring it back to the detailer at that time just so he can check and make sure everything looks OK.

There is also a silver package which is 2 layers rather than 4 layers which I think is $590.00 plus tax. The gold package may be overkill, particularly with the film, but that is what I ended up choosing.

Last edited by Lovemonet; 12-17-2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Add additional information
Old 12-17-2014, 06:33 AM

It was $999.00 plus tax so I think $1063.00. I got the Gold Package which is 4 layers of the Ceramic Pro plus an extra layer of CPLight on the hood plus the interior and wheels. I think there is an extra charge for paint correction which mine did not need. They did wash and clay bar it first. If you do an Internet search for ceramic pro you will see most detailers charge the same price for the packages. It is a 2 day process if you allow for any paint correction and for the layers to cure. However, rather than leaving it at the detailer to cure overnight I chose to drive it home (you can't do this if it is raining) and cure in my garage for 48 hours. i was told not to wash it for 10 days and to bring it back to the detailer at that time just so he can check and make sure everything looks OK. There is also a silver package which is 2 layers rather than 4 layers which I think is $590.00 plus tax. The gold package may be overkill, particularly with the film, but that is what I ended up choosing.
Yes so this guy is clearly quoting $1000 for the silver.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

I've had the car now for 4 days and I have at least four times been at a traffic light, heard someone yelling, and had to wind down the window to listen to someone complimenting the car and asking what it drives like.

In just the first two days I drove the car I was getting a lot of thumbs up. I've had that experience in other cars but not to this extent. People just love the F-Type. It makes them smile, old or young. For some reason it doesn't carry the same "rich *******" persona that some other high end vehicles tend to give off even if their owners are the nicest people ever.

Best experience so far was two teenagers in an old beater pulled up beside me on the freeway and gave the thumbs up and snapped a pic. So I let them get up ahead a bit then I floored it past them and left off releasing the trademark pops and crackle. They pulled up again and this time all four hands were up in the air. The car is a crowd pleaser.

F-TypeRookie (12-17-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

The detailer that works for me has been doing my car for years, With the new Jag he is coming tomorrow and applying Opti, on the car, wheels, glasses, applying a layer of Swissvax Concorso and I have not asked for the price, normally it would be something like 800-1200 dollars, he has a la cart price structure, you pick and choose from his menu.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for asking!!
I too have been watching for you pix, look forward to seeing them.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Foosh,
I just spoke with a former associate who currently owns and operates a local detailing shop in our area. If you are interested, he currently handles XPEL and will be taking on Opti Pro within the next couple of months as soon as he has the cleanroom (sterile environment required) set up.