F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower pulley upgrade with dual pulley tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2020, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower pulley upgrade with dual pulley tune?

Hi Guys,

I have a f-type v6s 2015, running stage 1 Viezu tune
My tuner Viezu can only provide me a upper pulley tune or a dual pulley tune.
My first wish was to only put a lower pulley from VAP.

Do you think I can run the dual pulley tune (predator tune) from Viezu without replace the upper pulley considering it only create about 1 psi of boost?

Thank

Old 11-27-2020, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by akenation
Hi Guys,

I have a f-type v6s 2015, running stage 1 Viezu tune
My tuner Viezu can only provide me a upper pulley tune or a dual pulley tune.
My first wish was to only put a lower pulley from VAP.

Do you think I can run the dual pulley tune (predator tune) from Viezu without replace the upper pulley considering it only create about 1 psi of boost?

Thank
The best option is to go with VAP tune and pulley...But since it appears you already bought the Viezu tune, I am thinking your best bet would be the Dual Pulley Tune. Here is my rationale. You can change/upgrade the upper pulley without getting a tune, and you are going to install a Lower Pulley, so since the upper pully does not require a tune, I assume having "both / upper and lower", should be fine.

Perhaps the best place to sk would be Viezu as they should know what parameters they are changing for each/both. I do not, just using some reasoning and WAG.

DC

Old 11-27-2020, 12:48 PM

error

Last edited by akenation; 11-27-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: error
Old 11-27-2020, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Therock88
The best option is to go with VAP tune and pulley...But since it appears you already bought the Viezu tune, I am thinking your best bet would be the Dual Pulley Tune. Here is my rationale. You can change/upgrade the upper pulley without getting a tune, and you are going to install a Lower Pulley, so since the upper pully does not require a tune, I assume having "both / upper and lower", should be fine.

Perhaps the best place to sk would be Viezu as they should know what parameters they are changing for each/both. I do not, just using some reasoning and WAG.

DC
I know that the tune is really important to obtain more boost cause stock the car will bypass the over boost and you will not obtain any gain using upgrade pulley.
I know that lo of people runing both pulley upgrade put back the oem upper pulley cause the rpm of supercharger go to High.
Viezu recommand to put larger charge cooler if I run both pulley. Its to expensive. Some people run dual pulley without any charge cooler upgrade.

For sure If I have not already pay for the Viezu Tune I be sticking on the VAP pulley-tune combo.

I really need to clarified before taking any decision.

Old 11-27-2020, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by akenation
I know that the tune is really important to obtain more boost cause stock the car will bypass the over boost and you will not obtain any gain using upgrade pulley.
I know that lo of people runing both pulley upgrade put back the oem upper pulley cause the rpm of supercharger go to High.
Viezu recommand to put larger charge cooler if I run both pulley. Its to expensive. Some people run dual pulley without any charge cooler upgrade.

For sure If I have not already pay for the Viezu Tune I be sticking on the VAP pulley-tune combo.

I really need to clarified before taking any decision.
Again...The only way to know for sure is from Viezu. But to clarify what I was trying to say.

- If you just had an Upper pulley installed - There is no Tune required at all on the car.
- If you get a Lower pulley on your car (which you are doing from your post) - You do need a tune to account for the amount of additional boost/spinning created by the lower pulley.
- You only have two options from Viezu - Tune for Upper pulley or Tune for both Lower and Upper Pulley. ( I know you are NOT getting an Upper pulley installed).

So. Given those three statements above, and if you do not have, or are not going to get any additional information from Viez,u I would choose the tune for both. Just because you get a tune for both, and are not getting the upper pulley, it is not going to add that boost that the upper pulley would if it was installed. I assume they update a table to "allow" for that in the ECU, but it won't be there because you do not actually have the Upper pulley.

Short of that suggestion, I am not sure you are going to be able to get much more without contacting Viezu.

DC

Old 11-27-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Again...The only way to know for sure is from Viezu. But to clarify what I was trying to say.

- If you just had an Upper pulley installed - There is no Tune required at all on the car.
- If you get a Lower pulley on your car (which you are doing from your post) - You do need a tune to account for the amount of additional boost/spinning created by the lower pulley.
- You only have two options from Viezu - Tune for Upper pulley or Tune for both Lower and Upper Pulley. ( I know you are NOT getting an Upper pulley installed).

So. Given those three statements above, and if you do not have, or are not going to get any additional information from Viez,u I would choose the tune for both. Just because you get a tune for both, and are not getting the upper pulley, it is not going to add that boost that the upper pulley would if it was installed. I assume they update a table to "allow" for that in the ECU, but it won't be there because you do not actually have the Upper pulley.

Short of that suggestion, I am not sure you are going to be able to get much more without contacting Viezu.

DC
I asked Viezu but their answer is short. They give me choices of tune they have in hand and offer to sell me the missing pieces to accommodate. Personally, everything indicates that the upper pulley has more risk than benefit to be installed. I will try the tune for the two pulleys and if necessary I will add the top one as well.

Old 11-27-2020, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 643 Likes on 411 Posts

Dump Viezu; your motor is way too expensive to be fooling around with a tune that's not properlty matched to the upgrades you've installed.

The following users liked this post:
Therock88 (11-27-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 11:47 AM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Same old viezu, giving out duff info or just plain bull shitting people.
Tune should be for lower pulley not both as most people know that the upper pulley on a v6 is a waste of time but viezu will push you to fit one so it makes them money.
Same for the upgraded intercooler, you don't "need" it but viezu will try and sell you it and as for they're after sales, what a joke from what i've heard.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 999 Likes on 747 Posts

If memory serves (not going to look it up because dinner is almost ready), the upper pulley is about 2.5% and the lower is close to 11%. A dual pulley tune versus a lower only tune is not that great, and with the lower pulley only, should be slightly conservative compared to you having both pulleys.

That said, sourcing hardware and software from the same vendor has its advantages.